Tyus Battle returning | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Tyus Battle returning

4 straight bubble years. Losing a top 10 recruit to the G league. Now this. People are going to be negative

good luck

This is why social media is the devil. You have an untrained 20 year old (yourself) managing all of your publicity and “branding.” If this turns out to be a pump fake where he winds up leaving there is no way to dodge responsibility for trolling a fan base and team that supported you 100%.

Can’t play the “just a kid” card once you declare. Your a professional and grown up right that second. A big part of the profession he is choosing is public relations. This is a serious blunder on his part.

Man, I don’t know. “Trolling” kind of implies he did it on purpose, which he obviously didn’t first of all. But I’d say the responsibility is on us as fans to be understanding, not on Tyus. He decided he wanted to come back and was excited to let everyone know! I you’re pretty much getting mad at a kid for loving cuse.If things changed and he got an offer from a team he didn’t expect to get I don’t know how you can blame him. Also, we don’t know everything. Could be as simple as his dad told tyus “ look son I know you made that Instagram post or whatever but uhhh yeah delete that because there are millions of dollars on the line and I think it’s worth taking some more time to think about.” Seems pretty understandable to me. I was really hoping nobody would actually find a way to get upset with tyus because of this, but turns out there are multiple people on this board thinking it and it makes me sad hahaha

Random thought.
IF its actually happening now (unclear)
He was invited to the event. He RSVPd to this event. But only draft eligible players can attend. So he elected to hold off on the formal announcement?

This is actually a great theory. So he’ll come back but the NCAA will nail us for having an undeclared player participating in a pro workout.

About to throw some 2k18 in. Either work on my Vegas expansion team or my career.

My wife is an ex like 3 times over until we got married in November. About to be an ex again though. Lo
l

Heck of a sentence(s)

Here's my completely uninformed theory that could drive everybody insane - Gary Battle has more or less functioned as an agent, but not formally signed as such. The Battle family has been extremely careful to do everything by the book so as not to jeopardize any options for Tyus. Tyus announced his return, and one of the NBA teams reaches out to Gary and says "Hey, so... you're going to have a problem. Remember when..." and the Battle family has a collective "OH " moment as they've now announced Battle's return but may have penned him into a situation where he wouldn't be cleanly eligible.

200w.webp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom