UNC, Notre Dame, Mich St, NC State, ECU Online | Syracusefan.com

UNC, Notre Dame, Mich St, NC State, ECU Online

With Mich state out, have to think any B1G opting back in is less likely...

With ND at least 2 weeks off(I suspect indefinitely) and UNC out? Does that affect the ACC?

With Mich state out, have to think any B1G opting back in is less likely...

With ND at least 2 weeks off(I suspect indefinitely) and UNC out? Does that affect the ACC?
Out ? UNC is still planning on playing football, if that’s what you meant.

Does this invite cheating from programs to keep players eligible?

Moreso than already occurs

Out ? UNC is still planning on playing football, if that’s what you meant.
I meant the NCAA mandate said no students, no sports... But here we are.

I meant the NCAA mandate said no students, no sports... But here we are.
Yea, think you have a gray area , or loophole, I believe ND is saying they are shutting down in person classes temporarily, so technically they aren’t shutting it down and both UNC and ND are pushing on with football.

ACC plan floating around to reduce campus capacity to 20%. That way they can make football $$ and say the athletes are just regular students that happened to stay.

ACC plan floating around to reduce campus capacity to 20%. That way they can make football $$ and say the athletes are just regular students that happened to stay.
But how much would the schools loose by havIng to refund to the general student body room and board costs?

Yea, think you have a gray area , or loophole, I believe ND is saying they are shutting down in person classes temporarily, so technically they aren’t shutting it down and both UNC and ND are pushing on with football.

I have a tough time believing that:
  1. Shutting down temporarily doesn't mean permanently. How will the situation improve?
  2. That schools will try this again in the spring.
With that said, I still cannot believe that schools are bringing so many students back in the midst of a pandemic.

But how much would the schools loose by havIng to refund to the general student body room and board costs?
Beats me. Have to think its a veiled attempt to say that they are student athletes. No students, but players, is an admission that they are there for the $$$.

Maybe they are thinking they can profit longer off of the athletic department that way, and they are factoring that in. 2020 may be the year the NCAA slaughters itself.

@PeteThamel

Spoke to Notre Dame AD Jack Swarbrick. ND is pausing football practice for a day to address team questions related to the school’s decision to move all classes on-line for two weeks. Swarbrick said there were logistical questions to be resolved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom