There is hope next year. The sky is not falling... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

There is hope next year. The sky is not falling...

Possibly, but not necessarily. His completion percentage could change as well. and if it happens in any direction, I'd wager cash it would be upward.

Percentage will never change with those crap shots he takes. He isn't Curry or Harden.

We failed to put ourselves in a position to win, So we lost. The game came down to the line, one team took the initiative and it wasn’t us.

miami made plays in the end, joe tried to play hero ball and wasted some possessions. Without going on an angry tangent thats all I’ll say.

I guess I just take exception to the idea behind your post.

Let's say what you say is true. Miami was an epic disaster, and we were losing WITH Hughes. Let's not pretend the game changed when he left - hell, we fared better for a bit.

Also, if this team is going to take a night off, THIS TEAM, that should be more concerning to you. They're overwhelmed emotionally? At the very least, if they're checked out, shouldn't the coach be playing Goodine/Washington/Edwards...some guys who are mentally/physically checked in?

I also added it would be cool if JB would at least try this, without necessarily being married to it. Have multiple dissimilar lineup combinations ready to go, and make others need to work harder to prepare for you instead of them just needing to show up on defense.
This x1000

I'm a stubborn man- my wife and kids can attest to that. But when I see something NOT exactly working, I start to look at options. I don't try to FORCE square pegs into round holes w/out even attempting to experiment w/ alternatives.
Yes, JB is a HOF'er...blah blah blah. But even Stevie Wonder can see that something needs to happen w/ the "40-minutes and a cloud of dust" PT philosophy he employs, especially with this lineup. He seems unable, or unwilling to adjust to his personnel. I fully expect Khadary to come in next year and...SIT, while we watch Buddy and JG3 play their usual 40 mins. And, even if Goodine and Jalen are still here, I don't expect the bench situation to change much. It is, what it is.

Percentage will never change with those crap shots he takes. He isn't Curry or Harden.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with that. I do think it's simple enough to imagine the shots other than those starting to fall more often, and for Joe to then notice the difference and possibly gain a bit more self control of that fire and begin to adjust accordingly.

There is hope next year. Gmac wasnt great in the zone as a freshman, but he had Duany by his side so nobody really remembers. Girard does not have Kueth by his side but he will be better in the zone. He has that quarterback/leader mentality we need. Buddy needs to beef up and be hidden on the wing in the zone and split forward minutes with Q and Marek. Keep shooting bud. We will have 15 fouls to give at the center position. Can Goodine or Richmond be enough of a spark at the 2? Rotate in Howash and Buddy and there is your guard rotation. If Q and Goodine are ready to go next year, look out. Marek and Girard get All-ACC recognition. Enjoy the ACC tourney fam, and whatever happens after. Hopefully the arenas wont be empty

I’ve read this next year post for a few years now

Yes, JB is a HOF'er...blah blah blah. But even Stevie Wonder can see that something needs to happen w/ the "40-minutes and a cloud of dust" PT philosophy he employs, especially with this lineup. He seems unable, or

why mess with what's working ? except when IT'S NOT WORKING !

I guess I just take exception to the idea behind your post.

Let's say what you say is true. Miami was an epic disaster, and we were losing WITH Hughes. Let's not pretend the game changed when he left - hell, we fared better for a bit.

Also, if this team is going to take a night off, THIS TEAM, that should be more concerning to you. They're overwhelmed emotionally? At the very least, if they're checked out, shouldn't the coach be playing Goodine/Washington/Edwards...some guys who are mentally/physically checked in?
Edwards, sure. Washington and Goodine offer nothing at this time that would’ve chhanged this game, outside of maybe Goodine offering better perimeter D.

Sidibe still commits awful fouls.

Buddy’s potentially the weakest defender we’ve ever had in our zone and has redefined streaky scoring.

Girard seems to mentally check out during meaningful possessions and chuck up shots like it’s the playground.

Marek, god love him, could be playing canisius and still get pushed around. At least his scoring’s developed to where it has. Without it we lose tonight by 10.

This team looked like an exhausted, poor basketball team tonight. We allowed ourselves to lose to a consistently worse team.

i won’t worry about it because I know we may not be good, but we are not this bad. We definitely win had Elijah not sustained a head injury they undoubtedly pulled him for due to precautionary measures.

I dont think it does. Why wouldn't it have changed yet?

He's not getting benched.

Guierrier shoots 3s and doesnt see the court for weeks, comes back and doesnt take a 3. Why would Girard learn?

Earlier I thought you were Shark, but got a bit swept up in other things and now am getting around to asking that. I don't want to assume either way, and certainly want to be sensitive, but was that RIP for real in the common usage of leaving this life? If so, may I ask what happened? Or did he manage the more common "RIP" on here and get banned?

Either way, I appreciate the tribute for him. You wouldnt be close to my first guess for someome sporting a Phish-related avatar from what I gather, so the whole thing was a bit of a mindbleep to me when I finally realized I it was you, after wondering what in the heck had gotten into Shark58(RIP).

Earlier I thought you were Shark, but got a bit swept up in other things and now am getting around to asking that. I don't want to assume either way, and certainly want to be sensitive, but was that RIP for real in the common usage of leaving this life? If so, may I ask what happened? Or did he manage the more common "RIP" on here and get banned?

Either way, I appreciate the tribute for him. You wouldnt be close to my first guess for someome sporting a Phish-related avatar from what I gather, so the whole thing was a bit of a mindbleep to me when I finally realized I it was you, after wondering what in the heck had gotten into Shark58(RIP).

So the thing is, the sky already fell.

Until Dior gets here, barring meteoric improvement by like 3-4 guys/'croots vastly outperforming their ranking, we're going to look just like this record wise and be a NIT/bubble team.

That's what we are as a program. I've made peace with it. It's fine. We've had a run at being above average for an insane amount of time thanks to JB.

Until Dior gets here, barring meteoric improvement by like 3-4 guys/'croots vastly outperforming their ranking, we're going to look just like this record wise and be a NIT/bubble team.

That's what we are as a program. I've made peace with it. It's fine. We've had a run at being above average for an insane amount of time thanks to JB.

Well said. So instead of the popular tv show about prison, "Orange Is The New Black", our variation is something like "Black Are The New Days For Orange"?

-End of year, we’ve plateaud physically, mentally and emotionally. We came out flat against a senior night opponent with nothing to lose.
Miami's senior night performance was pathetic. Unfortunately, our performance was worse!
SU played like they spent all day in the FL sun/waves. Zombie Ball -what a dud.

Crazy season -so hope Eli's back for ACCT and SU plays great in Greensboro to end season on high note!

Miami's senior night performance was pathetic. Unfortunately, our performance was worse!
SU played like they spent all day in the FL sun/waves. Zombie Ball -what a dud.

Crazy season -so hope Eli's back for ACCT and SU plays great in Greensboro to end season on high note!

Do you mean today, or on our senior night(vs UNC)? ;)

This is absurd. There are tons of historically mediocre to bad programs that have turned things around with the right coaching hire and:/or better recruiting... two of them met in the national title game last year.

This is absurd. There are tons of historically mediocre to bad programs that have turned things around with the right coaching hire and:/or better recruiting... two of them met in the national title game last year.
I'm not sure you really understood my post if you think it's absurd.

I acknowledged "better recruiting" by stating we can expect things to change when Dior arrives, but for next season the recruiting only gets "better" if the guys coming in perform higher than their rating. This isn't a hot take. It is what it is. If we get Benny and Mac in 2021 that's a big shot in the arm, but that's unknown for now.

Re: the right coaching hire. We have the coach. There's not a hire to be made. We're ride or die with JB.

That's why I've accepted that the odds are really likely that the season results we'll see the next two seasons are probably going to match the results this season. Unless something drastic and pretty much completely unforeseen as of right now happens, we're not going to see immediate changes on the two catalysts you mentioned - 'crootin and coachin'. We're not. So, the results aren't really changing either.

I think long-term our best case scenario is Dior is everything we hope both as a player and magnet for other talent, JB retires on a high note and leaves behind a healthy program, and we get a big time coach to come in and build the next era. But that's long-term. Short-term, we're going to be an OK program. That's about it.

I'm not sure you really understood my post if you think it's absurd.

I acknowledged "better recruiting" by stating we can expect things to change when Dior arrives, but for next season the recruiting only gets "better" if the guys coming in perform higher than their rating. This isn't a hot take. It is what it is. If we get Benny and Mac in 2021 that's a big shot in the arm, but that's unknown for now.

Re: the right coaching hire. We have the coach. There's not a hire to be made. We're ride or die with JB.

That's why I've accepted that the odds are really likely that the season results we'll see the next two seasons are probably going to match the results this season. Unless something drastic and pretty much completely unforeseen as of right now happens, we're not going to see immediate changes on the two catalysts you mentioned - 'crootin and coachin'. We're not. So, the results aren't really changing either.

I think long-term our best case scenario is Dior is everything we hope both as a player and magnet for other talent, JB retires on a high note and leaves behind a healthy program, and we get a big time coach to come in and build the next era. But that's long-term. Short-term, we're going to be an OK program. That's about it.

I suppose it's possible that some took it as a backhanded compliment that depending on one's perspective of time can literally feel like somewhat distant propecy, even if it weren't the ultra-rare unicorn that was the subject of it.

When I'm conscious of it, I try to acknowledge we're all fluid beings and not the fixed thing that it appears possible to be seen as when attached to words on a screen. That's one reason I try to avoid implying endorsement of too much on here to begin with, while still trying to find a fine line to express appreciation for the person and the post...if anyone cares at all what motivates me at times. Kinda feels like the Shaft "theme" when it says he's a complicated man, who no one understands...(except "his woman"). John Shaft,

I thought their was hope for next year because I thought Hughes was coming back.
Now it’s apparent he is likely gone after this year.
His leap was unbelievable this year and kept us from bottoming out.

I don’t believe this roster without Tape and Towns will be able as good this year. This year we were textbook average.

Our zone doesn’t have the personnel to play it well and I don’t believe Jim Boeheim will adjust.
That loss yesterday was just brutal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom