UNC leading scorer PJ Hairston arrested for possession. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

UNC leading scorer PJ Hairston arrested for possession.

I can't believe how many people think an ounce of weed is a lot. LOL. What's that 4 blunts? And it is not a felony in every state. In Colorado the cops won't even take less than an ounce from you if you get pulled over. The DA's office has suspended all prosecution of weed, besides more serious amounts; which would be pounds.
What about the gun and the $245 a day rental?

I was strictly talking the grass. But since you mentioned it, they first have to prove the gun was thrown out of their car. Did someone know he couldn't have afforded $245/day rental?

I was strictly talking the grass. But since you mentioned it, they first have to prove the gun was thrown out of their car. Did someone know he couldn't have afforded $245/day rental?
Well if somebody is helping him pay for it he could afford it, and no he couldn't afford it, and its total guess and I could care less what is implied.

I can't believe how many people think an ounce of weed is a lot. LOL. What's that 4 blunts? And it is not a felony in every state. In Colorado the cops won't even take less than an ounce from you if you get pulled over. The DA's office has suspended all prosecution of weed, besides more serious amounts; which would be pounds.

4 blunts in one ounce?

Who are you Tommy Chong?

Edit: so here is a youtube of some fine young gentlemen enjoying a quarter ounce blunt.

Here is an image of a 20-gram blunt

5xgDR.jpg

Please, tell me again that 43.2 grams (or 1.8 oz.) is not much weed at all.

Well if somebody is helping him pay for it he could afford it, and no he couldn't afford it and its total guess and I could care less what is implied.
And if a relative is pumping money into his account, there's nothing wrong with that. And you saying you're totally guessing that he couldn't on his own and you don't care what's implied speaks for itself...

And if a relative is pumping money into his account, there's nothing wrong with that. And you saying you're totally guessing that he couldn't on his own and you don't care what's implied speaks for itself...
Good, and the worlds all sunshine and rainbows.

Na, I just try not to assume guilt. Especially the money aspect. I mean don't get me wrong, he probably wasn't on his way to church.
Amen to that! Choir practice doesn't go that late.

ever heard of fingerprints?

4 blunts in one ounce?

Who are you Tommy Chong?

Here is an image of a 20-gram blunt

5xgDR.jpg

Please, tell me again that 43.2 grams (or 1.8 oz.) is not much weed at all.

so, for our 2nd question Bob...how many joints in a lid?

uhhh...2.

2?

yeah, I roll big joints.

Well, we'll have to check with the judges on that...The judges say all right they roll big joints too!

so, for our 2nd question Bob...how many joints in a lid?

uhhh...2.

2?

yeah, I roll big joints.

Well, we'll have to check with the judges on that...The judges say all right they roll big joints too!

Awesome, you knew I was thinking of that exact sketch when I referenced Tommy Chong

I guess its all subjective to what is a lot but I had roommates that would smoke every day morning, noon, and night and would go through a quarter ounce of weed a week. So this would last him 6 weeks smoking 3-4 times a day(Although I live in VT and the weed is probably a lot better than the schwag in NC so he doesn't have to smoke as much of it). So maybe some people think thats not much but I'm sure a lot of people do think its a lot. Again its subjective.

I do think its funny that we test a few kids positive for drvgs and submit it late to the NCAA. We admit it should have been done earlier based on our own policies and people start talking about lack of control and we will have sanctions against us. Then this happens to UNC and eh, no big deal.

Jumping to conclusions but I bet if this was CJ Fair it would be all over the news.

I guess its all subjective to what is a lot but I had roommates that would smoke every day morning, noon, and night and would go through a quarter ounce of weed a week. So this would last him 6 weeks smoking 3-4 times a day(Although I live in VT and the weed is probably a lot better than the schwag in NC so he doesn't have to smoke as much of it). So maybe some people think thats not much but I'm sure a lot of people do think its a lot. Again its subjective.

I do think its funny that we test a few kids positive for drvgs and submit it late to the NCAA. We admit it should have been done earlier based on our own policies and people start talking about lack of control and we will have sanctions against us. Then this happens to UNC and eh, no big deal.

Jumping to conclusions but I bet if this was CJ Fair it would be all over the news.
Hey hey hey....

Smoke weed everyday.

Nate dogg? Rip

They did not want to get caught with the gun. It is not legal to own a gun that is not registered. Serial numbers will reveal all. If there are no serial numbers, that is a crime. The fact that they threw it out the window probably means that they do not have legal ownership of the gun. Why would they have a gun and bullets? It is not a hunting weapon.

Yikes. What are you talking about, "registered"?? I don't even know what that means. I guess there are some states where the subjects have to "register" weapons, but I know nothing of that and strongly assume North Carolina would not be one of those. As I pointed out, it is illegal to be in possession of a gun with no serial number or the serial number defaced, but as was pointed out, NC is still a free state - having open carry. He doesn't need to have a "reason" to possess a gun or ammunition and hunting has nothing to do with it. Bottom line, unless he or someone in the car is felon, the serial numbers are destroyed, it was stolen, or can be linked to a crime - I don't see any charges happening related to it.

There are states where you have to register your pistols. If you carry on your person or in your vehicle and get pulled over and the pistol isn't registered, automatic trip to jail, and mandatory jail time. It used to only be a misdemeanor but now that may have changed.

There are states where you have to register your pistols. If you carry on your person or in your vehicle and get pulled over and the pistol isn't registered, automatic trip to jail, and mandatory jail time. It used to only be a misdemeanor but now that may have changed.

If NC really has open carry like was stated above, this can't possibly an issue there though.

NC seems a bit in odd that a person needs a permit to acquire a handgun, but not to possess one. Odd. But in Durham county, pistols must be registered with the sheriff's department.

Whatever ... nothing is going to come of this.