um, Frank Howard? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

um, Frank Howard?

You mean the costly mistake like last year where Cooney helped down and gave up the most wide open, game tying three I've ever seen? That's still
One of the biggest lapses I've seen, Paul Harris vs pitt not withstanding.

And yet you have fans on here wishing he could be beat out and put on the bench.

Why is that?

Seems like JB has an argument around it.
but it doesn't make him right. I know the mods and the staff love cooney, he is a first class citizen and etcetera, but I have had post after post deleted about him and I am done posting about the kid. he might as well shoot more, the team can't score and he contributes virtually nothing else he should just shoot like 25 times a game. this is a lost season anyway, next year we are back.

but it doesn't make him right. I know the mods and the staff love cooney, he is a first class citizen and etcetera, but I have had post after post deleted about him and I am done posting about the kid. he might as well shoot more, the team can't score and he contributes virtually nothing else he should just shoot like 25 times a game. this is a lost season anyway, next year we are back.

Hes a good defender but im with you. Ready for someone else at the 2

orangehomer said:

Posts get deleted when a player is "trashed". Kind of like this one.

I get your point bees, but in my opinion, it also doesn't make it right to then turn around and "trash" another poster just because they had a lapse in judgment. Don't get me wrong, I agree with your point. I just don't agree with the way it was done. Just one Orangeman's opinion for what it's worth.

Nicknack said:
I get your point bees, but in my opinion, it also doesn't make it right to then turn around and "trash" another poster just because they had a lapse in judgment. Don't get me wrong, I agree with your point. I just don't agree with the way it was done. Just one Orangeman's opinion for what it's worth.

You might feel differently if you'd seen the numerous deleted posts. Enough is enough. And the poster wasn't trashed. It was pointed out why his posts get deleted since he seemed to be complaining about it.

You might feel differently if you'd seen the numerous deleted posts. Enough is enough. And the poster wasn't trashed. It was pointed out why his posts get deleted since he seemed to be complaining about it.

I gotcha - the more that I think about it, as an admin here, you probably do get flooded with a TON more crap posts than what the rest of us have to see. Point taken.

Because you know better than a 40-year HOF coach who sees the team in practice every day. Got it.

So you finish posting about him by posting about him again. Nice. I can't imagine why any of your stuff gets deleted.

Because you know better than a 40-year HOF coach who sees the team in practice every day. Got it.

It's kind of odd how pervasive this reasoning has become on the forum. I mean, if Kaleb Joseph was getting 40 minutes at PG this year with the same roster, you would hear the exact same criticism and nobody would care. Cooney's a lightning rod primarily due to the usage rate. I don't think anyone blames him for that though - it's just unfortunate. Practice is practice, nobody (for the most part) has insight, so the argument revolves around games.

At the end of the day on a sports forum, when one side is arguing stats, game performance, etc...and the other side is often arguing practice and intangibles, well, this much debate on that one player will probably be the result 99% of the time. Worse on most forums. Just my $0.02.

LGO!!!!

Last edited:
In practice, TC is often referred to by coaches as the (or one of the) greatest shooters in Syracuse history.
To my knowledge, no Syracuse coach, including JB, has ever said anything of the sort.

To my knowledge, no Syracuse coach, including JB, has ever said anything of the sort.

McNamara has mentioned it many times. Maybe he says the best shooter he's ever seen (which I suppose is slightly different) - it's been referenced many times on the chat show recaps, etc when explaining his poor percentages, etc...at least from what I recall. I'm not going to find the sources though, so to be fair, I'll edit it out! :)

Last edited:
They disappear for the opposite reason you think
I'm not sure what you mean by that (maybe you will elaborate) but I do know that this board has lost several very good and knowledgeable posters who grew tired of the frequent negativity directed at the players and coaching staff.

Not denying that claim but we've also lost posters for other reasons. Can't really expand because I don't want to start a war.

Not denying that claim but we've also lost posters for other reasons. Can't really expand because I don't want to start a war.
Fair enough, you can always PM me if you'd like.

So what about the HOF coaches who play a deeper bench vs. cupckaes. Are they all wrong? For some reason, some think it is not acceptable for a fan to see what another HOF or top level coach has done and wonder whether we can do the same.

I like JB. He is stubborn in his principles. And his stubbornness has been an attribute that has probably made building a consistent program easier. He has been the perfect coach for Syracuse. Doesn't mean he is perfect however.

But at times it does lead to some decisions or principles that can be criticized at least. Why do people have to be so passive aggressive when you question something about the guy?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you mean by that (maybe you will elaborate) but I do know that this board has lost several very good and knowledgeable posters who grew tired of the frequent negativity directed at the players and coaching staff.

It sorts of goes with the territory though - I think we all end up on the other side of the fence with different players. I don't know why some people take it more personally. I think it's just offensive when it's someone you root for.

For most of his first three years, people ragged on Rak for being lazy, for being awful at rebounding, etc...I always thought it was exaggerated (as did others - and, early on, yes he did play lackadaisical at times, but I thought it was exaggerated and repeated too often). I never thought anyone was going after him because they hated him though. It's all just opinions based upon the 30+ times we see them play each year. With TC though it's just different - maybe because it comes up so often, or we've been so far below what we're used to when it comes to W/L. Who knows. It's always been this way though. Andy, Scoop, Triche, Rak, Cooney...the zone (those debates used to be more frequent) there is always someone that fires the board up.

Man our fans are just great! You wonder why good posters disappear.

I always love the ones who reappear for one post every few years. They act like martyrs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom