Timeframe | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Timeframe

I like that Coyle is calling football recruits.

Where did you read that? Not disputing it at all - just curious. I thought I had read most of the articles.

My guess is by Monday we will have a new coach. No inside information but like many here I think this has been in the works for a long time. In addition, with other coaching vacancies starting to fill up I think it will bump up the time line. I don't get the sense that we are starting from scratch. Coyle has taken the recruiting test, he is clearly a step ahead.

I hope so. Maybe it will be a pleasant surprise similar to when the announcement came that Coyle was going to be our new AD. That was a pretty covert announcement, as I don't recall his name being mentioned here as a potential candidate, not even from our typical high rollers. :)

I like that Coyle is calling football recruits.
People here questioned such calls when they were made by Tim Pernetti just a few years ago.

People here questioned such calls when they were made by Tim Pernetti just a few years ago.
Why? Seems like the intelligent thing to do.

Not to read too much into this, but would Coyle be confirming scholarships on his own without at least running names by his first choice? Or, am I overthinking this too much?

Why? Seems like the intelligent thing to do.
People questioned the legality of the calls since the AD is not a member of the staff and the NCAA has rules regarding who may contact a recruit. Of course, Eric White could've contacted the recruits and suggested that they call the AD if they had any questions or concerns. ;)

there are a set number of people who can contact recruits. once the coach is gone that leaves a spot that can be billed by anyone who has taken the test and often it is the AD.. Osborne did it at nebraska a few years ago.

I think in a perfect world, you make an announcement within a couple of days from the BC Game.
Exactly. Allow SS to have his day and (imho) a heartfelt standing O from the fans to bid him farewell. That would be the respectful thing to do, not before Saturday's game. Monday seems likely to me.

Exactly. Allow SS to have his day and (imho) a heartfelt standing O from the fans to bid him farewell. That would be the respectful thing to do, not before Saturday's game. Monday seems likely to me.

Also, because it's likely that whomever we are hiring, won't be done coaching their own regular season until after Saturday as well.
So, it would be bad form all around to announce anytime prior to Sunday. For all parties involved.

So syracuse.com reports that 6 of the 15 commits were contacted by Coyle within 48 hrs of Shafers dismissal. Is it 6 that syracuse.com knows of, or is it that Coyle reached out only to 6?

My thinking is that if Coyle has his man, he did a run through with the new coach regarding our current commits, and that coach liked those 6 and told Coyle to make sure they know they still have an offer. The players mentioned as having been contacted and guaranteed a scholly are no surprise,
Mo Neal
Rex Culpepper
Cam Degeorge
Sam Heckel
Will Harper
Jamal Holoway

If it's just a case of Syracuse.com not being able to contact everyone, then my conspiracy theory is a moot point.

So syracuse.com reports that 6 of the 15 commits were contacted by Coyle within 48 hrs of Shafers dismissal. Is it 6 that syracuse.com knows of, or is it that Coyle reached out only to 6?

My thinking is that if Coyle has his man, he did a run through with the new coach regarding our current commits, and that coach liked those 6 and told Coyle to make sure they know they still have an offer. The players mentioned as having been contacted and guaranteed a scholly are no surprise,
Mo Neal
Rex Culpepper
Cam Degeorge
Sam Heckel
Will Harper
Jamal Holoway

If it's just a case of Syracuse.com not being able to contact everyone, then my conspiracy theory is a moot point.
Might here of more recruits being contacted in a few days. Holiday season and some might not have been reached.

Mo Neal
Rex Culpepper
Cam Degeorge
Sam Heckel
Will Harper
Jamal Holoway

I know that the PS texted all the commits. Whether or not they all answered the text or were all called by the AD is another thing.

frost is available after there last regular season game is friday afternoon

True. But if Frost is the new HC it would be "tacky" to announce it before the BC game.
announce yes but can have a deal and announced monday or tuesday

People questioned the legality of the calls since the AD is not a member of the staff and the NCAA has rules regarding who may contact a recruit. Of course, Eric White could've contacted the recruits and suggested that they call the AD if they had any questions or concerns. ;)

Coyle is now HC of the football program until he finds a replacement. No one else can make decisions. How else are the potential recruits going to be informed of the decision? Coyle himself by phone and not by email or text. I'm am sure, given who works there now, this was cleared by internal compliance.

Based on what we've heard about Syverud and Coyle, it wouldn't shock me if they decided they will honor the verbal commitments no matter who is hired.

Based on what we've heard about Syverud and Coyle, it wouldn't shock me if they decided they will honor the verbal commitments no matter who is hired.

This is easily worked around though. New HC comes in and tells kids, you will NEVER play a down here. Then they leave on their own. See Harbaugh, Jim.

Pernetti hadn't taken the NCAA test...hopefully our guy did.

Why would you think that?

And why would the recruits be committed to play for some unknown coach?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom