Who do you want to win the Natty?

• UNC - #goACC

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • Nova - #gooldBigEast

Votes: 42 59.2%
  • too soon - #gfys

Votes: 5 7.0%

• Total voters
Not watching -- although as much as all of us might want to rep the ACC now, we all know we have a soft spot for the remnants of the good old BE.
Piss on the BE. I heard an interview with Kittles today, he said he could never root for SU, ever. To hell with them and that whole conference.

I have to go with Nova just because a guy I work with is a fence sitter UNC fan and has no clue about basketball. I could write a short story here about my last conversation with him but I'll just say that he told me I should be happy that SU is in the ACC now so at least we'd be relevant.

Go Nova and then burn the place down.

I hate UNC - always, have, always will.
Don't care if they are ACC or not - I want to see Nova smack them down like they did to Oklahoma.
Also have a lot more respect for Jay Wright than Roy Williams - would rather see Jay win a title than see Roy get another one.

I hate UNC - always, have, always will.
Don't care if they are ACC or not - I want to see Nova smack them down like they did to Oklahoma.
Also have a lot more respect for Jay Wright than Roy Williams - would rather see Jay win a title than see Roy get another one.

would like SU's future coach to win a natty before he gets to the hill

Nova. I'll always be a big east guy. F unc.

Double F UNC. I'd sooner be shot in a pile of my own , set on fire and thrown off a tall building than cheer for UNC.

Double F UNC. I'd sooner be shot in a pile of my own , set on fire and thrown off a tall building than cheer for UNC.
For me its not so much cheering for UNC as it is cheering against Nova

Piss on the BE. I heard an interview with Kittles today, he said he could never root for SU, ever. To hell with them and that whole conference.

And in that case, F Kerry Kittles. I couldn't possibly give a what he thinks. He doesn't speak for Villanova basketball, and I have a lot of respect for Jay Wright. He seems to get it done his way.

For me its not so much cheering for UNC as it is cheering against Nova

Fair enough, I don't mind 'Nova, I just loathe UNC. I mean, I hate the ground they walk on. F Dean Smth, anf F the 4 corner stall. I'd dig his ass back up and shoot it for that.

Last edited:
Rooting for Nova big time, think UNC takes it though.

And in that case, F Kerry Kittles. I couldn't possibly give a what he thinks. He doesn't speak for Villanova basketball, and I have a lot of respect for Jay Wright. He seems to get it done his way.
As an alum, Kittles does speak for them. Wright is a likeable guy, but I have zero love for Nova and that conference.

I want Villanova to lose solely because Arcidiacono plays for Villanova.

I have mixed feelings on the kid. You just know he would be someone absolutely loved if at SU. Plus, he's a four-year player (specifically at point), something that as of recent has been eluding us (with the exception of Coon and Silent J).

The national media portrays Villanova as a Philly school. The school does not really represent the city in anyway (white collar, rich suburban kids, conservative, it's the freakin Mainline!!) outside of being a rallying point. Every Big 5 school pulls for each other except Villanova.
I tried (unsuccessfully) to explain this phenomenon on this board last year. I guess you have to live here.

I want Villanova to lose solely because Arcidiacono plays for Villanova.
I don't get the hate for this kid .. his is a great player and competitor. Both of theses teams are playing at another level and I'm only hoping for for great game to cap off what turned out to be an incredible season .. a final four is nothing to sneeze at ..

I don't get the hate for this kid .. his is a great player and competitor. Both of theses teams are playing at another level and I'm only hoping for for great game to cap off what turned out to be an incredible season .. a final four is nothing to sneeze at ..

When he was a freshman-soph it seemed he spent the entire game running into opponents and being a general nuisance, kind of like Aaron Craft on caffeine. But since then he seems to have really changed from that and has improved and become a very good player and team leader. Someone mentioned above, I think, we'd have loved to have him and I agree with that completely.

I get that im younger than some of you holding this "Big East Forever" flag but at some point can we move on?

We're in the ACC and UNC winning a title does nothing to us but boost the conferences stock.

The Big East is made up of a bunch of annoyingly scrappy schools that are all somewhat regionally located around us and we don't need them stealing recruits from us.

I can't wait for the P5 to run CBB like it does CFB, but yea, let's root for a school in a nearby city who is trying to take a top recruit from us. Sounds great.

Im rooting for unc, never had a big dislike for them like i have for duke. Screw nova. Probably wont watch anyway.

I can't wait for the P5 to run CBB like it does CFB, but yea, let's root for a school in a nearby city who is trying to take a top recruit from us. Sounds great.

What possible effect could my cheering for one team or another have on who attends what school anywhere?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom