Class of 2015 - Thomas Bryant - Bishop Kearney HS | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Thomas Bryant - Bishop Kearney HS

Nah, she told me shes cool with it. She said it was ok.
clearly you've never met a woman. No woman has ever said, "that's ok" and it was actually ok. a for instance:

me: "hey honey, I just finished my 5 hour round of golf and am probably going to eat dinner and have a few beers, sound good"

her: "I've been home all day with your son who is teething, but ok."

NOT OKKKKKK

this didn't actually happen, because i'm a genius and know better.

clearly you've never met a woman. No woman has ever said, "that's ok" and it was actually ok. a for instance:

me: "hey honey, I just finished my 5 hour round of golf and am probably going to eat dinner and have a few beers, sound good"

her: "I've been home all day with your son who is teething, but ok."

NOT OKKKKKK

this didn't actually happen, because i'm a genius and know better.
So basically, you told her that you sprained your knee and thus the round took longer to finish... "Honey, sprained the knee today and thus we were slowed in completing the round. I realize 7 hours is quite a long time for a round, but I just had to finish. What would our kids think if daddy just packed up his clubs because of a sprain and called it a day?!?! Any chance we have any pain meds? May need that and a beer when I get home."

So basically, you told her that you sprained your knee and thus the round took longer to finish... "Honey, sprained the knee today and thus we were slowed in completing the round. I realize 7 hours is quite a long time for a round, but I just had to finish. What would our kids think if daddy just packed up his clubs because of a sprain and called it a day?!?! Any chance we have any pain meds? May need that and a beer when I get home."
Oh, I'very definitely done stuff like that before. Half truths keep the marriage running smooth.

Dang, started early. Missed a bit but USA up by 19. Bryant with 5 points early all from free throws. 5/6, nice that he's getting to the line, 0-1 fgs, 2 rebounds, 1 assist all in 4 minutes play.

Bryant out on the wing to contest a shot, tips a defensive rebound to himself, very active and playing big. At the half, Bryant with 6 points on 75% FTs, 3 rebounds, 1 assist in 7 minutes.

Team USA up big, 55-33 at the half. Cruise control even though Argentina kept the 2nd quarter respectable. US, shooting the lights out, even 5-10 from beyond the arc. Malik Newman leading the way with 14 points.

Btw, for those watching, you can see when Bryant gets it done before stream as box score is slightly ahead. At least it's been this way for the first two games.

This was one of those times. :) Easy lay in off nice feed from his teammate. Bryant with his first FG. Looks like he had two blocks in a short period of time, hope to see as stream catches up.

He is now leading all players in the tournament with at least 8 blocks and an average of at least 4 per, to this point.

Short arms a jumper, ill advised.
Looks like on one block, he stalked his man down the court, playing from behind, got a tiny piece and hits the offensive player out of bounds to USA. He got pumped after that nice hustle play.

Again, another block where the defender tries to go into his body and he gets enough to deflect the ball. Not really a swat, but great heads-up not allowing the shot off.

Btw, for those watching, you can see when Bryant gets it done before stream as box score is slightly ahead. At least it's been this way for the first two games.

This was one of those times. :) Easy lay in off nice feed from his teammate. Bryant with his first FG. Looks like he had two blocks in a short period of time, hope to see as stream catches up.

He is now leading all players in the tournament with at least 8 blocks and an average of at least 4 per, to this point.

Short arms a jumper, ill advised.
Looks like on one block, he stalked his man down the court, playing from behind, got a tiny piece and hits the offensive player out of bounds to USA. He got pumped after that nice hustle play.

Again, another block where the defender tries to go into his body and he gets enough to deflect the ball. Not really a swat, but great heads-up not allowing the shot off.
Any other players that have caught your attention Tee?

Pretty focused on Bryant now, but Malik Newman seems to be getting it done. He's putting up a lot of shots, but scoring in bunches. Also, Diamond Stone is another big man that looks good, but it seems that Bryant is more active, goes after the ball with more purpose than Stone.

ARG outscores USA in the 3rd, but we still have a 17 point lead going into the last frame.
Thomas has 9 points, 5 rebounds, 3 blocks and 1 assist right now. He's gone to the line 10 times, impressive.

Also Francis, Rabb has his moments as another big, just blocked a shot, led the way on the break and great dish for a big man to a point guard (#9 Jackson) who threw down something fierce. Rabb has shown some prowess as another big man.

Bryant again runs out on a shooter, blocks one to lead a break, as I type I hear a roar and he looks to have power dunked, as I see him screaming out while the rim is still rocking. :)

He cleans up another miss.
Has 13 points, 6 rebounds, 4 blocks, 1 assist in 16 minutes.
3-5 fg, 7-10 ft

His stat line ends this way as he didn't play much in the last 4 minutes.
USA wins 96-72 and pretty much dominated this one with their size and strength. Not enough firepower down low for Argentina, and certainly no one to defend Bryant, Stone, Rabb, Giles or Giddens. Too many big men.

Another notable we have been mentioning. Seventh Woods, 9 points, 2 assists, 1 rebound not much doing, but shot efficiently. Haven't been looking for him, but will try next time.

Bryant again runs out on a shooter, blocks one to lead a break, as I type I hear a roar and he looks to have power dunked, as I see him screaming out while the rim is still rocking. :)

He cleans up another miss.
Has 13 points, 6 rebounds, 4 blocks, 1 assist in 16 minutes.
3-5 fg, 7-10 ft
Starting midnight heading into Saturday, coaches will have unlimited contact with the 2015 recruits. I bet I know who the staff will be busy calling n texting with;).

;)
Unless, I have to leave, will try to provide updates.
My guessing is that no one in our group will offer comps. Looks like out of the other group, Canada and possibly PR could give us trouble, but not expecting that either.

I will leave the updating to you since you are so splendid at it.

Early impressions: Newman and Woods make a fun backcourt. Literally looks like two Jonny Flynns with size going up and down the court. Diamond Stone, nice drop step in the lane, towers over defense, easy dunk.
Woods with a nice steal that not only prevented continuation of break, but got them possession.
Newman with a steal, then loses his dribble out of control, gives it right back. In my best Seinfeld voice, "Newman"!

Joshua Jackson with INSANE block as he swats an alley oop / layup attempt. How did he get to that and react so quickly?

Bryant checks in with 4:30 left in the first. Great hustle and length to pull down tough offensive rebound, gets fouled and hits 1 of 2. Chalk up another block for FIBA U16 leader in Bryant.
Altered another to make it an airball!
Going into this game, he was the leader with 4.5 blocks per game.

I missed a few more as he has 3 blocks now, 1 point, 1 rebound in 2 minutes.
He doesn't start, they're rolling and to be honest, Diamond Stone is making his presence felt as well, and all of the big man are just having their way. USA up by 15 as 2nd quarter is under way.

Boy, Seventh Woods is all over the court right now, deflecting passes to pick up steals, 2 points, 2 steals and 3 assists. The last one was a great dish to draw in the defense and make them commit on the break, easy pass to his boy for an even easier deuce.

Francis, the kid's the real deal. Too bad he's from the Carolinas, but never give up.
Team USA, just stymieing Bahamas with ball pressure now, after everything.

Nice feed into #8 King who misses but is fouled. He has shown some promise as well. I want to say he's a G/F hybrid as he seems like he's tall but moves like a guard.

Boys and girls, Newman is heating up! Splashes a three, he's 5 for 5 FGs right now, 12 points and unconscious. Oopsy, as I blinked, he hit another shot. Check that. :) 14 points on 6/6.
He finally missed his seventh, no pun intended this time.

These games always seem to start earlier than the times listed lol.
Absolutely. I'm guessing it's time zone of game's venues but who knows!

Mr. Bryant checks in with about 2:45 left in half, with an alley oop two-handed dunk.
4 points as he looks like he picked up another FT, 3 blocks, 1 rebound in a hair under 5 minutes played.
He was pressuring the inbounder very well when they put the press on. Really gives it his all every play.

USA up by 31 at the half. Shooting a little over 50% and Bahamas energy or what little they had, has been drained to nil.
Look for USA to put the clamp on next quarter and Bryant's minutes to go up.

Hey fellas, looks like vid went dark or will come back up. Can someone fill in details?
Literally have to scan 14 pages now to pdf to get new health insurance rockin.
Be back online later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom