This will be cool | Syracusefan.com

This will be cool

I’ve thought this forever. I’ve also said how you should show away games at Club44 or the Dome itself.

Curious how this will work

images

Anyone figure out which local theater(s) is doing this?

Cant see how this would be fun without a large contingency of friends (cheering on the same team) and decently priced quality food and drink.

In this day and age of home theaters and sports bars I don't see this working

surprised they not playing more "in da club" (reference to interview with Matthew Stafford wife interview/podcast).

Cant see how this would be fun without a large contingency of friends (cheering on the same team) and decently priced quality food and drink.

Ya this is about 25-30 years to late. Can't imagine there will be much if any demand for this to be honest. Home theaters and sports bars seem like way better options.

Ya this is about 25-30 years to late. Can't imagine there will be much if any demand for this to be honest. Home theaters and sports bars seem like way better options.

To play devils advocate to my own skepticism the other side of this is if it's more affordable. Such as the live event costs you X... you can access the replay of the game while also not needing any type of subscription... no idea how they do it but still curious on details.

I think it would be best they ditched the normal TV feed and created a live game experience. Make use of the giant screen and have a camera angle as if you were watching from the best seat in the stadium. Get to watch those post patterns develop. The excitement of seeing the wide open guy and the ball getting to him, etc. Make use of the great sound systems the theatres have and ditch the play by play, mic up the players, rowdy fans and the band, that would get your blood flowing and into it! During commercial time you could show the closeup replays and maybe add some commentary if needed.

This sounds more appealing to me than a sports bar, bigger screen with more comfortable seating, but my home theater would still be my first choice.

The entire theater industry is dying an ugly slow death. They are desperate to try anything, but at the end of the day, their whole business is really just a projector, a screen, and an excuse to sell expensive popcorn.

I just think logistically it's awkward. i want to watch a game and be loud. have beer. jump up and down and have ready access to football food and, increasingly often, a bathroom.

I don't want a place where I have to be relatively quiet (there are theaters next door), have only popcorn and sour patch kids and coke zero, and likely have to slide down a long aisle repeatedly to get to a bathroom.

Agree Dine-In theaters that have booze, an understanding that walking and standing is allowed, and really good soundproofing could work in theory. But i still don't imagine it necessarily being a hit.

That being said if a local theater (I mean very local) is doing this, its possible I could check it out one time

In the mid 80s, I went to the University with a proposal to air the SU vs GTown basketball game on the screen in the dome. They declined. Though they did finally show the national semifinal and championship game in 2003.

The movie theater airings are cool, but I worry that fans will turn surly if the game doesn’t go well. In a bar, patrons can just turn away from the game, or walk out. Much more difficult to do in a theater.

Still, great that they’re trying things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom