um, Frank Howard? | Syracusefan.com

um, Frank Howard?

Hopkins can't figure out how to work both Kaleb and Frank into the rotation. It's a little baffling.

Unless he's injured or something disciplinary it's absolute bullshtt he didn't play.

So sick of the rotations.
It's none of that.

Hop played KJ sparingly in the first half then went with Cooney/G the whole second half. Howard didn't play last week until desperation time.

We have to face it, no matter who the coach, we will see Cooney/G for 98% of the minutes in the backcourt this year.

It's none of that.

Hop played KJ sparingly in the first half then went with Cooney/G the whole second half. Howard didn't play last week until desperation time.

We have to face it, no matter who the coach, we will see Cooney/G for 98% of the minutes in the backcourt this year.
I hear what you're saying but Hop did fine w/ Cooney today - he benched him for a spell in the 1st half and then kept him out there for the 2nd when he was playing well

It's none of that.

It's a joke.

It's a joke.

I'm sure you could recruit better, coach better, hell if you have any eligibility left play better.

Gotta ride the horses you have in the stall.

Should it really surprise any fan of Cuse basketball that a freshman has sat the bench while the senior get all the PT. It's been that way for about 40 years.
true, but he had been getting run in most games this year... Hop's (un)willingness to sub the backcourt in the 2nd halves of Colgate and Cornell games, with both games clearly in the bag, is perplexing

true, but he had been getting run in most games this year... Hop's (un)willingness to sub the backcourt in the 2nd halves of Colgate and Cornell games, with both games clearly in the bag, is perplexing
This has to have come down from Boeheim prior to his suspension. That, or Hopkins has been brainwashed thoroughly during his time on the Hill...

it's gotta be dis-planetary . our whole university is in a dark dense state ...

My_House_-_My_Blue_Planet_Earth.jpg

When things go EXACTLY the way one should expect based on 30 years of history that establish beyond the shadow of a doubt, how players will be used and the hierarchy of playing time...

the only thing which is perplexing is that there are people who for some unknown reason believe it should play out otherwise. SMH.

When things go EXACTLY the way one should expect based on 30 years of history that establish beyond the shadow of a doubt, how players will be used and the hierarchy of playing time...

the only thing which is perplexing is that there are people who for some unknown reason believe it should play out otherwise. SMH.
shake your head all you want but it defies logic that a player, in need of game experience and who has already proven himself worthy of the rotation, does not see the floor in a blowout win

shake your head all you want but it defies logic that a player, in need of game experience and who has already proven himself worthy of the rotation, does not see the floor in a blowout win

Pearl, my point is it happens all the time, year in and year out. I'm not saying it's right or wrong or weighing in on it in any shape of form. I'm merely saying that it's SOP for our program during the Boeheim era. So why the surprise and outrage?

Pearl, my point is it happens all the time, year in and year out. I'm not saying it's right or wrong or weighing in on it in any shape of form. I'm merely saying that it's SOP for our program during the Boeheim era. So why the surprise and outrage?
Sure it's SOP for JB to shorten the bench by the time conference play rolls around, but he has at least given time a guy like FH in the early season games, especially when those games become clearly out of reach. So far against Colgate and Cornell Hop has kept the starting backcourt in for the entire 2nd half.
Maybe it's on JB's orders, who knows

if SOP was working well i'd say roll with it. but i think we need to seriously shuffle the deck a bit. like 52 pickup shuffle.

Because it's still bs

This has to have come down from Boeheim prior to his suspension. That, or Hopkins has been brainwashed thoroughly during his time on the Hill...

JB said in one his interviews that prior to the suspension kicking in he talked to Hop about FH because he had been practicing well...apparently practicing well doesn't equate to minutes...although we were always told the bench can't play because they practice so poorly. He must have fallen apart in practice again??? Or, maybe JB said he can only play if we get down double-digits?

JB said in one his interviews that prior to the suspension kicking in he talked to Hop about FH because he had been practicing well...apparently practicing well doesn't equate to minutes...although we were always told the bench can't play because they practice so poorly. He must have fallen apart in practice again??? Or, maybe JB said he can only play if we get down double-digits?

I will be asking him Monday night and I will blindside him once he has his guard off. It will also be worded in a way where he can't just give us the obvious political answer.

It'll be worth listening to

So your point is, we as fans, should just accept it?

I seriously doubt JB left strict instructions about playing time. Hop is doling out the bench minutes as he sees fit and as game situations dictate. I'm sure we'll see Howard get more than token minutes down the road on occasion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom