This press conference is Brutal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This press conference is Brutal

We should at least get a better product sample considering the guys ahead of him are 29.1% and 28.6% from 3. Cooney hasn't shot that badly in games where A) he takes more than 2 shots and B) plays more than 10 minutes.

You mean the 33.2% overall FG percentage where once since 1/1/13 he has been above 50% (1 for 1 against Louisville in January). Cooney has not been a good shooter this year and that is the main skill his is supposed to bring to the team. Go look at his game log and by your criteria he has had 6 of those games in Big East play and only once has he shot above 40%. Considering that he is a red shirt freshmen its a major disappointment

JB sees Cooney play every day in practice. He is well aware of his abilities.

Yea, when he is playing at his best, Cooney is probably no worse than Brandon has been lately. But it's not about beating Louisville, or getting a player ready for next year. If we hope to make a deep run in the NCAAs, we need BT to regain his form. It's that simple. Triche has helped bring us to where we are this season. He deserves a chance to play his way out of this funk.

JB sees Cooney play every day in practice. He is well aware of his abilities.

Yea, when he is playing at his best, Cooney is probably no worse than Brandon has been lately. But it's not about beating Louisville, or getting a player ready for next year. If we hope to make a deep run in the NCAAs, we need BT to regain his form. It's that simple. Triche has helped bring us to where we are this season. He deserves a chance to play his way out of this funk.

I guess my response to that would be why does Triche need 38 minutes to play his way out of the funk? 34 minutes isn't enough?

The main problem right now is Boeheim's reluctance to play, and trust, Cooney. Imagine McNamara's growth being stunted because he had to sit behind a legacy recruit.

Realistically though, GMac was as good in his first game in orange as Brandon is as a senior. Go look up that Memphis game, first one of the 02-03 season. Gerry showed he was a player from the first minute, as did Carmelo.

We'll just have to trust the HOF coach and assistant coaches who see him every day in practice.

That's the way it works.
Well those coaches have lost 3 straight so they are doing something wrong. Is that correct townie?

You mean the 33.2% overall FG percentage where once since 1/1/13 he has been above 50% (1 for 1 against Louisville in January). Cooney has not been a good shooter this year and that is the main skill his is supposed to bring to the team. Go look at his game log and by your criteria he has had 6 of those games in Big East play and only once has he shot above 40%. Considering that he is a red shirt freshmen its a major disappointment

33% shooting from our 2 guard would've won us the game today. Suppose I'd like to see if, being a shooter, he could shoot himself into a rhythm since he normally misses his first and had a few games where he hit shots in bunches. I'd like to see a bit more of him to be dissappointed in at this point

JB talking like were 5 games into the season. He is all over Brandon and the Centers.

He needs to be just as hard on himself. Dude is a great coach but this is not one of his better teams and/or years.

Look up McNamara's freshman stats. He had numerous games where he was awful shooting. He also had numerous games where he was great shooting. Cooney never gets playing time so we'll never know just how good or bad he is.

Cooney has taken something like 83 3pt attempts - airballing about 15 of them - we do know how bad he is.

However, other parts of his game are better than I expected.

Cooney is a liability on offense, but then so is half the team. His defense has proven more than adequate all season. I see no legitimate reason not to give him more of a chance.
He is capable of shooting better than 18%, even on a bad day.

33% shooting from our 2 guard would've won us the game today. Suppose I'd like to see if, being a shooter, he could shoot himself into a rhythm since he normally misses his first and had a few games where he hit shots in bunches. I'd like to see a bit more of him to be dissappointed in at this point
33 % from our team in the first half would have won us the game too.

Well those coaches have lost 3 straight so they are doing something wrong. Is that correct townie?

Coaches could be doing everything they can do correctly.

I don't think they instructed BT to throw the ball twice to the opposition on in-bounds plays.

Coaches could be doing everything they can do correctly.

I don't think they instructed BT to throw the ball twice to the opposition on in-bounds plays.
Even though one of those was MCW not really going hard to the ball and then not having the strength to hold on to it when he did get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom