Tommy | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tommy

a legit concern about DeVito to me is all he has shown in the past is an ability to throw the deep ball. would like to see a sustained drive. this game is definitively a concern and not what i wanted to see. that being said, its just one game and his first one at that. but i don't recall dungey ever having a game that uninspiring.
You mean the 14 play drive in the first touchdown! I would say that was a sustained drive.

Of course I was i just find it funny you calling out my fandom because I forgot one little detail.
im joking / informing you my man, thisll fit in with the thread RELAXXXXXXXXXX

I’m not worried about TD. He and the WRs just seemed to be out of sync. It’s game one. It will get better.

I do think our short yardage situations are missing Dungey. He was great on the keeper. Or faking to the line and keeping it and bouncing to the outside. I don’t think we will see much of that from TD - and frankly, I hope we don’t. I don’t want to see him get a needless pounding. But we are going to have to be more effective or more creative on short yardage.

I’m not worried about TD. He and the WRs just seemed to be out of sync. It’s game one. It will get better.

I do think our short yardage situations are missing Dungey. He was great on the keeper. Or faking to the line and keeping it and bouncing to the outside. I don’t think we will see much of that from TD - and frankly, I hope we don’t. I don’t want to see him get a needless pounding. But we are going to have to be more effective or more creative on short yardage.
Dungey also seemed to fake a defensive end into jumping offsides once or twice a game. I'm hoping DeVito figures that out too.

Eric had a ton of games just like this one. He got pulled vs UNC because he wasn’t playing well. Tommy hit all his long balls in that game. He was very accurate today on the short/med throws.

i don't think he had a ton this bad. maybe one or two over a four year career but i wouldn't even go that far. just my eyeball test, but that was a bad showing, and v liberty... still expect he will bounce back.

Last edited:
a legit concern about DeVito to me is all he has shown in the past is an ability to throw the deep ball. would like to see a sustained drive. this game is definitively a concern and not what i wanted to see. that being said, its just one game and his first one at that. but i don't recall dungey ever having a game that uninspiring.

He missed a lot of throws tonight, in a lot of different parts of the field.

He has to play much better next week or we're not going to beat Maryland.

Coaches did him nor the running backs any favors, but for good reason. Leave the game with a good enough margin for a W and don't reveal new wrinkles in the offensive playbook. The only real new thing that I can think of seeing was Elmore getting the ball at the goal line

Eric had a ton of games just like this one. He got pulled vs UNC because he wasn’t playing well. Tommy hit all his long balls in that game. He was very accurate today on the short/med throws.

I don't know what game you were watching, but he missed Jackson in 8 out of his first 9 throws in his direction. Jackson maybe dropped 1 or 2 of those, but Tommy was all over the place tonight with his throws for a guy known for his accuracy. He had a poor night. He will get better, but that was not good.

The side arm endzone interception was bad but it happens. Dungey learned from his check down int’s, dino can help tommy with this.
He didn’t play well . but that interception was batted . I won’t know anything else until film
Run Game wasn’t there first half and they dared us to run . At least we are trying to fix things after a win and not a loss D picked it up for us from 2nd are on

He didn’t play well . but that interception was batted . I won’t know anything else until film
Run Game wasn’t there first half and they dared us to run . At least we are trying to fix things after a win and not a loss D picked it up for us from 2nd are on
Tell Tommy to keep his head up sir, he’s got an entire fan base behind him and we all know what he’s capable of. Can’t wait to see him next week LGO

I've got no doubt he's coming out of today a better QB.

Tommy sure he didn’t play well but look at how Dino was coaching him up and being so calm and collected. They truly do have a bond. Also, the team had his back! Guys are allowed to have bad games but this team (mainly D) wouldn’t let a failure come

There is film on Maryland, they got fat and happy and honestly they don't have a lot to go off of from this game other than our defense is legit and if they copy the Liberty Defense we will adjust now.

I am sure the coaches will tell him... but after he got pressured a few times a lot of his throws started coming off his back foot.. probably messing with his accuracy somewhat. I believe in the kid.. he has great arm talent... I am sure he was too amped up for his first start on the road... One more thing, on the short 5 yard pass plays that are not to the sideline... he doesn't need to throw them like a bullet... He is going to play better. I have no doubt...

His timing with the receivers will improve. He’ll settle down and his accuracy and touch will improve.

But I’m already missing dungey’s ability to barrel over defenders and extend drives with his legs. tommy is the kind of qb that needs a clean pocket and dependable running game and I don’t think we have that personnel. Quite concerned.

His timing with the receivers will improve. He’ll settle down and his accuracy and touch will improve.

But I’m already missing dungey’s ability to barrel over defenders and extend drives with his legs. tommy is the kind of qb that needs a clean pocket and dependable running game and I don’t think we have that personnel. Quite concerned.

This is a legit concern. We all knew our OL push and running game(minus the QB) and passing game would have to be better.

Eric created something out of nothing with his legs all the time, and that’s gone.

We’ll see what happens. Gotta get things clicking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom