UNC Postgame Thoughts | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Postgame Thoughts

My other post got deleted. Probably because I called our coach a word that can be described by oversized shoes and a big red nose. Our ____ head coach punted on 4th and 6.

Dude is lost way too much on game day.

We were at Chapel Hill for the game this afternoon. There was a clear momentum swing with the blocked punt. Defense did enough to stop UNC deep in their end got abused by the refs on that call. Same momentum swing with Clemson when Shrader got his bell rung on the targeting hit and fumble. Both plays changed the course of the outcome of the game.

What we saw today was the OL not being able to give Shrader time to find receivers. Defensive secondary with no press-coverage on UNC receivers and Drake Maye with time to pick them apart.

Defense had difficulty tackling RBs. Coordinators and coaches have to win with who they brought to the dance and UNC is simply bigger, quicker and faster.

When we were down 30-7 halfway through the third quarter, the outcome was certain. We were not scoring 4 more touchdowns to make the game competitive. Coaching decisions on specific plays were not going to change the outcome. The game was already over.

Recruiting (and keeping) elite football athletes is the key to SUs future success. We got beat by a better, more talented team, pure and simple.

Last edited:
Lance Leipold
Sean Lewis
Kevin Flood
Chadwell
Ruggiero
Marrone
Muschamp
Jim Knowles
Brian Hartline

you expect Syracuse to hire away a Big 10 coach? That’s funny.

and who are these big football boosters that you speak of? Sure the department has some bigger boosters but not many just football boosters
Never said hire a b10 coach. I just think it’s time for new blood.

Do you think Dino is the answer? If so, why?

By the same people who said that this is the best group of receivers

I don't want kick those posters when their down but myself and others tried to pump the brakes on taking away to much from a few really ad opponents. Unfortunately we were spot on, the Wrs beyond Oronde have struggled and in some cases mightily against peer or upper level schools. Amazing that in year 8 of an offensive coach we have 1 legit receiving skill position player.

Tired.
Just gdammed...tired of this isht.
The perennial "Dino Swoon" is earlier then usual this season, but it's no longer shocking, or a surprise. Indeed, it's now expected. And as always, it's defined by a total lack of competitiveness 2,3,4 times, every single year.
It appears that this is now our accepted level of set expectations. As fans, we have to decide if it's enough, because the Administration certainly seems to have already done so. I know I keep expecting more from the program- maybe I'm wrong.
This is SU football. Yaaay?!

Last edited:
you expect Syracuse to hire away a Big 10 coach? That’s funny.

and who are these big football boosters that you speak of? Sure the department has some bigger boosters but not many just football boosters
Recruiting.
The bottom line is the players we idolize and think are elite just simply aren’t. Duce and carter are prime examples. Are they good sure, But they are not elite players as we see with both of them buried. Our qb who I like was a wr at a mid tier sec school.

I’m so tired of reading this. I’m not saying it isn’t true but 19-41 in ACC play, I’m sure somebody out there could do a better job.

Nobody is saying Saban is coming here but I think we can expect a little better than 19-41.

Tired.
Just gdammed...tired of this isht.
The annual "Dino Swoon" is earlier then usual this season, but it's no longer shocking, or a surprise. Indeed, it's now expected. And as always, it's defined by a total lack of competitiveness 2,3,4 times, every single year.
It appears that this is now our accepted level of set expectations. As fans, we have to decide if it's enough, because the Administration certainly seems to have already done so. I know I keep expecting more from the program- maybe I'm wrong.
This is SU football. Yaaay?!
Our collective heads can take no more good sir

Unless we get someone who can recruit 5 star players and transfers, we'll end up right back where we started from.

Would you let Beck have a shot, or is he disqualified now?
This is a weak argument. What we are now is a non-competitive ACC team who gets smoked by anyone good and can beat the cupcakes and get a conference win here and there vs BC or VTech. Anybody can do that not named Greg Robinson.

And absolutely not on Beck - Clean house means clean house…. Babers has shown he can’t be competitive at all in this conference on a consistent basis. He’s had more than enough time to get it there. LOVE him as a human and think he’s a decent head coach but it’s absolutely time.

Edit to add: Coaches I want would be Dan Mullen or Liam Cohen from UK

Best we can do now is go 4-0 against a crappy non-conference schedule then go 2-6 in conference and make a bowl. Might be a great season if we go 3-5 in the conference games. This is what we can hope for under Babers...

That is exactly what we use to make fun of Rutgers for, on this board. Like non-stop now we are happy to just be like they were.

Whenever and however they replace babers, they need to define their program around throwing the ball. They're not going to stop QBs like the one they played today. We are not ever getting a better defensive coach than long. It doesn't matter, guys like maye will torch.

Hit the portal, find a single threat QB, go four wide all day

Whenever and however they replace babers, they need to define their program around throwing the ball. They're not going to stop QBs like the one they played today. We are not ever getting a better defensive coach than long. It doesn't matter, guys like maye will torch.

And get an offensive line to protect him.

I agree that is why I was originally behind the Babers hire. Thought he would bring that kind of offense to the dome but after 8 years that isn't going to happen.

Jim Knowles? muschamp? Jesus
I would take these dudes over Dino 100%. They are good enough for 2 of the biggest programs in college ball, but not Cuse haha.

Unless you mean they are not possible to get.. if so, probably right. Cuse will look in the MAC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom