They're gonna need a bigger desk... | Syracusefan.com

They're gonna need a bigger desk...

Colin Jost Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Can they dump Corso and Howard?

Add in Greg Olsen

Corso will be 89 at the start of the college football season. My guess is that he'll just do the helmet thing with the fans before the show and then do the picks. I think he should be able to do them as long as he wants. Which, sadly, won't be much longer. Death is undefeated.

dude has no personal charisma, but the amount of football knowledge locked up in that brain could make for a really interesting show

Was hoping that he'd replace McAfee. I figured ESPN dumped too much money down that hole for them to boot him.

Was hoping that he'd replace McAfee. I figured ESPN dumped too much money down that hole for them to boot him.

Now that Corso has such a limited role, McAfee is about the only reason I watch.

It's otherwise become a very long and drawn out show. He at least adds some entertainment to it. Even at that, I usually just watch the last 20 minutes.

Replace him with Saban? Zzzzzzzzz.

For me anyway.

Now that Corso has such a limited role, McAfee is about the only reason I watch.

It's otherwise become a very long and drawn out show. He at least adds some entertainment to it. Even at that, I usually just watch the last 20 minutes.

For me anyway.

It's probably just getting older but I don't like the show like I used to. Herbie acts like Jay Bilas with half the brains, and it's just way to corporate guy golf trip stuff. I fink McAfee to be a bore but I get why you like his tanktops.

For me anyway.
I'm the opposite. I'd probably watch more if he wasn't on. He comes off as such a tool. Maybe that appeals to the demo they're targeting. I just get a vibe that if body odor was a person, it would be Pat McAfee.

I'm the opposite. I'd probably watch more if he wasn't on. He comes off as such a tool. Maybe that appeals to the demo they're targeting. I just get a vibe that if body odor was a person, it would be Pat McAfee.

I'll admit, I thought that at first. And I remember my wife commenting, who is this obnoxious guy, why is he dressed like that, and why is he on this show? (was refreshing to hear her complain about someone other than me).

But as I watched the picks every week, I started to like him more and more in that role. As Bayside said, it's probably just the tank tops.

they need McAfee to appeal to the young schmucks of the world. He's likely a fixture going forward

edit: which I see you gents have already discussed above, God love ya Chip!

they need McAfee to appeal to the young schmucks of the world. He's likely a fixture going forward

edit: which I see you gents have already discussed above, God love ya Chip!

I think this is 2 compliments in one post!

Agree 110%. Listening to McAfee is like dragging your nails on a chalkboard to me. He is that old frat guy who never grew up. But ESPN is trying to appeal to the young whippersnappers. At least they are giving us older farts Saban to counter.

McAfee ruined Gameday IMO. He's great on his own show but has no respect for the traditions and institutions that exist in college football.

Corso will be 89 at the start of the college football season. My guess is that he'll just do the helmet thing with the fans before the show and then do the picks. I think he should be able to do them as long as he wants. Which, sadly, won't be much longer. Death is undefeated.
Correction: 117,000,000,000 and 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom