UK's Cauley-Stein to return | Syracusefan.com

UK's Cauley-Stein to return

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
passes up being a top 15 draft pick. Wants to play in FF next season.

passes up being a top 15 draft pick. Wants to play in FF next season.
He may not even start next year with Karl Towns and Trey Lyles coming in, but I guess starting doesn't matter when you play for a minor league NBA developmental team anyways.

Former NFL lineman Will Shields is his legal guardian, I don't think he has the financial considerations others do.

What will be interesting is how long he has to nurse his injury. That might be the deciding factor he returned also.

They are going to be loaded up front next year. Dang it.

He wasn't going to be a lottery pick- very good defensively but zero offensive game right now. Not sure going back helps him though as someone late in the 1st round might have grabbed him.

The Harrison twins and Poythress are supposed to announce that they're staying later today.

The Governor said:
The Harrison twins and Poythress are supposed to announce that they're staying later today.

Kentucky will at least have a legit pre season #1 this coming season.

Who will be the odd man out? I can't see all their big men getting quality minutes. A pouty, whiney burger boy riding pine all season can create turmoil. Does Cal bury a Dakari Johnson on the bench to play junior Cauley-Stein and freshman Towns? Marcus Lee most likely won't see much run. Can Cal keep them all happy?

Who will be the odd man out? I can't see all their big men getting quality minutes. A pouty, whiney burger boy riding pine all season can create turmoil. Does Cal bury a Dakari Johnson on the bench to play junior Cauley-Stein and freshman Towns? Marcus Lee most likely won't see much run. Can Cal keep them all happy?

That's just an embarrassment of riches in their frontcourt. I totally forgot about Lee, but that kid's a player too. I still hate them, but if the Harrison twins and Poythress come back, they're a legit #1.

Good questions. He usually makes it work. Oh right, he can't coach though. :crazy:

Yup, I still don't think he is a great coach. Salesman and recruiter, yes he is great at those. More to it than just that. You give Bernie fine Cal's roster and 35 games for them to jell together and you would get close to same results.

Yup, I still don't think he is a great coach. Salesman and recruiter, yes he is great at those. More to it than just that. You give Bernie fine Cal's roster and 35 games for them to jell together and you would get close to same results.

Highly debatable, lol. Part of that job is also patience and managing/teaching the egos on the team and dealing with the outside forces at UK. You obviously don't understand that. That Dakari and WCS balance will be interesting to see, though.

Highly debatable, lol. Part of that job is also patience and managing/teaching the egos on the team and dealing with the outside forces at UK. You obviously don't understand that. That Dakari and WCS balance will be interesting to see, though.
You have your opinion, and I have mine. I enjoy folks like you, who criticize JB and question him constantly, yet praise Cal like he is the messiah. Do you secretly want Cal to succeed JB? SUball

You have your opinion, and I have mine. I enjoy folks like you, who criticize JB and question him constantly, yet praise Cal like he is the messiah. Do you secretly want Cal to succeed JB? SUball

Ha. Absolutely not. I don't like Calipari but he can coach. That is an absolute no-brainer. Anybody in the business will tell you that and it's obvious if you watched them especially from Feb on. This topic has been dicussed ad nauseam here. So it's Cal's fault entirely what happened with Camby and Rose? Boeheim isn't some infallible figure either immune from questioning.

Would not be a D1 coach if couldn't coach. I however think he is far from great. Needs a ton more on his resume to even be close to the conversation of, Wooden, rupp, K, knight, Valvano, Izzo, or even John Thompson. All far superior to the salesman, self serving Cal.

Would not be a D1 coach if couldn't coach. I however think he is far from great. Needs a ton more on his resume to even be close to the conversation of, Wooden, rupp, K, knight, Valvano, Izzo, or even John Thompson. All far superior to the salesman, self serving Cal.

Valvano?! You have repeatedly said that he can't coach or isn't a good coach. Just stop.

I did like the way he used Wilcher and then told him to get lost. Although it was not as smooth as luring in Ryan harrow from another school, just to blame him for everything that went wrong and then telling him to hit the road as new recruits were coming and he needed the roster spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom