Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

Seeing that article posted did much more than watching the game for me did tonight. It was like an early Christmas present!

It's great to have Mrs Bryant as a huge backer, and I wish the media would report her awesome quote about platoons to hopefully give perspective to other UK recruits and their families. To be like SWC and give "the downside", if she thinks Indiana has stuff going on, I think Mrs. Bryant is wearing Orange colored shades when considering our investigation. That, however, works fine for me.

Seeing that article posted did much more than watching the game for me did tonight. It was like an early Christmas present!

It's great to have Mrs Bryant as a huge backer, and I wish the media would report her awesome quote about platoons to hopefully give perspective to other UK recruits and their families. To be like SWC and give "the downside", if she thinks Indiana has stuff going on, I think Mrs. Bryant is wearing Orange colored shades when considering our investigation. That, however, works fine for me.
Difference is perhaps the SU staff was upfront about our current issues, while Crean and his staff tried to keep things under wraps and act like choir boys.:noidea:

Difference is perhaps the SU staff was upfront about our current issues, while Crean and his staff tried to keep things under wraps and act like choir boys.:noidea:

That was my hope while reading it and pausing for a moment to consider. At times I get really analytical in general, but more so with things I have this much interest in. It seems very plausible, and after reading that article I'm buying much more into the theory that the spring decision is more of a formality now after the Indiana and UK comments. If so, the kid was wise not to burn any bridges(just in case the sholarship fog doesnt clear in a fitting manner), although his mother seems unreserved about doing so!

I have been back and forth so many times in this recruitment - but if you look at it, it's always been Syracuse. That's why there have been so few suitors - most coaches aren't going to waste time trying to win a battle that's already won.

As far as Bryant's mother's comments go - the overwhelming theory is that JB put the words in her mouth. The way social media fan boys and even those who are "professionals" invent these fake feuds is absurd. They just assume Mrs. Bryant can't formulate an opinion - if they read the entire article, they'd see a woman who is very hip to the game and is looking out for her son's best interests.

Also as good as he is he is likely not a 1 and done type of guy. I think Bryant is here for 2 seasons.
I don't know exactly how good he is since I don't keep up with recruiting like a lot of guys on here and basically get my info from this site, but if he's a top 20 talent, big, and athletic, he has all that is necessary to be one and done. The one and done bar is much lower than it used to be. It's all about potential.

I don't know exactly how good he is since I don't keep up with recruiting like a lot of guys on here and basically get my info from this site, but if he's a top 20 talent, big, and athletic, he has all that is necessary to be one and done. The one and done bar is much lower than it used to be. It's all about potential.

He isn't explosive like you see for a lot of these 1 and done big guys. He certainly could be but he looks like the kind of guy who needs to develop a little bit and show the NBA his complete game to be a high draft pick. Could happen in season one for sure as he really has excellent ball skills for someone his size.

He isn't explosive like you see for a lot of these 1 and done big guys. He certainly could be but he looks like the kind of guy who needs to develop a little bit and show the NBA his complete game to be a high draft pick. Could happen in season one for sure as he really has excellent ball skills for someone his size.
Agree. Plus he might be a slow developer if JB doesn't like what he see from him defensively in the zone.

Agree. Plus he might be a slow developer if JB doesn't like what he see from him defensively in the zone.

He reminds me of Mark Bryant from Seton Hall [going WAAAAY back]...

With that said, once he figures things out he'll be a monster for us.
TB facial.jpg

Thomas Bryant aka Get the F outta my way

Kentucky fans didn't really know who the kid was because he was never seriously recruited by UK, was never offered, and had no reason to be on fans radar. Nice generalization though.
If Kentucky fans "didn't really know" Bryant, they are either:
1.) Not very astute recruitniks, or
2.) In denial because they are not getting him.

In the words of R M Nixon, who knew of the subject, they are either knaves or fools.

He may not need to be projected as a high draft pick to decide to leave. Grant was projected between the middle and end of the first round and that was good enough for him to jump. I not suggesting at this point I think he should go. That would be the most premature suggestion in the history of the board. I'm just saying a guy doesn't have to be a projected lottery pick to think it's in his best interest to go anymore. I hate it, but that's the current reality.

@NextCats: Thomas Bryant says he has no leaders in his recruitment, despite some reports. UK definitely in the mix. Working on official visit date.

Who cares frankly. If he doesn't want to go to Syracuse screw him...We can find someone else. I'm tired of his flirtation with this school and that school, he obviously is looking for a reason not to go here against his mother's wishes so go be selfish and go play for Kentucky where your grandmother can't even watch you on TV.

The Nail bitters will come out, FYI, These guys are told not to say leaders regardless (It does not help them)

FYI, He is not on the top of Kentucky targets when it comes to big men in 2015.

Relax, Nail Bitters.

There's an odor about the recruiting process when Pay Pal sits in the wings and suddenly, knowing he's an SU recruit, starts humping TB's leg. No doubt Cal will have a purse and a couple of rappers at "practice". Recruiting sucks when this crap goes on. Hopefully, TB'll do what DC did and say, "thanks but no thanks".

Last edited:
Who cares frankly. If he doesn't want to go to Syracuse screw him...We can find someone else. I'm tired of his flirtation with this school and that school, he obviously is looking for a reason not to go here against his mother's wishes so go be selfish and go play for Kentucky where your grandmother can't even watch you on TV.
No problem with the kid taking his time. We'll drive ourselves crazy if we try to live inside his teenage head. If he commits in the spring that's great for us. If he doesn't then he'll be as popular as Tobias Harris.

I really don't see anything changing. TB is ours if we have the scholarship available. We pretty much offer him immediate playing time (at the C position), close to momma and home. I think the indy and UK offers are back up plans in case we don't have anything freed up or sanctions take away scholarships.

I really don't see anything changing. TB is ours if we have the scholarship available. We pretty much offer him immediate playing time (at the C position), close to momma and home. I think the indy and UK offers are back up plans in case we don't have anything freed up or sanctions take away scholarships.
Very strange that UK would offer AFTER Bryant's mother made her public comments all but saying he isn't going there. Watch to see if Bryant makes an official visit to UK in the coming weeks. If he does look out. Money talks.

Very strange that UK would offer AFTER Bryant's mother made her public comments all but saying he isn't going there. Watch to see if Bryant makes an official visit to UK in the coming weeks. If he does look out. Money talks.

Mom trumps all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom