USMNT soccer team thread | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

USMNT soccer team thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'd like to see tonight based on injuries and call-ups

Hybrid 4-3-3 in the attack falling into a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 on defense depending on how much work you want Wood doing.

Chandler has been inform and I didn't like Yedlin when he came on vs. Mexico, albeit at wing. Omar scares me lately with the nats; but Jurgen won't play a left footed center back on the right so it will be Omar.

Jones can cover ground and would shade out wide a bit and allow wood to pinch in as more of a striker. Pulsing playing where he plays for club and attacking from the flank. This also gets Kjlestan in the game for some creativity instead of an outside mid like Bedoya.

The triangle of Kjlestan, Pulisic, and Johnson could be dangerous.

Chandler-Besler-Brooks-Johnson
---------------Bradley
------Jones -------Kjlestan
------------------------------Pulisic
--------Wood--Altidore-----

I prefer Yedlin. In the 4-3-3, the outside backs really have to get up and down...Since we are so turnover-prone, we need his recovery speed.

I'm with you on the 4-3-3. It takes advantage of the best attributes of our best player (Pulisic)...I just worry whether our midfield is good enough...Unfortunately, I don't think they are...especially Jones 30-something legs having to play his second game in 4 days when Klinsmann said he wasn't fit to play 90 minutes...

I would go with Bedoya for Jones. I like Bedoya. Workhorse and you need that in a three-man midfield.

BTW, I should know this but what happened to Nagbe?

I prefer Yedlin. In the 4-3-3, the outside backs really have to get up and down...Since we are so turnover-prone, we need his recovery speed.

I'm with you on the 4-3-3. It takes advantage of the best attributes of our best player (Pulisic)...I just worry whether our midfield is good enough...Unfortunately, I don't think they are...especially Jones 30-something legs having to play his second game in 4 days when Klinsmann said he wasn't fit to play 90 minutes...

I would go with Bedoya for Jones. I like Bedoya. Workhorse and you need that in a three-man midfield.

BTW, I should know this but what happened to Nagbe?

I agree with you on the midfield. Just think this gets our best players on the field. Maybe and early sub for Jones with Bedoya? Id be fine with Yedlin for Chandler as well; much prefer him at RB than RM. We beat Costa Rica 4-0 in the Copa with a 4-3-3, but I think it might have been morphed into more of a 4-4-2 as the game went on.

Nagbe refused a call-up for the last international break. Might have pissed off Jürgen. Wish he was in the group because he brings a different dynamic on the ball than anyone we have in the fold.

Rumor starting lineup is straight 4-4-2 as we finished vs. Mexico

Chandler-Gonzales-Brooks-Besler
Johnson--Jones-Bradley-Pulisic
--------Wood------Altidore

Besler as LB scares me a bit, but Jurgen won't call in any natural left backs, so it's his own fault.

Rumor starting lineup is straight 4-4-2 as we finished vs. Mexico

Chandler-Gonzales-Brooks-Besler
Johnson--Jones-Bradley-Pulisic
--------Wood------Altidore

Besler as LB scares me a bit, but Jurgen won't call in any natural left backs, so it's his own fault.

Yeah...Besler definitely struggled...Do we have any natural left backs that are not retreads?

Yeah...Besler definitely struggled...Do we have any natural left backs that are not retreads?

There's one in the Championship who's name escapes me, Lichaj? Villafaña plays in Liga MX. He has played Tim Ream there but I'd say he more or less equivalent with Besler. LB is definitely our weakest position.

I don't mind a 4-4-2 other than the Bradley Jones pairing seems to struggle in a flat midfield, but played much better in that than the abomination to start last week.

There's one in the Championship who's name escapes me, Lichaj? Villafaña plays in Liga MX. He has played Tim Ream there but I'd say he more or less equivalent with Besler. LB is definitely our weakest position.

I don't mind a 4-4-2 other than the Bradley Jones pairing seems to struggle in a flat midfield, but played much better in that than the abomination to start last week.

Yeah, they still haven't figured out who goes forward and who protects...

Midfield is getting run over. Jones and Bradley are killing us.

Omar isn't up to par but Chandler is doing him any favors.

0-1 Costa Rica and they are dominating. I don't see the US holding them to 1 or scoring. Awful start to WCQ.

put Bradley and Klinsman in a boat and leave them there Henry Hudson style.

Photobucket burning couchPhotobucket burning couchPhotobucket burning couch:bat:

USA soccer under Klinsman has regressed since Bradley was fired. The team attitude is largely to blame.

Team isn't even trying. Seems like he's lost the locker room.

This guy is available

I doubt Gulati has the sack to do so, but there will NOT be a better time to fire Jurgy than right now. They have 4 months to prepare, recharge, reengage. Plus an extended training period in January.

I realize these were two of the tougher games in the hex, but this effort would not have beaten Trinidad either.

Leave Jurgy in San Jose and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.