UNC Gameday... | Page 59 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Gameday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the second consecutive week we look totally unprepared and overwhelmed on National TV. What's happened to that young, hard-hitting Syracuse team of the first four games? Is it the coaching staff ... or the players? Has Beck relinquished the offensive play calling? I tend to think it's head coaching leadership and overall preparation. Everything seems out of sync. Nothing is likely to change next week against a Top 5 team in FSU. Even the complaining will be the same. How much longer do we stand for this as fans and donors? Hopefully, not long.

Seems like UNC has built a great program, the right way. Starts with the coach.

Because that is everything we use to make fun of Rutgers for, being a crappy team and playing a crappy schedule to just make it into a bowl. We made fun of them for years. Now that is the exact team we are hoping we can be every year.
So? How does that change the fact that 8-4 is a GREAT season by Syracuse standards? Like I get we want 10 but if you get 8 you’re over achieving up here

We have been doing this for 8 years under 3 different DC's.

At what point is it not the DC that has this preference?

I don’t recall White doing it this much. What made White good was his constant aggression. If I’m mis-remembering then my bad but I don’t think so.

Two weeks ago I said we absolutely win 8 games, probably 9. Now I’m hopeful we maybe squeeze out 7. 6 wouldn’t shock me.
I mean, we will see. Syracuse is over matched, it’s clear, luckily all those other guys (BC, Pitt, GT, etc) are also overmatched

I don’t recall White doing it this much. What made White good was his constant aggression. If I’m mis-remembering then my bad but I don’t think so.
1-10 season was under white. Also got blown out by FSU and gave up 41 to ND. He had good games, and had bad games just like Brian ward.

Scoring continues to go down every game and people want Beck to take over?
Haven’t seen anyone claim that since game 4… not sure where this narrative is being repeated but it’s not on this board

Rocky is clearly not what everybody thought.
It’s not Rocky. It’s the players. I’ve read in here the past couple of years about “scheme”. Lol. Talk scheme all day, that’s okay, when my players are big and fast and your players are small and fast, I’m going to win. We don’t have the players. We can’t get to the QB without stunting the entire game. Half the time we can’t get home and we get burned. If we don’t stunt, we get burned. We get big boy’ed.

Seems like UNC has built a great program, the right way. Starts with the coach.
You’d need to call up coach Mac, that’s essentially what they did getting brown back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom