TV Production/Commercials | Syracusefan.com

TV Production/Commercials

SoBeCuse

Living Legend
It's unfortunate how many commercials we saw tonight. Disgraceful, really. It's never been this bad and only going to get worse. Granted the game wasn't pretty but there was no flow with all of these commercials and having to leave the site of the broadcast to watch all of this commercial b.s.

Record the game, fast forward the commercials and 1/2 time. It's the only way I can watch sports anymore.

It's unfortunate how many commercials we saw tonight. Disgraceful, really. It's never been this bad and only going to get worse. Granted the game wasn't pretty but there was no flow with all of these commercials and having to leave the site of the broadcast to watch all of this commercial b.s.
Watching NCAA games in person, the extended time taken for commercials really stands out and makes watching what should be a joyful experience a painful one.

It is much worse though trying to watch a game live on TV. The continued attempts to insert more and longer commercials for NCAA tourney games really detracts the fan experience and when/if viewership is down this year, this is a big reason why.

You can't keep extending commercial time in an unlimited fashion without paying a heavy price. Viewers will either leave (that happened with me) or record the games and watch them with the commercials fast forwarded.

I wish the NCAA had 1/100th of the integrity of the Masters, where the number and length of commercials are severely limited during live broadcasts. It is a shame it is run by greedy and shortsighted idiots.

CBS is the problem. They need more money than ESPN to pay their overhead. The NCAA should dictate to them and not the other way round. They will then be forced to up the cost of their spots and reduce the number, which is the way it should be.

CBS is the problem. They need more money than ESPN to pay their overhead. The NCAA should dictate to them and not the other way round. They will then be forced to up the cost of their spots and reduce the number, which is the way it should be.

Seriously. The games leading up to this point weren't nearly this bad. I don't remember last year's title game being this bad either. Definitely DVR moving forward as much as possible.

Watching NCAA games in person, the extended time taken for commercials really stands out and makes watching what should be a joyful experience a painful one.

It is much worse though trying to watch a game live on TV. The continued attempts to insert more and longer commercials for NCAA tourney games really detracts the fan experience and when/if viewership is down this year, this is a big reason why.

You can't keep extending commercial time in an unlimited fashion without paying a heavy price. Viewers will either leave (that happened with me) or record the games and watch them with the commercials fast forwarded.

I wish the NCAA had 1/100th of the integrity of the Masters, where the number and length of commercials are severely limited during live broadcasts. It is a shame it is run by greedy and shortsighted idiots.

Before we go praising the Masters committee, wasn't that just a big FU to the lady who wanted to boycott sponsors since the club didn't allow women at the time.

sutomcat said:
Watching NCAA games in person, the extended time taken for commercials really stands out and makes watching what should be a joyful experience a painful one. It is much worse though trying to watch a game live on TV. The continued attempts to insert more and longer commercials for NCAA tourney games really detracts the fan experience and when/if viewership is down this year, this is a big reason why. You can't keep extending commercial time in an unlimited fashion without paying a heavy price. Viewers will either leave (that happened with me) or record the games and watch them with the commercials fast forwarded. I wish the NCAA had 1/100th of the integrity of the Masters, where the number and length of commercials are severely limited during live broadcasts. It is a shame it is run by greedy and shortsighted idiots.

The extended timeouts and 20 minute halftime in buffalo was painful.

Before we go praising the Masters committee, wasn't that just a big FU to the lady who wanted to boycott sponsors since the club didn't allow women at the time.

No, they've had the 54 (or 56) minutes of action for well over a decade. The year of Martha Burke they had ZERO commercials. That was an aberration, but it was awesome.

Masters does 56 minutes of golf an hour

I loved it when they basically told martha burks to go screw herself. God she was such a bitch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom