US Men's Team | Syracusefan.com

US Men's Team

SUfanNC

All Conference
I was just curious if anyone was going to any of their games this summer? There are 2 I am interested in the friendly with Germany and the qualifier with Mexico. Actually I would like to go to any but those are the ones that I would prefer.

I am bumping my own thread! Someone has to be going to a game this summer! I want to live vicariously damn it

Even though it's a B team, I'll go to the Gold Cup Final at Soldier Field if we make it.

I have never been to a USMN game and I am dying to go. It may not be this summer but it is coming. I can feel it!

A few friends and I may be swinging to the US v Belgium friendly. Should be a good time

I went to US-Brazil at FedEx Field last year. Great time. If anybody lives close enough to check out a US WCQ it should be done because they're usually in soccer specific stadiums and a better atmosphere. Team wise I'm hoping Klinsmann actually starts to use lineups and tactics that represent his constant talk about scoring goals So far he's been a super-defensive coach.

I've been to the WQC games vs Mexico @ Columbus in 2005 (right after Hurricane Katrina) and Feb 2009. I plan to see another WCQ this cycle as well. I just don't know which.

belgium is one of my darkhorse faves in 2014 if they qualify.

Probably won't be a darkhorse for long. Such talent. Kompany, Hazard, Lukaku, Fellaini, Dembele, Benteke etc. Lots of established EPL starters in there. US got destroyed.

Probably won't be a darkhorse for long. Such talent. Kompany, Hazard, Lukaku, Fellaini, Dembele, Benteke etc. Lots of established EPL starters in there. US got destroyed.

And rightfully so. The knock on Belgium has always been their inability to turn talent into chemistry and success at the international level. Outside of Dempsey - almost every name you called out is a higher level player than the rest of the US team. The U.S. just needs to continue to improve the MLS product and have more players pulled into europe.

Today is going to be rough if we play like Wednesday. We need more offensive opportunities.

I hope we come out strong. I don't care about winning today. I just want to look respectable. I wish Donovan was playing

So far you're right, it's been very ugly.

For Germany. That was one of the most horrific own goals I've ever seen.

A true howler.

On another note, I love Jozy Altidore. No homo.

+ Mignolet, Vertonghen, Dembele, and one of my favorites who I think will be one of Everton's top scorers next year if healthy > Kevin Mirallas. they are truly stacked.

Great game, but not even close to Germany's best side. I'm not sure that any of these players except maybe Podolski would be in their A squad. And as I type this it's 4-3 now

Just landed in SF and missed the game. Reading the news great to hear Altidore started playing for the national team the way he has been nearly dominant for his club! I didn't see who Germany was going to put out there so assumed they might put a better squad but sounds like it wasnt so.. box shows podolski, mertesecker but most of the rest seem like their younger guys besides Klose - who as good as he is , is aging quickly and usually a sub.

Lets hope they can carry the form/momentum into 9 straight points the next couple weeks.

Yeah it wasn't Germany's A team but the lineup and roster they put together could probably make the Round of 16 at a World Cup. Altidore showed off his club form. The defense is still very shaky. Lots of positives though. Big match Friday night at The Office (Jamaica).

Yeah it wasn't Germany's A team but the lineup and roster they put together could probably make the Round of 16 at a World Cup. Altidore showed off his club form. The defense is still very shaky. Lots of positives though. Big match Friday night at The Office (Jamaica).
The defense has long been this team's Achilles Heel, and Bocanegra is definitely missed.

And that German depth is why I love the Bundesliga so much. There's enough talent throughout the league that most teams play the high pressing style that is becoming synonymous with German football.

Baby steps, baby steps. You have to beat Germany's B team before you can beat their A team. Great result.

Sometimes you get more effort from B siders in friendlies because they are trying to impress their manager. So you might question the talent level a little, but usually can't question the effort to win.

Baby steps, baby steps. You have to beat Germany's B team before you can beat their A team. Great result.

Sometimes you get more effort from B siders in friendlies because they are trying to impress their manager. So you might question the talent level a little, but usually can't question the effort to win.

Thank you. Sick of seeing the "YEAH! but it was their b team". What? You rather we lose?

At the end of the day we have one real star ( Dempsey) who is in great form, a target striker with all the ability in the world who might have finally just broken the ice in international play and some good middies in Bradley/Jones. Add that to having talent on both wings and a good Donovan replacement in Zusi - and I am excited. Would love to see Altidore light up the rest of the qualifiers and put the world on notice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom