The Walking Dead | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

The Walking Dead

The way I look at the speech pattern of the Garbage People: it's the way they portray themselves to other groups as a means to confuse. To me, it's an acting job. Rick and the team were clearly taken off guard by how this group functioned during their first meeting, probably asking themselves 'are they nuts?' Jadis is obviously not stupid and is a leader in her own right. Also, as with any other type of group surviving the apocalypse, they have to establish some sort of order. The order here appears to be that Jadis speaks for the group and everyone else keeps their mouths shut. I doubt they act like that all the time when they're living in their junkyard caverns.

Were the garbage people in the books? I don't remember that. Think their storyline is pretty stupid, like most of the non-book stuff. Speech patterns don't change in a few years--doesn't matter how ostracized you are.

Now that we are far into the book timeline, why didn't they downgrade their tech in the tv show? They still have electricity and everything. I liked the turn in book-Alexandria once they were forced to live lo-tech. Gave it a better survival feel.

Show is pretty bad now, but I don't really care. It's about zombies ffs.

Were the garbage people in the books? I don't remember that. Think their storyline is pretty stupid, like most of the non-book stuff. Speech patterns don't change in a few years--doesn't matter how ostracized you are.

Now that we are far into the book timeline, why didn't they downgrade their tech in the tv show? They still have electricity and everything. I liked the turn in book-Alexandria once they were forced to live lo-tech. Gave it a better survival feel.

Show is pretty bad now, but I don't really care. It's about zombies ffs.

No, no garbage people in the comics

The thing that made irked me the most about the season was the screwed up speech patterns of the junk yard folks like they were some sort of alien race in Star Trek. I would get the leader having a certain speech pattern but the whole community speaking like that? Dumb.
Yeah, I was confused why they added Romulans to the show.

Worst season since Season 2

I think the narrative has become repetitive & next season should be the last . . . close it with an elongated look into the future the way Six Feet Under did.

Worst season since Season 2

I think the narrative has become repetitive & next season should be the last . . . close it with an elongated look into the future the way Six Feet Under did.

Best ending ever.

I thought it was one of the best written seasons.. but if all you wanted was zombie killing and action it was a downer.

I thought it was one of the best written seasons.. but if all you wanted was zombie killing and action it was a downer.

I feel like they had a real hard time keeping tabs on the world they've created. Like they introduce the Kingdom/King Ezekiel in one episode and then dont hear from them for like five weeks.

my issue is not with the action or lack thereof; it is with the narrative and the character development - or lack thereof

my issue is not with the action or lack thereof; it is with the narrative and the character development - or lack thereof

Too many characters. They can't develop any one single character because they have so many.

Need a cull early next season. Which should happen given it's All Out War.

I bailed out on this one, which is amazing because it used to be my favorite show. I watched the first two episodes of this season but it was feeling like a chore.

I bailed out on this one, which is amazing because it used to be my favorite show. I watched the first two episodes of this season but it was feeling like a chore.
The last episode was pretty damn good.

Since I dont read the comics and try to stay away from spoiler sites I still enjoy the show.. I dont see 3-4-5 more years of it, without and end goal though. just spinning around in one area. and how much bigger a group can they build to destroy each other..

Liked last night's show showing a touch of humanity in Negan.

I don't read the comics, so whenever the Negan/Saviors story line ends (does is?), what's next for the show? I hope the show does last several more years (have watched it from the start), but wonder if people will get tired of it and what new exciting story lines there will be. No spoilers.

CARL!!! Nooooooooooo! OMG!!!
Episode was crap.

The communities are all geared up to fight and crumble at the first sign of resistance. "Oh no! We've been sending people off to fight and die all over the place but now that Negan's people are confronting us we better surrender and give up our guns!" Horse crap.

Lazy writing when you keep just saying "Eugene" to explain the tables turning. Garbage.

Negan wasting resources like crazy, again. Plus, his band of leaders go from at each other's throats and falling apart to mysteriously coordinated and effective again. Not likely.

I mean, I'll watch when it comes back, but this episode was so bad. Just so bad.

And another thing.

Now that flash forward from the start of the season makes even less sense.

This is like Lost all over again.

It appears the goal is to keep the show on TV for another ten years, not to advance the story. It's become wash rinse repeat. That was so boring. Entertain me idiot box!

who gave up their guns other than Maggie when surrounded?
I guess the Kingdom, but its been made a point that all their trained warriors were annihilated at the one outpost. The remaining populace is just farmers/workers/non combatants. The hilltop is the last remaining stronghold.

I guess the Kingdom, but its been made a point that all their trained warriors were annihilated at the one outpost. The remaining populace is just farmers/workers/non combatants. The hilltop is the last remaining stronghold.

Which makes no sense as to why Maggie and Jesus were just free to be able to go back to the Hilltop.

Which makes no sense as to why Maggie and Jesus were just free to be able to go back to the Hilltop.
With the amount of structural damage and human losses the saviors sustained, they needed to preserve the Kingdom as a new permanent HQ/settlement and the Hilltop as their slave/agricultural force. I think it displays Neegan’s underestimation of Maggie’s ability to lead/persevere. He’s used to the hilltop, and Gregory, being the bread basket/whipping boy of the saviors.

With the amount of structural damage and human losses the saviors sustained, they needed to preserve the Kingdom as a new permanent HQ/settlement and the Hilltop as their slave/agricultural force. I think it displays Neegan’s underestimation of Maggie’s ability to lead/persevere. He’s used to the hilltop, and Gregory, being the bread basket/whipping boy of the saviors.

But the major plotline of the season was that Negan wanted Ezekial, Rick and Maggie captured alive so that he can make an example of them. They had Maggie captured and then just let her return to the Hilltop. Why?

But the major plotline of the season was that Negan wanted Ezekial, Rick and Maggie captured alive so that he can make an example of them. They had Maggie captured and then just let her return to the Hilltop. Why?
Probably just sexist and believes shes the least threatening of the three. Simon seems to have the strongest personality of the henchmen and probably figures Maggie as a more efficient replacement for Gregory. Negan may think the Hilltop will produce better with their own leader as his puppet, but they dont realize Maggie’s the furthest thing from Greg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom