This is going to be a loooooong year | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

This is going to be a loooooong year

Patterson minutes played 10.
Cooney minutes played 32.

Mike G has to be backup PG. Our spacing on offense is poor because we have a SG who can't create his own offense, a SF who has the tighest leash on the team, a C who is our best offensive option but can't stay out of foul trouble, and two freshman at PG and PF playing a lot of minutes.

Cooney and Rak are the experienced guys. Rak has shown improvement what improvement has Cooney shown? I would like to see Patterson be able to play Cooney's minutes in a couple of games before I criticize him. I love how you call out Patterson, but Cooney gets praise. Jeez your really objective.

If you read my posts, I have stated cooney has not been good, but he has been better than Patterson. So yes when their is a so called position battle I'll compare thetwo players that strictly play that position. Patterson made 3 bad plays in his first stint in the game. Nba 3 right when he got in, made a pass to a player 2 feet in front of him for a turnover, and instead of going to the basket passed to a pf in the corner who then traveled, shows inexperience. Cooney is the best option right now in my opinion between those two. And Christmas has shown minimal improvement and it showed yesterday when he actually played against a decent front line.

If you read my posts, I have stated cooney has not been good, but he has been better than Patterson. So yes when their is a so called position battle I'll compare thetwo players that strictly play that position. Patterson made 3 bad plays in his first stint in the game. Nba 3 right when he got in, made a pass to a player 2 feet in front of him for a turnover, and instead of going to the basket passed to a pf in the corner who then traveled, shows inexperience. Cooney is the best option right now in my opinion between those two. And Christmas has shown minimal improvement and it showed yesterday when he actually played against a decent front line.
Cooney has been better than Patterson? We haven't seen Patterson get 1 game where he has had the leash Cooney has had. If we played Patterson mid 20's and Cooney mid 20's in mpg we could actually see. JB treats Roberson like he is a Senior and gives Cooney all the rope he needs.

Cooney has been better than Patterson? We haven't seen Patterson get 1 game where he has had the leash Cooney has had. If we played Patterson mid 20's and Cooney mid 20's in mpg we could actually see. JB treats Roberson like he is a Senior and gives Cooney all the rope he needs.
To answer you question, yes. You have to knock the champ out to win, Patterson hasn't done that or he would play more

To answer you question, yes. You have to knock the champ out to win, Patterson hasn't done that or he would play more
Unless you have tenure. Cooney got 25 minutes in the NCAA tournament game last year. It was obvious at halftime Mike G should have started the second half, but Cooney did. If you got JB tenure it doesn't matter.

Unless you have tenure. Cooney got 25 minutes in the NCAA tournament game last year. It was obvious at halftime Mike G should have started the second half, but Cooney did. If you got JB tenure it doesn't matter.
If mike wasn't being asked to play 3 positions, then yes he should be starting over cooney. This team yesterday got outplayed at every position unfortunately. I don't think you are saying this, but Trevor isn't the only reason they lost the game. My opinion is Trevor is better than buss, as the season goes on maybe buss will improve and take minutes away.

Lol, if you read JB's book he kicks himself because he thinks leaving G in the game cost us the game last year, specifically when G lost his shoe and we gave up a three pointer at the end. He said he wished he'd have Trevor in at that time.

I know Cooney hasn't been good, but somehow Patterson has been worse than Cooney so far in these three games. Hes 2-12 and 1-7. I think he missed a three by 6 feet last night. I'm pretty sure thats why he went back on the bench. Nothing new with JB there. James Southerland got very similar treatment his Sophomore year.

I'm so glad I fell asleep at halftime.

Lol, if you read JB's book he kicks himself because he thinks leaving G in the game cost us the game last year, specifically when G lost his shoe and we gave up a three pointer at the end. He said he wished he'd have Trevor in at that time.

I know Cooney hasn't been good, but somehow Patterson has been worse than Cooney so far in these three games. Hes 2-12 and 1-7. I think he missed a three by 6 feet last night. I'm pretty sure thats why he went back on the bench. Nothing new with JB there. James Southerland got very similar treatment his Sophomore year.

I guess JB forgot about the turnover in the 2nd half that led to Dayton fast break and 1 that got TC benched for the 2nd half. Mike G was sadly the best offensive player we had in that game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom