Uniform of the day for UConn... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Uniform of the day for UConn...

the fact people complain weekly about the uniforms give me hope for the future of Syracuse football. People actually care enough to yearn for the success of the past and how it looked. Not sure why this annoys anyone.

I'm not sure what "tangents" are available on the uniform issue - would you prefer discussing whether the players should be outfitted in a certain kind of fabric?;
They should definitely be outfitted in cotton uniforms, not polyester.
upload_2016-9-22_14-59-50.jpeg

Iowa is another example I think. One year, they added some ugly stripes to the shoulder pad area but got rid of those pretty quickly. Other than that, they have kept the same traditional look that Hayden Fry worked to come up with when he got the program turned around - the Tigerhawk on the helmet and the black and gold look modeled after the Steelers.

I love the Iowa uniforms, probably my 2nd favorite only to Michigan.

the fact people complain weekly about the uniforms give me hope for the future of Syracuse football. People
actually care enough to yearn for the success of the past and how it looked. Not sure why this annoys anyone.

Incessant complaining is never a good look. I come from the "take your complaint to those who can make change or shush up" school.

Agree. For some reason, Alabama, Ohio State, Auburn, Nebraska, Oklahoma, USC, et al., don't feel the need to change uniforms.

Weird how all those teams are behemoths in college football. Did the uni do that?

They make enough money and are successful enough they can leave money on the table from Nike/UA, etc. They also don't need to stand out - because they win. A lot.

Agree. For some reason, Alabama, Ohio State, Auburn, Nebraska, Oklahoma, USC, et al., don't feel the need to change uniforms.
LOL

Weird how these teams seem to always get brought up in Syracuse Football discussions as a comparison programs.

FYI - at this moment in time we have absolutely zero in common with these teams.

Zero point Zero.

I'm from southeastern PA and heading up to Rochester to see family this weekend. Can anybody tell me the best place to watch a Cuse game in Rochester?

Moontan said:
Home: Orange-Blue-Orange Away: Orange-White-Orange 2-3 times per year do something different (Orange-out, etc.) End of thread. ;)

Once a year an orange out and you nail the rest.

The worst combo was blue pants, blue jersey and white helmet.
I actually thought that was a cool combo.

I like the traditional combos with some variations, all orange, all white, etc.

The worst combo was blue pants, blue jersey and white helmet.
That is truly horrendous but what about the Civil War reenactment uni's we wore against Duke? I was actually embarrassed.

Yep. As posted non-stop by myself: Old fans want the old uni's because of nostalgia. Players don't have those ties. That's where the needle is currently pointing. Is there a happy medium? Probably. Will Wildhack seek one out? Probably.

But complaining every week is insane.

I agree. The kids we are recruiting these days weren't alive or born for the Mac era time-frame at SU. They don't know who Coach Mac is nor do they care what SU wore when he was coaching them.

The uniforms are about the NOW players, not about the fans and what we want. If the players like these new combinations and white helmets or blue helmets or whatever, then who are any of we to constantly complain about it. It's really not that big a deal.

Things evolve, time goes on, things change. From uniforms to stadiums. From pro sports to college, uniforms change all the time. IF we were winning games every week nobody would give a you know what if the team trotted out in hot pink and lime green every game. SU fans would justify it as "new tradition, new era" and mock anyone who made fun of it. And you know that's the truth!

Stern said:
I agree. The kids we are recruiting these days weren't alive or born for the Mac era time-frame at SU. They don't know who Coach Mac is nor do they care what SU wore when he was coaching them. The uniforms are about the NOW players, not about the fans and what we want. If the players like these new combinations and white helmets or blue helmets or whatever, then who are any of we to constantly complain about it. It's really not that big a deal. Things evolve, time goes on, things change. From uniforms to stadiums. From pro sports to college, uniforms change all the time. IF we were winning games every week nobody would give a you know what if the team trotted out in hot pink and lime green every game. SU fans would justify it as "new tradition, new era" and mock anyone who made fun of it. And you know that's the truth!

What does any of that have to do with the color combos? Are you saying the players and the recruits who were there hated the uniforms we wore vs usf?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom