Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

Thomas Bryant's mother says Syracuse basketball recruit's realistic list is down to two schools (PS: Carlson)

Syracuse, N.Y. — Thomas Bryant is the biggest priority left on the Syracuse basketball recruiting board, a powerful post prospect who would arrive just as the Orange need him.

Bryant's mother, Linda, said on Monday night that Syracuse should feel pretty good about its prospects with the Class of 2015 center.

Linda said that Bryant's realistic list of potential teams has been trimmed to two, and Bryant's unofficial visit to Kentucky over the weekend was nothing more than a good time with two high school teammates.

"Really it's down to two," Linda Bryant said. "Syracuse and Indiana. And it might be down to one soon. Thomas has always told me that Syracuse was the leader."

There is no greater recruiting advantage than having a player's determined mother already having her mind made up about where she wants her son to go.

Put a fork in it--this one is going our way.

"Really it's down to two," Linda Bryant said. "Syracuse and Indiana. And it might be down to one soon. I have always told Thomas that Syracuse was the leader."

I fixed this, seemed the original quote wasn't 100% accurate.

"But I don't think that's the right place for my son. He's a young man who is still learning the game. He needs to be focused on that, not worrying which platoon he is on."

Mrs. Bryant is hilarious.

:rolling: Did she have anything about Cal?

Wow, that is a strong position for a parent. I think we know where Mrs. Bryant stands. Stay and play at a great university or go to a basketball factory and play 20 minutes a game.

We get Bryant and lose McC, and we get Coleman back. can Bryan play PF?

Jimmy B spoke of it in his book and it looks as nothing has changed since then. He alluded to concluding a recruiting trip in Rochester and commented on how important it was to have mom on board. What a class this will be. To me the only thing missing is an elite point guard, hoping Howard can be that guy but if not I hope Tyus Battle is that guy in 2016.

I don't think I'm overstating it when I suggest that Bryant might be the most important recruit in this class. Set aside the fact that he's a top 20 player in our back yard [practically]--we're losing a four year starter inside, and likely our starting PF as well. And we don't know when--or if--Coleman will come back, let alone how effective he might be when / if he does get back on the court.

Bryant steps in and starts at center from day 1. Huge recruit for us.

Thomas Bryant's mother says Syracuse basketball recruit's realistic list is down to two schools (PS: Carlson)

Syracuse, N.Y. — Thomas Bryant is the biggest priority left on the Syracuse basketball recruiting board, a powerful post prospect who would arrive just as the Orange need him.

Bryant's mother, Linda, said on Monday night that Syracuse should feel pretty good about its prospects with the Class of 2015 center.

Linda said that Bryant's realistic list of potential teams has been trimmed to two, and Bryant's unofficial visit to Kentucky over the weekend was nothing more than a good time with two high school teammates.

"Really it's down to two," Linda Bryant said. "Syracuse and Indiana. And it might be down to one soon. Thomas has always told me that Syracuse was the leader."
Boeheim needs to contact him - What? And the bigger What is that JB is now texting (or has a texting assistant).

It never occurred to me until reading that article, but - while McCullough leaving seems the likeliest option to free up a scholarship - DaJuan Coleman's health causing him to hang up his sneakers would probably be the next most likely circumstance. It would be horrible for DaJuan, but I can definitely see that happening. At some point you have to wonder if he'll start thinking he'll just never be healthy enough to play.

I don't think I'm overstating it when I suggest that Bryant might be the most important recruit in this class. Set aside the fact that he's a top 20 player in our back yard [practically]--we're losing a four year starter inside, and likely our starting PF as well. And we don't know when--or if--Coleman will come back, let alone how effective he might be when / if he does get back on the court.

Bryant steps in and starts at center from day 1. Huge recruit for us.

Also as good as he is he is likely not a 1 and done type of guy. I think Bryant is here for 2 seasons.

It never occurred to me until reading that article, but - while McCullough leaving seems the likeliest option to free up a scholarship - DaJuan Coleman's health causing him to hang up his sneakers would probably be the next most likely circumstance. It would be horrible for DaJuan, but I can definitely see that happening. At some point you have to wonder if he'll start thinking he'll just never be healthy enough to play.

You know its been considered as a worst case scenario but SU would take care of his education just not in an athletic scholarship way.

You know its been considered as a worst case scenario but SU would take care of his education just not in an athletic scholarship way.
Academically, is he still a junior? With guys who are perpetually injured, it gets hard to keep track. If he was on track to graduate this year, it feels like a situation where they'd make him a grad assistant or something, but obviously if he has one year left...it would make things more complicated.

He's going to want to go to UK. His mother wants him at SU. (At least until WWW starts talking $$ with them). We'll see who wins out.
I love the notion of paying players who don't even have an offer. I guess WWW is all like you get a car... you get a car... you get a car for shiits and gigs. It still hasn't been explained to me what he gets out of supposedly paying all these players. I guess when you're butthurt, you don't think your butthurt theories through.

Last edited:
This might be shocking, but Kentucky fans "never wanted him anyway" because "he's only a four star player"

This might be shocking, but Kentucky fans "never wanted him anyway" because "he's only a four star player"
Kentucky fans didn't really know who the kid was because he was never seriously recruited by UK, was never offered, and had no reason to be on fans radar. Nice generalization though.

I love the notion of paying players who don't even have an offer. I guess WWW is all like you get a car... you get a car... you get a car for shiits and gigs. It still hasn't been explained to me what he gets out of supposedly paying all these players. I guess when you're butthurt, you don't think your butthurt theories through.
Just curious, are you a UK fan? I ask because every time UK, Cal, or WWW come up you're always around for the defense. You can't expect BBN to get much love around here, but that doesn't make all of us "butthurt" about them.

What do groupies get out of bl#$ing rock stars?

Nothing is more likely than McCoullough leaving. He gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom