There is hope next year. The sky is not falling... | Syracusefan.com

There is hope next year. The sky is not falling...

StCuse315

Walk On
There is hope next year. Gmac wasnt great in the zone as a freshman, but he had Duany by his side so nobody really remembers. Girard does not have Kueth by his side but he will be better in the zone. He has that quarterback/leader mentality we need. Buddy needs to beef up and be hidden on the wing in the zone and split forward minutes with Q and Marek. Keep shooting bud. We will have 15 fouls to give at the center position. Can Goodine or Richmond be enough of a spark at the 2? Rotate in Howash and Buddy and there is your guard rotation. If Q and Goodine are ready to go next year, look out. Marek and Girard get All-ACC recognition. Enjoy the ACC tourney fam, and whatever happens after. Hopefully the arenas wont be empty

I appreciate your optimism.

Kinda feel like we need Kadary to be solid for us next year, OR to reel in one or both of the potential Grad transfers.

Honestly don’t think our returners less Eli is going to make for a good year next year.

JB is just too wedded to the idea of JGIII & Buddy getting 35+ mins nearly every night.
They’re both too one-dimensional, and when that one dimension isn’t happening, we struggle mightily.

I’d certainly love to be proven wrong.

I’m confident it gets better. It has to.

I dont think it does. Why wouldn't it have changed yet?

He's not getting benched.

Guierrier shoots 3s and doesnt see the court for weeks, comes back and doesnt take a 3. Why would Girard learn?

If Girards shot selection doesn't change nothing will change.

Possibly, but not necessarily. His completion percentage could change as well. and if it happens in any direction, I'd wager cash it would be upward.

i no longer consider this a "young inexperienced" backcourt. they've both logged a ton of minutes and starts between them. things should have clicked by now.

There is hope next year. Gmac wasnt great in the zone as a freshman, but he had Duany by his side so nobody really remembers. Girard does not have Kueth by his side but he will be better in the zone. He has that quarterback/leader mentality we need. Buddy needs to beef up and be hidden on the wing in the zone and split forward minutes with Q and Marek. Keep shooting bud. We will have 15 fouls to give at the center position. Can Goodine or Richmond be enough of a spark at the 2? Rotate in Howash and Buddy and there is your guard rotation. If Q and Goodine are ready to go next year, look out. Marek and Girard get All-ACC recognition. Enjoy the ACC tourney fam, and whatever happens after. Hopefully the arenas wont be empty

buddy and joe play 75 minutes a game in the backcourt. More of the same.

Buddy and Joe will play 35+ each. Neither will be good enough on D to make up for the other.

anybody thinking we will be better next year really surprises me...why? What makes anyone think we will be better other than a magical improvement in athleticism and size, while still losing our best player?

We have no forwards who can make a jump shot (without Hughes). We have 2 slow footed catch and shoot guards at the top of the zone who can't defend the 3 pt line or shoot with a defender not allowing them space. Not optimistic about next season.

Buddy and Joe will play 35+ each. Neither will be good enough on D to make up for the other.

anybody thinking we will be better next year really surprises me...why? What makes anyone think we will be better other than a magical improvement in athleticism and size, while still losing our best player?

Unfettered blind optimism topped by Orange colored dark glasses.

We have no forwards who can make a jump shot (without Hughes). We have 2 slow footed catch and shoot guards at the top of the zone who can't defend the 3 pt line or shoot with a defender not allowing them space. Not optimistic about next season.

Then move Buddy to the 3. He can't be worse down low then he is up top. Hopefully that gets another playmaker on the floor while also adding much needed shooting to the forward rotation

As BevoSU and others have noted today and at other times, in emergency duty Buddy showed he could play the 3 on a moment's notice(he actually volunteered after someone else had a hard time with it) without much practice at it, and it might be worth looking at seeing how he plays there while moving Joe to his natural 2 slot where he broke state records, and letting people trash other people in the PG slot when debating who needs less/more time.

I also added it would be cool if JB would at least try this, without necessarily being married to it. Have multiple dissimilar lineup combinations ready to go, and make others need to work harder to prepare for you instead of them just needing to show up on defense.

We’re looking at similar season next year without Hughes. That’s why it’s vital we land at least one impact transfer. To think otherwise is crazy.
Any word on the good news that Wildhack alluded to a few weeks ago?

I’m actually not very concerned with this loss.

-End of year, we’ve plateaud physically, mentally and emotionally. We came out flat against a senior night opponent with nothing to lose. We’ll regain a spark next week and see what this team’s made of.

-Bou fouled out and Edwards provided some good moments, Guerrier continued to keep us competitive with his energy.

-Elijah, not sure if it’s concussion protocol or what, was out. It’s hard to win any p5 road game without your best player offensively and defensively.

Team looked tired and Girard plays too up and down emotionally imo.

Would kill for a senior-season Duany.

I’m actually not very concerned with this loss.

-End of year, we’ve plateaud physically, mentally and emotionally. We came out flat against a senior night opponent with nothing to lose. We’ll regain a spark next week and see what this team’s made of.

-Bou fouled out and Edwards provided some good moments, Guerrier continued to keep us competitive with his energy.

-Elijah, not sure if it’s concussion protocol or what, was out. It’s hard to win any p5 road game without your best player offensively and defensively.

Team looked tired and Girard plays too up and down emotionally imo.

The implication from a line like that is that they played well "with nothing to lose" - that was a hideous performance by Miami without their best player. I've never seen a team miss the rim so much from inches away...and they couldn't catch a pass. I mean, they tried every way imaginable today to get blown out, and they couldn't do it.

The implication from a line like that is that they played well "with nothing to lose" - that was a hideous performance by Miami without their best player. I've never seen a team miss the rim so much from inches away...and they couldn't catch a pass. I mean, they tried every way imaginable today to get blown out, and they couldn't do it.
We failed to put ourselves in a position to win, So we lost. The game came down to the line, one team took the initiative and it wasn’t us.

miami made plays in the end, joe tried to play hero ball and wasted some possessions. Without going on an angry tangent thats all I’ll say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom