Updated Bowl Projections | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Updated Bowl Projections

Whatever Brian. I can't wait for your next 6000 posts saying the same thing before the day is over. All I'm saying is the team didn't get great fan support most of the year. It would be nice to support our best team in years in their last game even if we're not happy with the bowl, which isn't even a sure thing yet. No need to reply - we all know what you're going to say.
We haven't been good in years. Can't blame them for taking a wait and see approach. And considering we just played at yankees. Stadium can't blame them for not going again.

Whatever Brian. I can't wait for your next 6000 posts saying the same thing before the day is over. All I'm saying is the team didn't get great fan support most of the year. It would be nice to support our best team in years in their last game even if we're not happy with the bowl, which isn't even a sure thing yet. No need to reply - we all know what you're going to say.

But it is a sure thing. Gigolo said so. You know, the Bob Woodward of sports journalists. It’s been a great season and will continue to be one no matter where we go. Do hope for CW but we shall see

CNY Central saying: If Oklahoma goes to CFP, it could mean Texas is headed to a New Year's Six Bowl. Which means West Virginia might move up to the Alamo Bowl. Which means Camping World may not want SU since WVU would head elsewhere. I'd put my money on Sun Bowl or Pinstripe Bowl ... for now.

CNY Central saying: If Oklahoma goes to CFP, it could mean Texas is headed to a New Year's Six Bowl. Which means West Virginia might move up to the Alamo Bowl. Which means Camping World may not want SU since WVU would head elsewhere. I'd put my money on Sun Bowl or Pinstripe Bowl ... for now.
How is a 4 loss Texas going to a ny 6 bowl?

Automatic conference tie. As the highest available team, they go. Just like we would be in the Orange Bowl this year if it wasn’t part of the playoffs.
How is a 4 loss Texas going to a ny 6 bowl?

They got the first half right. We’ve said that on this forum a dozen times.

What about the cost of ticket allotments compared to the payout for Syracuse at the possible bowls ? If SU goes to the Camping World Bowl then the payout is 2.275 million. If SU goes to the Sun Bowl then the payout is 2.15 million. If SU goes to the Pinstripe bowl then the payout is $2 million. Since Syracuse has to buy their allotment of tickets to any of the bowls they make, wouldn't it be smart to go to Pinstripe rather than the other bowls. I understand that going South would be great for SU fans and promoting the SU brand but having a "home game" and a win for your program is also good for the program.

What about the cost of ticket allotments compared to the payout for Syracuse at the possible bowls ? If SU goes to the Camping World Bowl then the payout is 2.275 million. If SU goes to the Sun Bowl then the payout is 2.15 million. If SU goes to the Pinstripe bowl then the payout is $2 million. Since Syracuse has to buy their allotment of tickets to any of the bowls they make, wouldn't it be smart to go to Pinstripe rather than the other bowls. I understand that going South would be great for SU fans and promoting the SU brand but having a "home game" and a win for your program is also good for the program.
Nope

all bowl money is shared among the conference so the payout means nothing and with our lack of bowl games for several years i am pretty sure we will do ok with whatever allotment is for any bowl we in

I think what he is saying is staying closer to home may sell more tickets and hence better financially for the school as well as better home field advantage. Still not sure I agree with that rationale to be ok with Pinstripe but it wasn’t just a “nope” kind of question
Nope

I think what he is saying is staying closer to home may sell more tickets and hence better financially for the school as well as better home field advantage. Still not sure I agree with that rationale to be ok with Pinstripe but it wasn’t just a “nope” kind of question
after a bunch of fans just went to yankee stadium 2 weeks ago not sure we weill sell more than elsewhere

after a bunch of fans just went to yankee stadium 2 weeks ago not sure we weill sell more than elsewhere

What type of allotment do we get, 6k. Say we sell at least half for both bowl games. Now were talking about 3k tickets. Now lets say the average ticket price is $100. Thats $300k. Kind of small change for a team getting like $30m a year from tv money alone.

If im off on the ticket allotments, apologies in advance.

What type of allotment do we get, 6k. Say we sell at least half for both bowl games. Now were talking about 3k tickets. Now lets say the average ticket price is $100. Thats $300k. Kind of small change for a team getting like $30m a year from tv money alone.

If im off on the ticket allotments, apologies in advance.
I believe the ACC has the same rule for the second place team but as luck would have it the ACC is tied to the Orange Bowl which part of the playoff in 2018. As a result we get screwed out of a New Years bowl game in 2018.

not 100 % sure of camping or pinstripe. think its 6000 for sun as i read nc state only sold 3000 to there game there last year which was 50 %

ESPN - College football bowl projections after Week 14

Camping World Bowl
Camping World Stadium, Orlando, Florida
Dec. 28, 5:15 p.m. (ESPN)
Bonagura: Syracuse vs. Iowa State
Sherman: West Virginia vs. Syracuse
I think the two sites best positioned to be in the know on Camping World are the Orlando Sentinel and ESPN (ESPN owns Camping World). Both have Syracuse in Orlando, with both ESPN analysts agreeing.

The next guy I have the most confidence in is Jerry Palm of Cbssports. He says SU to Camping World.

However, Stewart Mandell of The Athletic has confidence Syracuse is going to the Pinstripe. Not sure he is a bowl expert, but he is a respected journalist.

Joe Giglio of the Raleigh News Observer claimed to have excellent inside info. He has changed his story several times but as of right now, says if Iowa State is the choice of Camping World, NC State will join them there. But he has been conspicuously quiet on this for a long time now. That behavior is something I would expect from someone who is wrong. He doubled and tripled down earlier; this is very uncharacteristic for him. If he gets confirmation he is right, he will tweet it immediately.

Most everyone thinks Iowa State is a lock for Camping World, but if you read Iowa newspapers, they think because they travel better than WVU, and beat WVU head to head, they should get selected for Alamo before the Mountainerrs. They think it is a choice between tickets sold (Iowa State) and TV ratings (WVU led by Heisman candidate Will Grier).

Utter chaos hours before the selection show. I guess the ratings should be really high.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom