Class of 2015 - Thomas Bryant - Bishop Kearney HS | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Thomas Bryant - Bishop Kearney HS

Appreciate the recaps Tee.
All good, my friend.
Although I missed the second half, here's some stats:
http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/18/08/12/09/61zj1zrGxTXXc/

Bryant - 6 points in 9 minutes, 4 rebounds, 3 blocks, 1 steal, 1 assist. Come on coach, put me in!
He was the FIBA U16 leading shot blocker, so why not let the kid make other teams nightmares come true? ;)

Seventh had, you guessed it: Seven assists. Did this guy get his name from a Seinfeld episode? To be determined.
Newman went to town, 26 points. I see a little J New in this guy, Knick fans? Anyone? Ha.
Oh by the way, as opposed to last game, kid was 11/13, 3/5 from deep. Nasty.

Tatum, 14 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 steals, 1 block. Mr. Do It All
Rabb had 10 points, 7 rebounds, 6 blocks
Stone and Giddens with 14 points

USA 121, Bahamas 52 - Stick to track and field, fellas. But no disrespect, as they are really great in that department, probably better than us!

Telep on "Beast" Bryant:

7. “Beast” tops the list of best motors
When it comes to playing hard and with a purpose, No. 14 prospect Thomas Bryant (Rochester, N.Y./Bishop Kearney) stands out. The player nicknamed “Beast” is that guy you think eats his steaks extra rare and likes to run through you, not around you. Bryant is a unique kid who trucks along with a high motor. Elijah Thomas is another. Since he trimmed up his body, his motor has been revving high. Thomas is a good example for young players of what can happen and how your game can explode if you take conditioning seriously. Truth be told, making the motor list is easy and it’s up to the player. These two are setting the tone for their class.

Jerry Meyer@jerrymeyer247
21m

#CrystalBall. Close, recruiting hard, sports broadcasting. RT @DaCuse83: So you got a good feeling Thomas Bryant commits to Syracuse?
Here we go again. TB make it happen.
All ova ya face.jpg

Semi's action tonight for Team USA against Puerto Rico scheduled for 7pm, but with the way how things have started early out there I guess around 6/6:30 will be the actually start time:). Tee, 4eva yall got this?

http://www.fibaamericas.com/en/default.asp
Not sure. Packing for beach trip to my bros out in Long Beach, NY and Father's Day weekend.
Probably starts an hour earlier, I'm guessing. :D
Will try if I can pack a little soon.

Anyone seeing Bahamas-Mexico as well?
Even though it normally starts up 1 hour early, not seeing USA.
Edit: Oh, here we go, just heard: Estados Unidos in a background window.
We're up and running!

USA down 9-6 in early play. They were down 5-0 and this is the first time another team has matched their intensity. Still, they will settle. Pushing the tempo now, they take a 10-9 lead. Our boy is on the bench, and he's hungry. Wants some PR.

Seventh Woods with two assists, Newman is scoring as we'd expect.

PR, throwing up a lot of perimeter shots. They are not going to last on chucks and lucky bounce rebounds. That said, they are doing a decent job so far to not give up easy shots down low that team USA is accustomed to getting.

Newman at 22 and Stone at 15 per are your tournament scoring leaders. Woods is second in assists with 4.7 per. Beast is tourney leader with 4 blocks per game in very limited play.

Tight game still, with PR leading by 1. Vincent King hits 1 of 2 to tie it, less than 1 1/2 minutes in the 1st. A lot of misses on both ends and a lot of offensive rebounds, some sloppy play. USA takes a 4 point lead, hustling out the last minute of the 1st quarter. Phew. PR was chucking but pulled out 7 offensive rebounds against a taller, stronger team. Shouldn't have happened.

Easy putback off Woods' miss by Rabb. That's what we need to do, use our size down low! Post up boys. On cue, Rabb again with another loose ball putback followed by a steal and open court dunk by one of the guards. Coming on now. Rabb, blocked, gets it again, follows up. He's determined right now, 12 point lead or so.

Things getting chippy in international play, some contact initiated by Diamond Stone and Ferguson didn't take well to loose ball contact on the floor. Our boys are serious right now, refs talking the mayhem over. Our defensive intensity is on right now, forcing turnovers, PR can't handle the pressure. Up by 16.

Thanks for the updates as usual Tee, much appreciated. Enjoy your trip this weekend as well.

Wow, Bryant back in, defensive rebound, forces a turnover, gets rewarded in post, misses but rebounds and fouled. Gets very tough with the fouler. Missed two chippies in there, but active, asserting his physical presence.
Now, he gets it again down low, and one! Too strong, kids. Too strong. Converts FT.

Another offensive rebound by Bryant. Gets to the line again, hits both. 4 rebounds, 3 offensive. 5 points total. USA up by over 20 closing out the 2nd.

Pretty runner by PR guard. Bryant plays the high low with Diamond. Feeds Stone, fouled and pushes the PR guy away after foul. He's getting a little too unsportsmanlike...for my...liking. :)

Stone misses way too high oop pass, but Beast gets his hands on it, two handed throw down. Then on the other end, Bryant fouls outside shooter who hits three and one. 24 seconds left in half....Giddens fouled, goes to the line. Hits one, USA ends the half up 22 after getting the ball back and last second putback.

USA, a little rough on the Puerto Rican kids right now. It was physical, but not dirty in my opinion. They look to have overreacted to what was no more than tough, gritty play by PR.

Thomas Bryant with 7 points, 5 rebounds, 4 of which were on the offensive end in 7 minutes play. Par for the course right now. He is active, makes the most of his minutes. This time, it was more on the offensive side of the ball.

Stone misses way too high oop pass, but Beast gets his hands on it, two handed throw down. Then on the other end, Bryant fouls outside shooter who hits three and one. 24 seconds left in half....Giddens fouled, goes to the line. Hits one, USA ends the half up 22 after getting the ball back and last second putback.

USA, a little rough on the Puerto Rican kids right now. It was physical, but not dirty in my opinion. They look to have overreacted to what was no more than tough, gritty play by PR.

Thomas Bryant with 7 points, 5 rebounds, 4 of which were on the offensive end in 7 minutes play. Par for the course right now. He is active, makes the most of his minutes. This time, it was more on the offensive side of the ball.
Game became a beatdown quickly huh?

Game became a beatdown quickly huh?
Yup, PR stayed with them the first quarter, but they ran out of steam. I like USA coach. Settles them when they're taking stupid shots. Must be reminding them to move the ball and eventually get the ball into the post up players. And once they start to clamp down on defense, they are tough. Still, USA 0 for 12 from three point line. They are lucky they have guys that track down loose balls and long rebounds. PR cooled off too, but I would attribute this to defense.

Beautiful high low, Stone from Rabb as Diamond throws down the thunder. He has 2 quick buckets early 3rd quarter play. Way too strong for anyone on PR to cover him.

Francis, Rabb has also been impressive this tournament. More on his individual game numbers after it ends. Doing a little of everything right now.

Again, Rabb working it into Stone who knows how to seal off his man. Fouled and almost converted dunk. For now, Rabb with 17 points, 12 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks, 2 steals. Don't mess with my toot toot! LOL.

Diamond now eating em up as he tips in a Rabb turnaround miss.
Beast checks in. Three headed monster along with a few other bigs that these smaller teams cannot contain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom