USC and UCLA to the Big Ten | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

USC and UCLA to the Big Ten

I don’t think they will be moving to the big 10 alone. I fully expect Oregon Washington California Arizona Colorado Utah Stanford and Kansas to join them
I kinda think you're right there.

They are building a scheduling and TV alliance

BTW, it makes no friggin sense for USC and UCLA to move to a Midwest centric conference.

College sports are being ruined.
College sports were ruined about 15 years ago, I think some fans are just realizing it now.

And I think fans need to stop talking about it as "college sports". With NIL and Transfer Portal it is "SEMI-PRO SPORTS"

What will happen first?

A) Expanded College Football Playoff
OR
B) Big 10 and SEC Break Away from NCAA and start their own sports league?

I go with B

What will happen first?

OR

I go with B
I will go with A but then B follow quickly

What will happen first?

OR

I go with B
I think both will happen at the same time

Michael Smith is not very informed.

The GOR for the P12 expires in the summer of 2024. The ACC GOR expires 12 years later.

GORs are beatable when you get within a couple of years of the expiration date. The ACC is in a much stronger position.
Not necessarily true if the majority (8) of ACC teams elect to go to the SEC together.

If true, the B10 keeps their tradition going by adding two solid academic schools…not that academics has anything to do with bigtime sports anymore.

They would virtually have to add more western teams to keep the LA schools from spending their entire lives on airplanes.

If true, the B10 keeps their tradition going by adding two solid academic schools…not that academics has anything to do with bigtime sports anymore.

They would virtually have to add more western teams to keep the LA schools from spending their entire lives on airplanes.

USC Women's Soccer is going to be traveling to Piscataway for soccer is just incredible.

I have to believe the Big 10 has eyes on Oregon next. Ties with Nike, they invest a TON of money into sports. The Next Pac 12 school to jump has to be them they are now the best school (sports wise) in that conference.

The conference chairs are once again moving...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 2.41.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 2.41.31 PM.png
    414.1 KB · Views: 123
As with all things run by greed, it's likely to end up as a kind of cancerous thing it's always been lol

You can call it a P5 or a P2 with the same number of teams and our space in it is likely to be similar to what it already is. Any conference realignment without a NY team in it would be shortsighted, all due respect to the dumpster fire in NJ of course

If they go small and only make it a P2 with less teams, it will suck and they'll expand

Not necessarily true if the majority (8) of ACC teams elect to go to the SEC together.
I don't know the bylaws of the ACC but the ones I have read about require a 2/3 majority or 3/4 majority to dissolve.

Are you sure a simple majority is required? That sounds very unlikely.

Even if this was possible, I don't see the SEC taking 8 ACC schools. Who are the 8 you think the SEC would definitely want to take? Pretty sure the SEC schools that share a state with one or more ACC schools will not be on board to change this.

I don't know the bylaws of the ACC but the ones I have read about require a 2/3 majority or 3/4 majority to dissolve.

Even if this was possible, I don't see the SEC taking 8 ACC schools. Who are the 8 you think the SEC would definitely want to take? Pretty sure the SEC schools that share a state with one or more ACC schools will not be on board to change this.
Why I think the big 10 and sec strike a deal to carve up the acc. those teams total 8 or more and unite to dissolve the acc

The SEC could go to a 2 school/state model and add UNC NC St UVA VT Louisville GT Clemson and Florida State

In this scenario it wouldn’t completely shock me to see Duke go to the Ivy League

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom