Class of 2015 - Thomas Bryant - Bishop Kearney HS | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Thomas Bryant - Bishop Kearney HS

Bryant with a one man trap as he almost forces a turnover. I sometimes feel like he can do anything. A jumper from anywhere on the floor and he's the second coming of Mr. John Wallace.

Whoa!
Speaking of which, some sort of up and under dipsy doodle that I thought was a guard. No, it's Bryant with a crazy circus shot layup.
Real.
Deal.

Bryant, vicious swat off the backboard, also now has a steal. Fights to keep loose ball alive, gets it back, fouled.
Yep. That's just about everything.
I now sound like Rothstein, but if you were watching this game, you'd understand.
Rothstein for president. ;)

Bryant now with 10 points, 5 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal as USA is up 73-44 at the end of the 3rd.
About that Wallace comparison, not completely parallel as I feel TB is more of a 4 while Wallace was a 3 all the while.

Ooh, Seventh Woods misses open court layup early in 4th. Meanwhile, PR with two straight threes to cut lead to 23.
Still, not enough time to mount a serious comeback.

Stone now with 19 and 8, Bryant tough get for loose ball, fouled, but not shooting.
Diamond Stone having his best game thus far.

Bryant staying active still. Fouled twice more, this time to the line. Hits one of two, 11 points now. He's tough to deal with down low. 6 of his 7 rebounds are offensive.

He checked out with 3 minutes left.
Probably ends up with 11 points, 7 rebounds, 1 block and 1 steal in 15 minutes of play.

Stone now with 19 and 8, Bryant tough get for loose ball, fouled, but not shooting.
Diamond Stone having his best game thus far.

Bryant staying active still. Fouled twice more, this time to the line. Hits one of two, 11 points now. He's tough to deal with down low. 6 of his 7 rebounds are offensive.

He checked out with 3 minutes left.
Probably ends up with 11 points, 7 rebounds, 1 block and 1 steal in 15 minutes of play.
who's the dbag coach?

This was a game for the bigs. Aside from TB:
Stone - 19 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks
Rabb - 19 points, 14 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks

What are they, twins?
:p

who's the dbag coach?
Ours? Don Showalter.
Nah, he's good. As great as Bryant is, Rabb and Stone are incredible talents.
The three of them are almost interchangeable at this point.

If I were to compare the three of these guys:
Rabb - athleticism, shot blocking - 3 or 4 in NBA
Bryant - knows how to get to the line, shot blocking - 4 in NBA but if he develops outside shot, can be a 3
Stone - great post presence - 4 or 5 in NBA

What's scary is any of these three have the skills mentioned above, maybe with the exception that Stone is a straight up 5 right now.

If I were to compare the three of these guys:
Rabb - athleticism, shot blocking - 3 or 4 in NBA
Bryant - knows how to get to the line, shot blocking - 4 in NBA but if he develops outside shot, can be a 3
Stone - great post presence - 4 or 5 in NBA

What's scary is any of these three have the skills mentioned above, maybe with the exception that Stone is a straight up 5 right now.

Tee, who's got the inside line on Rabb and Stone w/ respect to recruiting?

Ours? Don Showalter.
Nah, he's good. As great as Bryant is, Rabb and Stone are incredible talents.
The three of them are almost interchangeable at this point.
We're winning by an average of 50... If he's coming to Syracuse he's not playing enough. If he is going to UNC... he's playing to much.

Tee, who's got the inside line on Rabb and Stone w/ respect to recruiting?
Rabb - just guessing really from http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/143454/ivan-rabb
Zona, Cal, , Kansas, UNC, NC State. Duke also in the mix. Arizona/Cal/Duke supposed to be favorites right now.
Francis, any word on him? He's going to be a stud.
Stone - just about everyone in the mix but so very early
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/145063/diamond-stone
Marquette and Wiscy seem to be early favorites. But, Wiscy? Doesn't even feel right. ;)
Old article.
http://247sports.com/Article/Diamond-Stone-favoring-Marquette-and-Wisconsin-94804

Rabb - just guessing really from http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/143454/ivan-rabb
Zona, Cal, , Kansas, UNC, NC State. Duke also in the mix. Arizona/Cal/Duke supposed to be favorites right now.
Francis, any word on him? He's going to be a stud.
Stone - just about everyone in the mix but so very early
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/145063/diamond-stone
Marquette and Wiscy seem to be early favorites. But, Wiscy? Doesn't even feel right. ;)
Old article.
http://247sports.com/Article/Diamond-Stone-favoring-Marquette-and-Wisconsin-94804
Rabb will most likely stay out West. Zona is the early buzz and all of the Cali schools will fight hard to keep him in-state. Stone as you mentioned is pretty much all over the place. If he does stay in-state then it'll definitely be more likely Marquette than Wiscy.

Rabb will most likely stay out West. Zona is the early buzz and all of the Cali schools will fight hard to keep him in-state. Stone as you mentioned is pretty much all over the place. If he does stay in-state then it'll definitely be more likely Marquette than Wiscy.

You'd have to imagine that as his horizon broadens over the next year and he gets an offer or two from some of the big time programs that penchant for mentioning the home state schools will diminish somewhat if not altogether. Time will tell but is sounds like he is a great prospect for any school to pick up.

You'd have to imagine that as his horizon broadens over the next year and he gets an offer or two from some of the big time programs that penchant for mentioning the home state schools will diminish somewhat if not altogether. Time will tell but is sounds like he is a great prospect for any school to pick up.
No doubt. Stone will definitely have plenty of options to choose from anywhere in the country. Kevon Looney in the 2014 class is a top 10 player from that state and I don't think either in-state school is much of a factor in his recruitment currently. Could be the same case with Stone by next year.

Checking the last qtr of Canada vs Argentina. Canada was down by 12 but have cut it down to 3, 45-42 with about 8 minutes. Jamal Murrray is the only one playing well for Canada with 18pts. Looks very aggressive off the bounce and can get any shot he wants.

Murrray knocks down another 3, this kid is big time. Canada leads 53-52 under 5 minutes to go.

Tied at 54 in the final minute. Unfortunately for Canada nobody else besides Murrray is playing well.

Finally somebody else besides Murrray scores and Canada leads 56-54 with 23 secs left

Argentina ties the game with 9 secs left Canada ball. Argentina made sure Murrray wasn't going to beat them and they got a bad shot off. Now on to OT. The USA team is in the crowd scouting the action. Personally I think they'll blowout whoever wins this game. Canada doesn't have the size to hang in 4qtrs with them.

You now have broken 2K posts, 3K tees barrier in one night.
That's 5K no matter how you put it.

Straight cash money.
new-jack-city-cash-money-brothers.png

Canada misses a close shot and trail 65-64 with 20 secs left. Argentina missed both FT's but once again wouldn't let Murrray beat them and they ended up getting off a bad shot and end up losing. Argentina has earned the right to get smoke by the US tomorrow:).

Even though he seemed tired and didn't do much in OT, I liked what I saw from Murrray and it's too bad that we won't get to see him against the US high quality guards.

http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/18/08/14/62/668F6mMrtEhqA/
His stat line was 27pts(11 in the 4th qtr), 6rbs, 2ast, 4-8 3pt.

Canada misses a close shot and trail 65-64 with 20 secs left. Argentina missed both FT's but once again wouldn't let Murrray beat them and they ended up getting off a bad shot and end up losing. Argentina has earned the right to get smoke by the US tomorrow:).

Even though he seemed tired and didn't do much in OT, I liked what I saw from Murrray and it's too bad that we won't get to see him against the US high quality guards.

http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/18/08/14/62/668F6mMrtEhqA/
His stat line was 27pts(11 in the 4th qtr), 6rbs, 2ast, 4-8 3pt.
Thanks for the updates, man. M u r r a y is not to be trifled with.
Meanwhile, Argentina?
Didn't we just slap these suckers silly?
I hoped they learned something from last time.
Maybe that we're too big.
:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom