UConn Postgame Discussion Thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

UConn Postgame Discussion Thread

Which may mean that Neal Nunn is no longer part of the program. No inside information here just a guess.

Or he was just injured and didn't make the trip to CT.

As Bailey tweeted at 6:24 PM yesterday.

Bailey2.png

Last edited:
Is it just me or did the woman calling this game sound completely bland and flat?

I’m all for giving women more opportunities in the booth but seesh she sounded passionless. It’s a football game, god forbid you get excited.

Purdue? More like Purdon’t am I right folks?
Yea verily!
Preach.

Rising from my slumber, I am surprised by two things:

First, that my lover did not make use of the Uber coupon I had placed on her nightstand in the wee hours of this morning after our intense and sometimes dangerous post game coitus, but chose instead to remain by my side for perhaps even more celebrating once I have prepared my body with essential oils.

Second, after two games, the play of one Garrett Shrader. He directs the offense with the skill and grace of a champion Flamenco Dancer trying to avenge his past while educating us on the finer points of Moorish musical traditions.

Bravo, Maestro!

LGO
I'll have what he's having.

Or he was just injured and didn't make the trip to CT.

As Bailey tweeted at 6:24 PM yesterday.

I would normally agree and thought he was just hurt

But when you look up McDonald now on the roster page on cuse they have switched his number to 15 which seems a bit odd

Horrible program? No. Historically they’ve had success in the big east. They’re a bad team right now due to conference realignment but they have a good coach at the helm and have some talent on the roster including Nate Carter and the 4 star from PSU. It’s was a smart buy game series for SUAD to schedule as it was FBS and winnable, plus proximity allowed for Cuse fans to negate the home field advantage. BC is going there later this year as well… gotta give UConn AD an incentive to accept the series
Nope. They were in the BE for 9 seasons, 4 of which were losing seasons. Overall they have a losing record. Historically bad. Not Rutgers bad, but bad

I would normally agree and thought he was just hurt

But when you look up McDonald now on the roster page on cuse they have switched his number to 15 which seems a bit odd

And Wes Hoeh is now sharing #47 with another TE who is injured and out for the season.

They were not even a really good FCS program.
They were in the mid to late 90s when Skip Holtz was their coach. UConn springboarded Skip to 1-A

First, that my lover did not make use of the Uber coupon I had placed on her nightstand in the wee hours of this morning after our intense and sometimes dangerous post game coitus, but chose instead to remain by my side for perhaps even more celebrating once I have prepared my body with essential oils.

Second, after two games, the play of one Garrett Shrader. He directs the offense with the skill and grace of a champion Flamenco Dancer trying to avenge his past while educating us on the finer points of Moorish musical traditions.

Bravo, Maestro!

LGO
I love you

And Wes Hoeh is now sharing #47 with another TE who is injured and out for the season.
I might be misremembering but didn’t they get rid of the rule of no duplicate numbers on same side
Of the ball?

Bravo, Maestro!

LGO

I might be misremembering but didn’t they get rid of the rule of no duplicate numbers on same side
Of the ball?

You can't have two guys with the same number on the field at the same time. Having two offensive players with the same number is a recipe for disaster (and a penalty).

In our case, Hoeh can wear #47 because Clark tore up his knee over the summer and won't play this year.

I can only guess that Nunn is so banged up that he won't be playing anytime soon.

Anybody hear anything about Tucker?
He did not look "right" to me last night.
Tucker was their "Key" to winning, that is to say, UConn knew they had to stop him. They had a spy on him and "double" teamed him all night. They were not about to let him run free. Shrader made them pay for it and they failed to learn their lesson. And they still couldn't stop Tucker!

They were in the mid to late 90s when Skip Holtz was their coach. UConn springboarded Skip to 1-A
They had one good season - Holtz’ final season - when they went 10-3 in 1AA. Prior to that they were mediocre at best. They were grandfathered in to the BE, and did nothing to earn a spot at the table. They hit the lottery, after all the other teams did all of the hard work. I would have had more respect for UCT if they had made the commitment to move up to D1 in 1990 and suffered through the growing pains that all schools have to endure. No, they showed up late to the party, without a bottle of wine, just a brick of cheese and a box of Triskets that they bought at the 7-11 and expected to be welcomed with open arms. Sorry. See ya later Huskies.

They had one good season - Holtz’ final season - when they went 10-3 in 1AA. Prior to that they were mediocre at best. They were grandfathered in to the BE, and did nothing to earn a spot at the table. They hit the lottery, after all the other teams did all of the hard work. I would have had more respect for UCT if they had made the commitment to move up to D1 in 1990 and suffered through the growing pains that all schools have to endure. No, they showed up late to the party, without a bottle of wine, just a brick of cheese and a box of Triskets that they bought at the 7-11 and expected to be welcomed with open arms. Sorry. See ya later Huskies.
I have always held it against UCONN that they didn't move their football program up when it looked like finally an eastern all-sport conference was a real possibility in 1990. If they had, it could have cemented that as the result. At this point, they have realized that they were shortsighted and that there is no way to be part of major college sports without football being at the center of an athletic department. I feel like they have suffered enough for their poor decision and have been in realignment purgatory long enough, I don't have any animosity towards them any longer.

Tucker was their "Key" to winning, that is to say, UConn knew they had to stop him. They had a spy on him and "double" teamed him all night. They were not about to let him run free. Shrader made them pay for it and they failed to learn their lesson. And they still couldn't stop Tucker!
Exactly we may see many more instances of tucker seeming “off” but the reality is these defenses are going to do everything in there power to shut him down. This is actually a great thing this year ( not last year) , because garret schrader looks like he might be one of the best qb’s in the country. Thank you anae and Jeff beck. Here’s Armstrongs stats against Illinois. Coincidence for this fall off? I think not!

Attachments

• 3CD31CFF-B3E2-4061-8593-5D5438A0899C.jpeg
    3CD31CFF-B3E2-4061-8593-5D5438A0899C.jpeg
    373.8 KB · Views: 60
Does anyone think they should explore moving Linton back to LB and getting our best 11 on the field on defense? For the most part, I like what I've seen out of McDonald but Linton was on the 2-deep as a true freshman, I believe at one of the OLB spots.

Would be interested to see if they move him to Thompson's vacated role, which while considered a "LB," is often on the line of scrimmage and used as a pass rusher. Thompson was also great at getting TFL's and aiding in the run game. He will be sorely missed moving forward. I would like to see Linton on the field more just due to his play-making ability with his unique frame.

Total domination. Uconn had two big plays and nothing else.

schrader’s improvement is massive. If he keeps it up he is a candidate for national most improved player. Last season he was looking to run, this season he is keeping his eyes downfield and looking to pass. Great accuracy all game long. Two big bombs.....very impressive.

WRs looked very good, no drops when schrader was in the game.

tucker got his 100, but overall uconn game planned to stop him and they did a good job; however, they paid a big price elsewhere.

d was terrific except for two plays.

I hated the rule that the midair punt recovery could not be advanced. Why not ???

dino did a great job fixing the penalty issues we had against Lville.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom