UCONN…. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

UCONN….

I think next year we should all stop blaming Boeheim and direct our praise and critiques to Coach Autry. Year 1 we can give a pass but year 2 in this environment is 100% his team. Whatever happens next year is 100% on Autry and not due to poor recruiting by the former coach. Boeheim’s last recruiting class will be juniors next year.
And most of that recruiting class won’t be here.

UConn is more than just Clingan, their guards are really good too.

I don't get these recent posts about Storrs, fans are being really insecure about them
I think they are the best coached team. I can't stand the brat but he can coach.

You aren't a Syracuse fan if you aren't jealous about that program and everything about them at the present.

Last year I posted around the Sweet 16 that they will have FIVE tites in a few weeks. Now its SIX. SIX!!!!

Our recruiting was good until the moment we left the BE. UConn's recruiting sucked until the moment they rejoined the BE. Coincidence?

Our recruiting was good until the moment we left the BE. UConn's recruiting sucked until the moment they rejoined the BE. Coincidence?
Zero truth to this no matter how many times you beat your dead horse. Ollie couldn’t coach out of a paper bag. He got multiple top 50 players in the AAC.

We got lydon, Mali, and Battle in the ACC.

Even JB has said he owns that his recruiting stunk the past few years recently. If he can admit it why can’t you?

Class of 2015 was rated #8.

Class of 2016 was rated #18.

Between the time we left the BE and the time we lost scholarships and recruiting visits to probation, we did alright.

The recruiting is a small part of it. Hurley runs a great program and are working harder than everyone else. When Autry talks getting back to the standard, I’m thinking that the work ethic is a major part of that.

I know you and I have debated it. I will admit it's a factor but it doesn't tell anywhere close to the whole story related to our failures as a program.

Class of 2015 was rated #8.

Class of 2016 was rated #18.

Between the time we left the BE and the time we lost scholarships and recruiting visits to probation, we did alright.
Wow, had no memory of that. It's been a while now I guess.

We could have made room. He didn’t think he was good enough to play right away.
Did he reclassify? I seem to remember the coaches trying to get him not to reclassify.

Only because we prioritized Battle and told Huerter to prep for a year, which he had absolutely no intentions of doing considering his other solid offers.
Thanks, answered my question there. Obviously Battle was the higher prospect at the time and was a huge get.

Did he reclassify? I seem to remember the coaches trying to get him not to reclassify.
No they wanted him to reclassify to wait a year. We took Gillon and White as grad transfers in that class. We still didn’t use all our scholarships even with the sanctions. There was a spot. And I know Mali left a year before anyone thought, but if he stayed we don’t take White anyway.

No they wanted him to reclassify to wait a year. We took Gillon and White as grad transfers in that class. We still didn’t use all our scholarships even with the sanctions. There was a spot. And I know Mali left a year before anyone thought, but if he stayed we don’t take White anyway.
The Taurean Thompson and Andrew White recruitments took a lot of my brain power at that time lol.

Revisionist history.

JAB only wanted him to reclassify (and do a prep year) because we didn’t have an open scholarship for him *at that time*.

However, he then got the Twerps offer (and maybe others), and fairly quickly then chose Maryland.

Not long after, we had a scholarship open up.
(I think maybe because Mali declared for draft? I forget the specifics of this part)
But it was too late, Huerter’s Cuse ship had already sailed.

Revisionist history.

JAB only wanted him to reclassify (and do a prep year) because we didn’t have an open scholarship for him *at that time*.

However, he then got the Twerps offer (and maybe others), and fairly quickly then chose Maryland.

Not long after, we had a scholarship open up.
(I think maybe because Mali declared for draft? I forget the specifics of this part)
But it was too late, Huerter’s Cuse ship had already sailed.
Mali left and we got White. They were never going to be on the roster together. We only used 9 scholarships that season. We had 10 available. It was crappy roster management.

Mali left and we got White. They were never going to be on the roster together. We only used 9 scholarships that season. We had 10 available. It was crappy roster management.

It doesn’t change the fact that -
at the moment that Huerter was going to commit -
Cuse did NOT have a scholarship available for him.

Period. Full stop.

What happened later, happened later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom