This game Friday has me stressing out!!!! | Syracusefan.com

This game Friday has me stressing out!!!!

CU44SE

All Conference
Everyone on here continues to say and write about how bad Rhode Island really is, I just have this awful feeling due to last year. Not a feeling we are going to lose, but a feeling that it will be close. And then no one will know how to react. Yes Villanova was decent last year but no one thought it would be that close and it was the perfect microcasm of the season. I just hope we come out with a lot of fire and dominate from the start so we have something strong to build on. Been so long without football and Im just a nervous reck about another bad year.

Whats stressing me out is trying to keep my phone turned off for a few hours. I have a slow pitch softball tourney and games start friday night. I could catch the first half and then drive to the tourney...but I am going to try to just wait until after our game that night and 2watch when I get home. Luckily most peeps here in Iowa wont be talking about our game.

Here is how I view the season which is how everyone should view the season

We cant win a NC
We cant win the ACC

So lets just try to see if we can get to 6 wins and make a crappy bowl to build for next season.

Aside from that there isnt anything to be stressed over.

We cant win a NC
We cant win the ACC

So lets just try to see if we can get to 6 wins and make a crappy bowl to build for next season.

I won't go into any season with that negative of a view and I disagree that this how "everyone should view the season". No one thought SU would be any good in 1987. When I set foot on campus as a freshman that year, few people gave us a chance against MD in the first game and going into the season, no one thought we could compete with PSU or Pitt. You never know what can happen in college football. I have hope going into every single game. I would rather leave a game disappointed than go into it thinking we have no chance.

I won't go into any season with that negative of a view and I disagree that this how "everyone should view the season". No one thought SU would be any good in 1987. When I set foot on campus as a freshman that year, few people gave us a chance against MD in the first game and going into the season, no one thought we could compete with PSU or Pitt. You never know what can happen in college football. I have hope going into every single game. I would rather leave a game disappointed than go into it thinking we have no chance.

it was different back then. The whole sport in general. Plus we had some serious talent on that team.

Look I hope we go 12-0 and will live and die with every snap this season but I am not going to be joey jock sniffer su guy who thinks we have a shot at 10-2. Not going to happen with the talent that we have vs other teams on the schedule.

Shock the world!!!!

Everyone on here continues to say and write about how bad Rhode Island really is, I just have this awful feeling due to last year. Not a feeling we are going to lose, but a feeling that it will be close. And then no one will know how to react. Yes Villanova was decent last year but no one thought it would be that close and it was the perfect microcasm of the season. I just hope we come out with a lot of fire and dominate from the start so we have something strong to build on. Been so long without football and Im just a nervous reck about another bad year.
go for a run, tree your gal, make a bloody, hit the steam. Its all good

it was different back then. The whole sport in general. Plus we had some serious talent on that team.

Look I hope we go 12-0 and will live and die with every snap this season but I am not going to be joey jock sniffer su guy who thinks we have a shot at 10-2. Not going to happen with the talent that we have vs other teams on the schedule.
Walter.jpg

I follow Villanova. I had a bad feeling about Nova last year and said so on the board. RI? Not so much.

If I have any reason to be stressed out about this game before the clock hits 00:00 in the 4th quarter, I'm pretty sure my streak of keeping things in perspective and not getting too angry will come to an end.

Marsh01 said:
Here is how I view the season which is how everyone should view the season We cant win a NC We cant win the ACC So lets just try to see if we can get to 6 wins and make a crappy bowl to build for next season. Aside from that there isnt anything to be stressed over.
I'm not gonna view ur crap comment go watch the hoops team practice buddy.

dollarbill44 said:
Another 1987 freshman here. I've been hooked for life after stepping foot on campus that wonderful fall.

We cant win a NC
We cant win the ACC

SAGE.

go for a run, tree your gal, make a bloody, hit the steam. Its all good
Tree your gal... tell me there is a sex reference ive never heard before. Please explain.

does anyone know if you can start the game from the beginning on ESPN3 after kickoff? or do you have to wait for the replay?

Not much to stress about, Nova was a really good fcs team, Rhody is a really bad one. If we struggle with them, its going to be a long year anyway.

Whats stressing me out is trying to keep my phone turned off for a few hours. I have a slow pitch softball tourney and games start friday night. I could catch the first half and then drive to the tourney...but I am going to try to just wait until after our game that night and 2watch when I get home. Luckily most peeps here in Iowa wont be talking about our game.
It's always a text message from an out-of-town friend that messes it up for me when trying to avoid the score. Turning the phone off is the way to go for sure.

AAM62 said:
does anyone know if you can start the game from the beginning on ESPN3 after kickoff? or do you have to wait for the replay?

When it's live, you watch live.

Not stressed at all about tomorrow. Rhode Island is not a Top 10 FCS squad. We should have a (significantly) better offense this year and I don't expect the D to drop off the cliff. There are some games on the schedule I'll be stressing over but Rhody isn't one of them. 44-13.

I'm not worried,... At all but if we somehow lose what sucks is that the season is over. We have to wait a whole nother year for football... It will kill the program.

But we will win by 30. That's how I get excited for games vs crappy FCS teams... Just think about the consequences of losing them and you'll get that nervous buzz a bit lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom