Who do you want to win the Natty?

• UNC - #goACC

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • Nova - #gooldBigEast

Votes: 42 59.2%
  • too soon - #gfys

Votes: 5 7.0%

• Total voters
What possible effect could my cheering for one team or another have on who attends what school anywhere?
If a butterfly flaps its wings...

It doesn't but I just don't get why you would want them to win. Do you want Quade Green to go there?

I get that im younger than some of you holding this "Big East Forever" flag but at some point can we move on?

We're in the ACC and UNC winning a title does nothing to us but boost the conferences stock.

The Big East is made up of a bunch of annoyingly scrappy schools that are all somewhat regionally located around us and we don't need them stealing recruits from us.

I can't wait for the P5 to run CBB like it does CFB, but yea, let's root for a school in a nearby city who is trying to take a top recruit from us. Sounds great.

I cant like this post enough. All this northeast, BE crap is just silly nonsense out of the Dave Gavitt handbook. It is in the past. Nova winning does nothing good for SU...conversely, we actually make $ from UNC winning.

That's just platitudinal rhetoric, and it's simply not true.
Lol. I know. I was joking.

I just don't get it is all I'm saying. You're rooting affects nothing but if I told you a Nova title could cause us to lose a top PG recruit to Nova while UNC does nothing to us and brings more prestige to the conference were actually in, then I just don't get that line of thought.

I get that im younger than some of you holding this "Big East Forever" flag but at some point can we move on?

We're in the ACC and UNC winning a title does nothing to us but boost the conferences stock.

The Big East is made up of a bunch of annoyingly scrappy schools that are all somewhat regionally located around us and we don't need them stealing recruits from us.

I can't wait for the P5 to run CBB like it does CFB, but yea, let's root for a school in a nearby city who is trying to take a top recruit from us. Sounds great.

I've never really understood how Dook/UNC winning all these titles has helped the Georgia Techs of the world. But otherwise I mostly agree. I see a lot more Nova than I do UNC under the "also considering __" section of our recruits. Plus as others mentioned, Villafreakingnova shouldn't have more 'ships than us. It's bad enough Uconn & NIT St do.

Villanova for me. Too much arrogance on the Carolina side for me.

UNC...but not for some conference loyalty garbage.

I don't want Nova to have. Two titles nor do I want them to have leverage with recruiting.

Well always be below UNCs tier.

There is simply no connection between my cheering for one team or another, even whether I watch the game or not, and SU.
Correct, but there are repurcussions which are negative for SU should Nova win, which is why I dont want them to. There is no disputing fans have no influence on the game.

Correct, but there are repurcussions which are negative for SU should Nova win, which is why I dont want them to. There is no disputing fans have no influence on the game.

THIS.
We don't need a world where 'Nova has won a NC, and is recruiting directly against us for NE talent.

UNC - meh. They've won so many times, what's one more?
No downside (for us) in that, since we rarely beat them out for recruits anyway.

The fact that it also strengthens our conference #brand, and we get a little more $ if they win, are positives.

I cant like this post enough. All this northeast, BE crap is just silly nonsense out of the Dave Gavitt handbook. It is in the past. Nova winning does nothing good for SU...conversely, we actually make $ from UNC winning.

Will we have to give the money back when the title is vacated?

Why do I care if SU gets money from UNC's success? Will the tickets be cheaper next year at the Dome? Will they take a buck off the beer and dome dog prices?

Lol. I know. I was joking.

I just don't get it is all I'm saying. You're rooting affects nothing but if I told you a Nova title could cause us to lose a top PG recruit to Nova while UNC does nothing to us and brings more prestige to the conference were actually in, then I just don't get that line of thought.
If UNC wasn't facing the NCAA sanctions because of a decade plus of systemic academic fraud, for which it might get less of a penalty than SU did for a single term paper written in part for one of its players, then yes, I'd be inclined to agree wholeheartedly. Now there was the matter of two basketball players being paid to work at the YMCA, which wasn't accused of being a no show job, but apparently student athletes oughtn't to work in any capacity per the NCAA and be paid for it during the school year. Which may be ok if your parents have disposable income but not if they are poor and can't give you an allowance to cover the many incidental items college students want and need. And the not calling the parents of whichever players violated the school's voluntary marijuana policy. These are all three relatively trivial violations for what was a decade of investigation by the NCAA into SU basketball. But if UNC isn't strongly penalized for its apparent academic transgressions, then the NCAA claiming to care about the student athletes' education is totally bogus.

I win my pool with a nova win, so easy choice for me. Won't mind a unc win though.

This is easy. UNC. Here's why. We don't need another NE school siting in the middle of our recruiting area with more NC's than us, and a coach who we can currently say doesn't have one, to get one.

UNC winning is best for our program...and that's where my loyalty lies.

This is easy. UNC. Here's why. We don't need another NE school siting in the middle of our recruiting area with more NC's than us, and a coach who we can currently say doesn't have one, to get one.

UNC winning is best for our program...and that's where my loyalty lies.
Agreed. (But still rooting for Nova):crazy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom