USMNT soccer team thread | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

USMNT soccer team thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jurgen Klinsman is intrigued by the England job. LOL go ahead Jurgen take that no-win job. That team has talent but never gels.

The USA could replace Jurgen and I wouldn't shed a tear. We aren't a world power until we develop talent. Klinsmann has done a good job getting German-American duel citizens into our system and challenged the team with friendlies but I wouldn't be sad too see him go.

He is paid about 10 million per year as the USA coach and technical director. He is not worth that money when Hodgson was only making 6.5 million per year as England coach.

Jurgen Klinsman is intrigued by the England job. LOL go ahead Jurgen take that no-win job. That team has talent but never gels.

The USA could replace Jurgen and I wouldn't shed a tear. We aren't a world power until we develop talent. Klinsmann has done a good job getting German-American duel citizens into our system and challenged the team with friendlies but I wouldn't be sad too see him go.

He is paid about 10 million per year as the USA coach and technical director. He is not worth that money when Hodgson was only making 6.5 million per year as England coach.
He also screwed up the academy program, not allowing kids to also play HS.

This Chile team is a buzz saw. I came away very impressed.

There is an effort underway to have the winner of this year's Euros play Chile.

Hopefully, that happens and becomes the impetus for the following:

1. Copa America moves tourney to two years post World Cup rather than one.
2. This causes all South American teams to send their A teams and the tourney becomes as meaningful as the Euros.
3. The US secures a permanent invite.

Meaningful games against top teams during the World Cup cycle would be huge...

There is an effort underway to have the winner of this year's Euros play Chile.

Hopefully, that happens and becomes the impetus for the following:

1. Copa America moves tourney to two years post World Cup rather than one.
2. This causes all South American teams to send their A teams and the tourney becomes as meaningful as the Euros.
3. The US secures a permanent invite.

Meaningful games against top teams during the World Cup cycle would be huge...

This would be awesome, especially if point #3 comes to fruition. I love this.

Euro qualifiers are always fun. Wonder if they would ever consider a similar format for the Copa. Not as many teams, but it would open the door for all nations in CONMEBOL/CONCACAF to have the opportunity to be involved. I think it would be great for CONCACAF, and CONMEBOL teams would get more "group stage" practice. More of a pipe dream as that wouldn't be enough of a benefit for CONMEBOL teams. Too much risk not getting out of qualifiers and missing the tournament entirely.

Here is what should happen.
Leave the Copa America the year after the World Cup. 16 teams. 10 COMENBOL qualify automatically and 6 CONCACAF have their own qualifying
Make the Gold Cup the same year as the Euros only once every 4 years.
Have CONCACAF qualifying for the Copa America the year before the tournament.
So we would have
World Cup in 2018
Copa America in 2019
Gold Cup in 2020
Copa America Q in 2021

Here is what should happen.
Leave the Copa America the year after the World Cup. 16 teams. 10 COMENBOL qualify automatically and 6 CONCACAF have their own qualifying
Make the Gold Cup the same year as the Euros only once every 4 years.
Have CONCACAF qualifying for the Copa America the year before the tournament.
So we would have
World Cup in 2018
Copa America in 2019
Gold Cup in 2020
Copa America Q in 2021

Hope Guilati and CONCACAF president Victor (won't even try to spell is last name) read this post. ;)

Anybody watching USA/MEX right now?

It's been brutal watching Bradley & Jones look slow & old tonight.

Sad to see USA still making poor decisions/touches in the finishing third of the pitch. They seem content to bunker down and counterattack.

Very careless with the ball; MEX dominated possession in the first half.

Hope Jurgy-cakes switches one or both of Bradley & Jones for the second half but I won't hold my breath. Fabian Johnson has played poorly too.

Really sucked losing Timmy. :(

Thank God Jozy just went beast mode!!

Wood nearly choked on the finish :noidea:

We got a tie game and now we need to get this winner.
Bradley has regressed SO MUCH since he came to MLS in 2012.
We have no world class players beyond Pulisic, Brooks, Johnson, and Wood.
Our MLS guys just suck.

Have no idea how he split the defenders and keep possession. Super cool to finish.

Defender missed the ball on the split and had to let him through or risk a PK in the box.

It was a great move. I'm picky that I wished he'd had a cleaner clinical finish rather than a near save.

Our Bundesliga players are dominating right now. We just need to finish in the last third.

I don't get why Jermaine Jones is on the field. He is old and injured. We need more from the midfield.
Also can Michael Bradley make one pass under pressure. He is awful.

I don't get why Jermaine Jones is on the field. He is old and injured. We need more from the midfield.
Also can Michael Bradley make one pass under pressure. He is awful.

At least Jones' plays physical out there.

I'm a big Bradley fan but I wasn't sad at the prospect of seeing his last game on the national team after the Copa America.

He's too slow & soft on D and has the touch of a rapist on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.