uconnhuskygames.com | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

uconnhuskygames.com

the jan 16 1988 game how is that an intentional foul at the end???????????????

& their sub-500 team beat us at the Dome earlier that year:bang:
That was such a frustrating team. If I remember Arizona beat them by 13 early, but their other 8 losses were by an average of 2 or 3 points, with an average of 15 missed free throws.

So much great stuff in the '94 game that I forgot about. http://uconnhuskygames.com/211994-uconn-at-syracuse/

Moten making Kevin Ollie look foolish at 44:47. Fantastic skills and fundamentals on all our players, look at Jackson and Moten leading breaks and doing smart things with the ball. Crazy Scott McCorkle (or, as I like to call him, Rich Man's Trevor Cooney) doing Crazy Scott McCorkle things to single-handedly give UConn a lead at halftime. Boeheim losing his mind at Ted Valentine because of McCorkle (by the way, was this the reason behind Boeheim blackballing Valentine from working Big East games?).

Short of going to a Final Four, I don't know if there's ever been a happier bunch of SU players than all of those guys after Autry made the three-point play to clinch it near the end.

So much great stuff in the '94 game that I forgot about. http://uconnhuskygames.com/211994-uconn-at-syracuse/

Moten making Kevin Ollie look foolish at 44:47. Fantastic skills and fundamentals on all our players, look at Jackson and Moten leading breaks and doing smart things with the ball. Crazy Scott McCorkle (or, as I like to call him, Rich Man's Trevor Cooney) doing Crazy Scott McCorkle things to single-handedly give UConn a lead at halftime. Boeheim losing his mind at Ted Valentine because of McCorkle (by the way, was this the reason behind Boeheim blackballing Valentine from working Big East games?).

Short of going to a Final Four, I don't know if there's ever been a happier bunch of SU players than all of those guys after Autry made the three-point play to clinch it near the end.

I think we probably all have that one player that we overestimated their talent and think they should have played more and just look back and shake our head. Scott McCorkle is that guy for me. Ironically it was against UConn his freshman year that he scored 13 points and had 5 assists and he was my hero ever since. Yes on teams with Billy Owens, Lawrence Moten, Dave Johnson etc - I always thought at the time that Scottie should have gotten more run.

I think we probably all have that one player that we overestimated their talent and think they should have played more and just look back and shake our head. Scott McCorkle is that guy for me. Ironically it was against UConn his freshman year that he scored 13 points and had 5 assists and he was my hero ever since. Yes on teams with Billy Owens, Lawrence Moten, Dave Johnson etc - I always thought at the time that Scottie should have gotten more run.

I probably do that for half our players. In McCorkle's defense, he not only played with stars and couldn't jump them for playing time, but I think he hurt himself pretty badly midway through his career and missed a couple months, fell on a dunk attempt or something like that. (I remember this was the last injury before our decade-long run of great luck with injuries). Kind of derailed his development. Didn't help that he was a tweener.

These days he'd be an obvious off-guard for Boeheim's defense-first system. I wasn't just being obnoxious with the Cooney mention (though there was definitely a bit of that in there, too). I thought he was a McCorkle-type coming in - big and athletic with a shooting touch. Those things were true, but McCorkle's got a smoother style to his play, both in my memory and in this old game on the website. Happily (or not, depending on your tastes), Cooney doesn't share McCorkle's penchant for screaming profanities at Boeheim and getting random technical fouls.

Great site thanks. I watched some of the 2005 big east tourny game. I remember telling my brother during the 1st half "we just want it more". If only we played that way a week later against vermont

committee screwed SU that year. They underseeded SU and Vermont and gave VT a virtual home game on Worcester, MA

was looking for the 1991 game at the Dome when Desert Storm started. They didn't have it.

pretty easy to make them into digital media.. really just depends on the quality of the vhs tapes

was looking for the 1991 game at the Dome when Desert Storm started. They didn't have it.
January 16, 1991. We won 81-79. I remember sitting in the upper deck overlooking basket. We were ranked 8th and Yukon was ranked 13th (I had to look it up).

Anyone with a VHS or some other media of a UConn-Syracuse game that isn't on there should hit up @tcf_15 on twitter, he's always looking to add more stuff to the site, no matter who won.

I loved that 1993-94 team. I was a totally heart-broken 11 year old when they lost to Missouri in the Sweet 16. Of course, I'm heart-broken after every Tourney loss. Makes me wonder why I love the tournament so much.

Hey everyone - glad you guys like the site. Me and another guy have been at it for about a year and I've been meaning to share this site with some of the other old Big East schools because there are some really great games here.

Here's the page that's just Syracuse games: http://uconnhuskygames.com/rivalry-series-uconn-vs-syracuse/

BTW if any of you have any other UConn Syracuse games not on the site, let me know. I'd love to add them to the site.

Last edited:
Hey everyone - glad you guys like the site. Me and another guy have been at it for about a year and I've been meaning to share this site with some of the other old Big East schools because there are some really great games here.

Here's the page that's just Syracuse games: http://uconnhuskygames.com/rivalry-series-uconn-vs-syracuse/

BTW if any of you have any other UConn Syracuse games not on the site, let me know. I'd love to add them to the site.

I have:
1/16/91 - ESPN Classic Version
3/7/04 - poor quality
2/10/10
2/11/12

I loved that 1993-94 team. I was a totally heart-broken 11 year old when they lost to Missouri in the Sweet 16. Of course, I'm heart-broken after every Tourney loss. Makes me wonder why I love the tournament so much.

We're the same age and I had the same experience. Everyone said we were at a huge disadvantage, they had Crudup and those guards, but we arguably outplayed them for 40 minutes. Just couldn't get a stop in overtime.

After 2010, gun to my head, 1994 might be my favorite team of all time. Offensive skill at every position, and generally a group of guys who'd grown up together and obviously liked playing alongside each other.

We're the same age and I had the same experience. Everyone said we were at a huge disadvantage, they had Crudup and those guards, but we arguably outplayed them for 40 minutes. Just couldn't get a stop in overtime.

After 2010, gun to my head, 1994 might be my favorite team of all time. Offensive skill at every position, and generally a group of guys who'd grown up together and obviously liked playing alongside each other.
If I were to rank my Top 5:

1. 1995-96
2. 2009-10 (before Onuaku injury)
3. 2002-03
4. 1993-94
5. 1988-89 (my first memories of SU basketball and what many consider to be the most talented if not the best SU team ever)

Doesn't sound like it is as comprehensive, but Syracuse games are being added all the time to YouTube. I find new games almost every time I look, new and old alike. The one I have not seen and would like to is the Wisconsin Sweet 16 game.

I'll never forget the crowd chanting USA USA USA after Carl Eilenburg announced that the war had started.
yep. its one of the few games I actually remember as a student.

running from the Dome...back to my fraternity (shockingly not to Harry's) to watch the war on CNN, as we had a brother whos Guard unit was called up in nov to go drive a tank there, was surreal.

just watched 2006. really the 1st time ive ever seen it. was able to watch the 1st half at home... but my buddy and I were flying to madrid for spring break to visit our abroad friends that night out of JFK. We had a pledge (i think we have crossed SOL) drive us from Cuse to JFK but we had to leave at halftime. It was torture. We listened on the radio but starting getting fuzzy recpetion around OT. We literally pulled over on the highway to be able to listen. It was an experience - but 1 i would have much rather been on campus for because we got calls that there were parties all over campus.

Anyway got to Madrid in time to go to a bar to watch the Gtown game with about 10 Gtown fans (that were all flying out that morning - keep in mind the game started at like 2am Madrid time) and 50ish or more cuse fans. 1 of the most amazing nights of my life. Spaniards must have been so confused to see 50-75 people dressed in orange, blackout drunk at 4am going absolutely bazerk that last 10 min of that game. about 5 of us had to hold my best friend back as he tried to chant " you go home" to the Gtown kids. he was literally trying to climb over us and agressively pointing and screaming at them. To their credit, they were basically like "thanks man, we are getting in cabs now to head to the airport. have a good night" and to his credit, he kept screaming " you go home"

Unfortunately the BET champ wasnt shown the next night - so we all went to capital (the club) and followed along on 1 persons phone who was getting text updates (this was right around the beginning of smartphones and not many people had them, even cuse kids). when we got the final text i ripped my button down off to show my Orange Pride shirt that I had worn for 4 straight days. So many unnecessary bottles (i had no money) and craziness ensued that night.

Doesn't sound like it is as comprehensive, but Syracuse games are being added all the time to YouTube. I find new games almost every time I look, new and old alike. The one I have not seen and would like to is the Wisconsin Sweet 16 game.
The search function in youtube is rough. For instance, I search 'Syracuse Basketball 1996' and the only full game I see on the entire first page is the NC game.