Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

Jerry Meyer ‏@jerrymeyer247 2m2 minutes ago
Hearing Syracuse from multiple sources. Lure of home. RT @TheJohnSmoltz: think any serious contention for Hoosiers & Thomas Bryant?
multiple sources.jpg

OK, I'm ready for this to be official. Then we can move on to the next UberCuse recruit to utter the wonderful phrase, "I'll be taking my talents to Syracuse University"!!!! kidmamba23... you're on deck!;)

OK, I'm ready for this to be official. Then we can move on to the next UberCuse recruit to utter the wonderful phrase, "I'll be taking my talents to Syracuse University"!!!! kidmamba23... you're on deck!;)

Unfortunately, for it to be official we need someone with remaining eligibility to leave, or commit to leaving. You probably don't want that to happen before the season is over.

My source, Jim Boeheim, said at least a month ago Bryant was coming.

My source, Jim Boeheim, said at least a month ago Bryant was coming.

Are you alluding to the newspaper article where he referenced that they expected to land another top player [without naming Bryant], or referring to something else he said?

Because if the latter, that's news [good] to me.

I see three possible scenarios in order of likelihood - 1) McCullough leaves after this year. The coaching staff has thrown out some pretty high praise 2) Patterson leaves. I think he could help us but don't see where he gets minutes this year or years after that really. 3) Coleman can't recover physically. I think this is unlikely and I would guess Cuse would still honor his scholarship through graduation. Any that I'm missing?

I see three possible scenarios in order of likelihood - 1) McCullough leaves after this year. The coaching staff has thrown out some pretty high praise 2) Patterson leaves. I think he could help us but don't see where he gets minutes this year or years after that really. 3) Coleman can't recover physically. I think this is unlikely and I would guess Cuse would still honor his scholarship through graduation. Any that I'm missing?

Given what happened with both Ennis and Grant this year, I guess you also have to give an outside shot to Roberson or Joseph leaving early. Not very likely in my opinion, but anyone that gets big minutes and hasn't had a lot of exposure previously is a possibility.

I said scenario 2 a long time ago and to me is the most logical transfer candidate if someone else doesn't leave via the draft. Back in the late 80's early 90's when recruiting was at its best we always seemed to have 1 or 2 guys a year transfer. If Buss doesn't get no run this year I can't see him sitting the bench for his 4 years especially with the guards coming in 15 and 16. No matter what happens the staff will find a ship for Bryant

If I were Patterson I would have been working very hard to present myself as a point guard over the past year - working on my handle and looking to distribute in practice. He may have been able to find some minutes that way.

Are you alluding to the newspaper article where he referenced that they expected to land another top player [without naming Bryant], or referring to something else he said?

Because if the latter, that's news [good] to me.
former

University of Syracuse...

Robertson and McCollough will leave. IDK about Coleman.

I would prob agree on Chris McCullough, disagree on Tyler Roberson.

I think Roberson makes a big leap, but not a big of a leap to leave early for the NBA this year.

Most unlikely anyone leaves early but McCullough. In the history of the SU program we have only had 11 players leave early. All but two of them were 5 Star recruits. The two aberrations were Wes Johnson and Jerami Grant. Grant was underrated at 4 Stars and Wes Johnson was an absurd 3 Star recruit when he went to Iowa State. Also, Johnson left as a Junior and Grant as a Soph. and both were worthy of the move.

If the probe results in us losing a scholarship I would be looking at the result as well..Bye bye TB

And why would they do that? what that happened with the UNC probe?

And why would they do that? what that happened with the UNC probe?
OK. The NCAA "concluded their investigation of UNC in 2011-2012 because, literally, they had no evidence or witnesses to provide support to the allegations. Consequently they could not apply sanctions to the program. It wasn't until McCants came out on ESPN and spoke about the tutors doing his work for him in June 2014. With that the NCAA has reopened the investigation on UNC and, as a result, the verdict and findings are still out. UNC has not yet escaped sanctions as a result of the investigation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom