USC and UCLA to the Big Ten | Page 74 | Syracusefan.com

USC and UCLA to the Big Ten

Oh well I usually always use the microphone because I am busy Are doing multiple things at a time so so I don't have time always to go back and edit .
For some reason the microphone and a lot of my phones I've had trouble picking up exactly what I say or or putting down what I say and saying it twice don't ask me why??

You'd think a Galaxy 21 smartphone which that's laughable "smartphone".

You would think that it would be able to pick up it will pick up and put down correctly what I am saying
Whatever method you are using, try a different one.

Whatever method you are using, try a different one.
Yeah whatever, the come backs you are using. try a different one . All you're doing is making yourself look Uneducated on the topic so you have to deflect with these corny Lil do I know math which I'm obviously talking about 2 or 3 schools out of that bunch .

It's pretty sad I have to explain everything to a bunch of grown men , I guess the stupidity is running rampant everywhere imo and you're making it blatantly obvious. Again imo.

Omg ND IS NOT the only school that can add value!
Both the SEC & BIG added two schools each, regardless of the location! Right, can we agree on that n those 4 will add a tremendous amount of value in many facets including the most important. $$$$.

They obviously both went out and got the best available plus, best for them. Point being with USC 4 example, I'm pretty sure a big part of that was helping them lure ND but also USC IS USC

Let me rephrase - of the available schools no one school can help. Maybe some combo of Arizona and Oregon. But a stand-alone like Kansas does not.

Under this model the SEC will pick off seven or eight ACC teams to get to 24 members.
I'm referring to the ones who cant simply understand simple points.
I am not sure on this one but actually From simple math as that 1 guy said there's 16 in the 2 conf. & Both of them from the rumors are looking at 3 to 5 teams just from the ACC.

I will admit I have not been glued to this story because its outta my control, whatever happens, happens. I check periodically.

i just said pick 2 out that group. i was simply making examples & speaking hypothetically about these options and what could be done.

Honestly if you look at last year, when the “experts” pegged our over/under win total at 4, we lost 3 consecutive games on the final play. Throw in Rutgers where some of the most bizarre officiating since the Tennessee debacle in 1998.
Turn around two PLAYS and the perception is so much different. Playing the silver lining, if we HAD gone 7-5 last year, would Gilbert still be the OC? Think we are much better positioned with the moves that were made.
Can't look at it from one side. The Liberty and Virginia Tech games could easily have been losses. We were a 5-7 team no matter what way you slice and dice it. A wise man named Tuna once said, "Your record is what your record says you are." But I agree with you. We are much better off with Anae and Beck. Gilbert had to go.

Think someone is getting added to my Ignore list today…

(Spoiler - NOT you tep)

make it so.gif

Honestly if you look at last year, when the “experts” pegged our over/under win total at 4, we lost 3 consecutive games on the final play. Throw in Rutgers where some of the most bizarre officiating since the Tennessee debacle in 1998.
Turn around two PLAYS and the perception is so much different. Playing the silver lining, if we HAD gone 7-5 last year, would Gilbert still be the OC? Think we are much better positioned with the moves that were made.
Yep, and I recently rewatched the FSU game and it was even more aggregious than the RU game.

But as you say, I think the record resulted in an upgrade to the staff and a renewed understanding that more resources in general need to be deployed to compete in the ACC.

Can't look at it from one side. The Liberty and Virginia Tech games could easily have been losses. We were a 5-7 team no matter what way you slice and dice it. A wise man named Tuna once said, "Your record is what your record says you are." But I agree with you. We are much better off with Anae and Beck. Gilbert had to go.
I’d rather be a 5-7 team with close games than a 5-7 team with blow outs.

Wonder if Tuna meant “the record” as all available information. ;)

Here is what i know.
At this point no school has legally challenged or been able to get out of a GOR.

The consensus is that a 12 game playoff will be approved to replace the current 4 game within the next 2 years.
This in my opinion is the key to many of the strategic moves that are left.

ND is going to remain independent because they will make enough money without joining a conference for football. They like the fit with the ACC for all other sports. With a 12 team format it is their easiest path to the playoff.

ESPN is in a 30 day exclusive negotiating window with the PAC. ESPN will most likely sign a deal with the PAC that will keep them intact as a league. That deal will include a scheduling agreement with the ACC which will increase the payouts for the ACC.

The ACC will receive 1 automatic bid to the playoff. Clemson and FSU will realize that their best chance of making the playoffs each year will be via the ACC.

The ACC will end up as the third best conference in terms of revenue within 3 years if not sooner and will stay intact.

SU will be competing against the ACC schools, be playing 1 PAC school a year and will still be strong financially and have a punchers chance of making the playoffs.

This is what i believe will happen until the ACC Gor espires at which time i believe we might see 4 16 team super conferences .

Omg ND IS NOT the only school that can add value!
Both the SEC & BIG added two schools each, regardless of the location! Right, can we agree on that n those 4 will add a tremendous amount of value in many facets including the most important. $$$$.

They obviously both went out and got the best available plus, best for them. Point being with USC 4 example, I'm pretty sure a big part of that was helping them lure ND but also USC IS USC

Another one lol number 1 I never said i said that i know what the ACC is doing nor ignore the Nor did I say anything remotely close to me knowing what is going on between the 2 I simply made an opinion about what should be done ! I mean do you guys know how to read ? Some of you of course just the ones leaving me these remarkably crazy messages

OK I'm gonna help you guys out the ones that just can't I cannot get it through their thick heads lol OK what is wrong with going out and getting Oklahoma state? Also I've said numerous times the 2 leading conferences have shown that location means diddily squat, If you just get schools that add value to the overall product. Like the product in the conference like the SEC and big 10 are doing.

Now am I saying at their level, no of course not because because there isn't any teams left at that level besides norder game and that's what you guys are stuck on we are not the big 10 or the SEC all right not at this moment most definitely definitely so you can't expect us 2 teams tour yeto react the way they would If they got an ACC end you see and the 2 big conference offers it's obvious which ones they choose .

Oregon in Washington are obviously 2 big ones imo, Baylor?, iowa st., I'm not huge on them but they've been putting out good teams on both sides as of late.

Also maybe Arizona, Utah and at the same time decimating another conference that probably couldn't do much but one last conference to worry about

Yeah whatever, the come backs you are using. try a different one . All you're doing is making yourself look Uneducated on the topic so you have to deflect with these corny Lil do I know math which I'm obviously talking about 2 or 3 schools out of that bunch .

It's pretty sad I have to explain everything to a bunch of grown men , I guess the stupidity is running rampant everywhere imo and you're making it blatantly obvious. Again imo.
You know, maybe - just maybe - you might generate some legitimate discussion if you took the obnoxious attitude out of every post you make.

Fair warning - you should probably consider any response to this post carefully.

You know, maybe - just maybe - you might generate some legitimate discussion if you took the obnoxious attitude out of every post you make.

Fair warning - you should probably consider any response to this post carefully.

Oh come on, after 72 pages this thread was just starting to get interesting :)

Is this another variation of CuseRunner/CuseHulk? It's like TD's Dad again. And I can't decide if I love it or hate it.

With Apple in on the BIG 10 TV talks to get a bunch of games, now Amazon has jumped in with both feet trying to get Big 10 games

Loyola of Chicago has made the dance more times than SU in the last few years and has a final Four appearance to boot. Going forward SU basketball is going to be in great shape and our football team will continue to play against the best with a chance Albie and outside chance of making the playoffs.

Compared to what we were staring at a few years ago we need to count our blessings. As to JW he is the right guy for the job. He bleeds Orange, Understand the Tv market better than almost anyone on the planet and has put his money where his mouth is. He is fantastic and we are dam lucky to have him.
Let's hope that Dino and his new La Familia of coaches is up to a tough task this year. Let's hope that JB goes out on a winning note and that whoever takes over for Jim leads us back to the upper echelon of college basketball. Go Orange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom