UK's Cauley-Stein to return | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UK's Cauley-Stein to return

Their offense consisted of using their athleticism to get offensive rebounds and put backs. Not drawn up plays from a coach. You give last season's NIT team to Izzzo or coach K, and I bet it would have been in the big dance and not losing to Robert Morris in the NIT.

Their offense consisted of using their athleticism to get offensive rebounds and put backs. Not drawn up plays from a coach. You give last season's NIT team to Izzzo or coach K, and I bet it would have been in the big dance and not losing to Robert Morris in the NIT.
Yes, better to run a complex offense and lose to Mercer in the 1st round than to keep it simple and exploit advantages. We all know coaching is about proving how smart you are.

He's NOT a good coach.

Glad to see we're 8 days removed from the national title game and the questions about the effectiveness of his "system" and his coaching abilities have resurfaced.

We are all dumber and should be embarrassed to be members of this forum when threads like this pop up.

I think this is an interesting case. I doubt he would have been a lottery pick though I'm pretty sure he would have gone in the first round. We'll see how much he can move up (or down) depending on the year he has. I've always felt that projected lottery picks should make the jump and projected second rounders should stay. The hardest decision is for guys who are supposed to go late in the first round.

Doe
Yup, I still don't think he is a great coach. Salesman and recruiter, yes he is great at those. More to it than just that. You give Bernie fine Cal's roster and 35 games for them to jell together and you would get close to same results.
Now-a-days it no longer matters much if he is a good strategist. The most important qualification, by far, of a contemporary coach is recruiting ability. After that he has to get the one and dones to pass to the open man in the Big Dance. The UCon win was the lesser of two evils, but the trend will most likely be to the teams with the most one and dones. If Parker returns Duke can challenge the Squid but if not the NC will be the Squid's to lose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom