USC and UCLA to the Big Ten | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

USC and UCLA to the Big Ten

RIP Pac 12, ACC, and Big 12 with this news today.

USC and UCLA leaving (assuming report is true) is beyond huge on so many levels. It's the LA market leaving the Pac 12 and west coast with nothing.

SEC and Big 10 will each have 30 or 32 schools, they break away from the NCAA. Don't have to worry about any rules at all. Cut their own TV deal which will be on the level of the NFL money wise.

THIS.IS.HAPPENING!

My end game scenario. 3 conference with 24 members each and ND remain independent with schedule alliance.

SEC (24) 1/5 + 6 + 2misc = 14 games
Eastern Conference

Florida (FSU)
•Florida St (UF)
Georgia (GT)
•Georgia Tech (UGA)
•Clemson (USC)
South Carolina (CU)
Kentucky (UL)
•Louisville (UK)
•Virginia (VT)
•Virginia Tech (UVA)
•North Carolina (NCSU)
•NC State (UNC)
Western Conference
Alabama (AU)
Auburn (BAMA)
Tennessee (VANDY)
Vanderbilt (TENN)
Ole Miss (MISS ST)
Mississippi St (MISS)
LSU (TAMU)
Arkansas (MIZZOU)
Missouri (ARK)
Oklahoma (UT)
Texas (OU)
Texas A&M (LSU)

BIG (24) 1/5 + 6 + 2misc = 14 games
Eastern Conference

Maryland
Rutgers
Penn St
Ohio St
Michigan
Indiana
Purdue
Michigan St
Northwestern
Wisconsin
Illinois
Iowa
Western Conference
USC
UCLA
Stanford
California
Oregon
Washington
Arizona
Utah
Colorado
Kansas
Nebraska
Minnesota

ACC Big 12 (24)
ACC (1/5 + 6 + 2misc) = 14 games

Boston College (MA)
Syracuse (NY)
Pittsburgh (PA)
West Virginia (WV)
Cincinnati (OH)
Duke (NC)
Wake Forest (NC)
UCF (FL)
Miami (FL)
Tulane (LA)
Baylor (TX)
Houston (TX)
Big 12 (1/5 + 6 + 2misc) = 14 games
Iowa St (IA)
Kansas St (KS)
Oklahoma St (OK)
Texas Tech (TX)
TCU (TX)
Colorado St (CO)
BYU (UT)
Boise St (ID)
Oregon St (OR)
Washington St (WA)
Arizona St (AZ)
San Diego St (CA)

Notre Dame could play two games against each conference division plus Navy and Army to get to 14 games.

Last edited:
If they want to be "True" super conferences then they need to get rid of the dead weight...ie: Rutgers, Vany, etc...
In a two super conference model you need some dead weight. Otherwise all the teams will beat up on each other

Under this model the SEC will pick off seven or eight ACC teams to get to 24 members.

Why? Schools like Notre Dame, SU, BC, Pitt, UVA, UNC, Duke, GA Tech, Miami have more in common with the B1G schools. And if the B1G struck first they could convince FSU and Clemson as well. The B1G could easily get to 36 teams and leave the SEC with leftovers (some combo of NC State, VA Tech, Louisville, WV, Oklahoma State, Kansas State) to get to 18/20.

RIP Pac 12, ACC, and Big 12 with this news today.

USC and UCLA leaving (assuming report is true) is beyond huge on so many levels. It's the LA market leaving the Pac 12 and west coast with nothing.

SEC and Big 10 will each have 30 or 32 schools, they break away from the NCAA. Don't have to worry about any rules at all. Cut their own TV deal which will be on the level of the NFL money wise.

THIS.IS.HAPPENING!
I’m sure it will happen . It’s just no as fun as it was in the old days , legit reasons set aside

I can't keep up with this.

Just stay competitive in basketball.

Just be fun and at least entertaining in football wherever we end up.

College sports has fully taken a backseat for me, regardless, outside of Cuse.

I'm going back to following NBA free agency now.

Welp….,we’re screwed. FSU and Clemson can’t be far behind.

Well screwed for football. I'd be quietly tap dancing with the Big East right now about the basketball project Gavitt started with us as his engine.

As for football, i'm at the point where wherever we end up will be probably the level to which we should be playing football. If it's a lower level than the ACC so be it. The ACC has never appealed to me football wise. It was a decision based on money and money will end up destroyign said conference.

Why? Schools like Notre Dame, SU, BC, Pitt, UVA, UNC, Duke, GA Tech, Miami have more in common with the B1G schools. And if the B1G struck first they could convince FSU and Clemson as well. The B1G could easily get to 36 teams and leave the SEC with leftovers (some combo of NC State, VA Tech, Louisville, WV, Oklahoma State, Kansas State) to get to 18/20.
I don’t see it that way at all. I think the Big Ten will capture 9 Pac 12 teams plus Kansas. I expect the SEC to counter with 8 ACC teams

I don’t see it that way at all. I think the Big Ten will capture 9 Pac 12 teams plus Kansas. I expect the SEC to counter with 8 ACC teams

The SEC might offer the ACC schools, but IMO the ACC schools would prefer the B1G.

The SEC might offer the ACC schools, but IMO the ACC schools would prefer the B1G.
Again I respectfully disagree with your comment. I think the southern ACC schools would fit in much better with an enlarged SEC conference, especially if the BIG expands west

wouldn’t surprise me if the sec and the b10 strike a deal to carve up the ACC. Will be very interesting to see how this all shakes out.

BTW, it makes no friggin sense for USC and UCLA to move to a Midwest centric conference.

College sports are being ruined.
I don’t think they will be moving to the Big 10 alone. I fully expect Oregon Washington California Arizona Colorado Utah Stanford and Kansas to join them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom