UVA Attendance | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

UVA Attendance

Screenshot_20220923-115944-746.png

The Visitors side looks rough. Hate that it’s also the TV view.
And yet the cheapest ticketa are $20 bucks...they never hit that price for Louisville or Purdue. Very odd and definitely not helping

At some point it’s not the prices that keep people away. We’ve been a bargain for live entertainment for a while. It’s the product, fan experience or something else. We’re competing against the availability of watching every other game In high def from your couch.

We need to drive demand and make it an experience where being there is better than on TV. Winning is obviously a big part of it. But there’s gotta be something else. I wish I knew but I’m sure focus groups and polling could help. Because I can’t believe it’s the cost anymore.

Sustained winning will certainly help but I figured 3-0 and some buzz would do that.

At some point it’s not the prices that keep people away. We’ve been a bargain for live entertainment for a while. It’s the product, fan experience or something else. We’re competing against the availability of watching every other game In high def from your couch.

We need to drive demand and make it an experience where being there is better than on TV. Winning is obviously a big part of it. But there’s gotta be something else. I wish I knew but I’m sure focus groups and polling could help. Because I can’t believe it’s the cost anymore.

Sustained winning will certainly help but I figured 3-0 and some buzz would do that.

It wouldn't drive tickets but I do think if they had local vendors with stands (Tully's, Dino BBQ) it's a small but worthwhile selling point.

It's expensive to do anything once you're inside so maybe pairing in-stadium merch discounts or concessions could help. Buy 4 tickets and get 25% off.

It’s got to happen organically. Winning helps. High definition TVs in your home don’t help. No blackouts (can’t do that anymore anyway it seems) hurts. But the goddarn ads the fans have to put up with are just abysmal. The breaks in the game really hurt the “fan experience.“ All that being said you bet your ass I’ll be there.!

If I still lived up there, I would go in a heartbeat. I have a brother, two sisters and their families living up there and they never go. We were all raised as diehard SU fans, my mother worked there, we had season tickets several years for bball and football. I don't get it. I always try to persuade them to go but they don't.

I think it’s the difference from being a viewer of the game to being a part of the game. When you are in a live arena, you help your team by your presence and the noise you make. You are not just a passive consumer; you are an active participant. It’s a great feeling, especially when it feels like you have helped your team win. You need a strong constitution to be a fan, and not everyone has that. I also think you need to be relatively young. We can argue about whether alcohol helps or hurts the cause. :rolleyes:

Syracuse University is expecting a lot of people. They are telling professors to leave earlier than usual to free up parking spaces. My professor told me that this has never happened.

I don't think your professor goes to many football games. I work for the University - happens every Friday night when there is a home football game. Where I park for work is a lot that people tailgate in, which is why they want us out early. I work from home on Fridays, and took a 1/2 day anyway so I can get up there and get the party started!

I think the University botched this. They tell all employees, you have to leave at 3, but go sign on at home. Then come back up and support the team, but you can't park in your normal lot and have to pay $20-30 to park elsewhere. They should have pushed everyone to go to the game FROM work. They also offered discounted tickets of $18, likely $20 after fees. Hand them out for $5-10, fill the place and reap the rewards in noise & concession sales.

Kansas stinks for years, and "sells out."

NATIONAL Espn game on a Friday night, and we get nuthin'... Sheesh...

I hope a miracle 5k more show up.
Maybe Miracle 10k

Updated

Screenshot_20220923-134406-199.png

I knew a guy who liked miami in football and gtown in bball in the 90s. He obviously did it to annoy people.

I worked with a guy in the 90s who's rooting interests were comical.

Have to put it in the context of the late 90s -- but in baseball he rooted for the Braves. In NFL he rooted for Denver [just in time for them to win back-to-back superbowls]. Although he was an SU hoops fan, he rooted for Florida State in college football.

Conveniently, every team he actively rooted for across the various sports was championship contender caliber [except for SU], so he was always rooting for a top front runner every sport / every season.

Annoying.

Kansas stinks for years, and "sells out."

NATIONAL Espn game on a Friday night, and we get nuthin'... Sheesh...

I hope a miracle 5k more show up.

It wasn't torn down in 3 games and won't be rebuilt in 3 games either. It all takes time in both directions.

That said, I am surprised that this looks like the lightest crowd of the year

I think the ath department realizes this crowd is trending towards disappointing...the main SU Athletics Twitter account has tweeted the link to buy tickets 5 times today. The football account has tweeted it 3 times...its like their only strategy is to tweet and hope for the best

I don't think your professor goes to many football games. I work for the University - happens every Friday night when there is a home football game. Where I park for work is a lot that people tailgate in, which is why they want us out early. I work from home on Fridays, and took a 1/2 day anyway so I can get up there and get the party started!

I think the University botched this. They tell all employees, you have to leave at 3, but go sign on at home. Then come back up and support the team, but you can't park in your normal lot and have to pay $20-30 to park elsewhere. They should have pushed everyone to go to the game FROM work. They also offered discounted tickets of $18, likely $20 after fees. Hand them out for $5-10, fill the place and reap the rewards in noise & concession sales.
Appreciate your insight. I guess my professor knows nothing. Not a real fan!

I worked with a guy in the 90s who's rooting interests were comical.

Have to put it in the context of the late 90s -- but in baseball he rooted for the Braves. In NFL he rooted for Denver [just in time for them to win back-to-back superbowls]. Although he was an SU hoops fan, he rooted for Florida State in college football.

Conveniently, every team he actively rooted for across the various sports was championship contender caliber [except for SU], so he was always rooting for a top front runner every sport / every season.

Annoying.
Hey, I know that guy

I think the ath department realizes this crowd is trending towards disappointing...the main SU Athletics Twitter account has tweeted the link to buy tickets 5 times today. The football account has tweeted it 3 times...its like their only strategy is to tweet and hope for the best
Yeah that’s obnoxious. They should’ve been tweeting 5 times a day last week, not day of.

Also - They don’t even need to make tickets cheaper, just promote the cheap seats as of it is a deal (which they kind of already do sometimes). The $10 student ticket sale cracked me up because you could already get them for like $12, but it seemed to work. More of that please.

Syracuse University is expecting a lot of people. They are telling professors to leave earlier than usual to free up parking spaces. My professor told me that this has never happened.

It’s happened several times. My wife works there and every Friday game they have to be out of their garages and lots by 3 and move their cars to another place. It happens because those lots/garages are sold out.

Yup, my wifes an administrator there, they could do so much more to drive employee engagement. Discounted seasons and allowing employee season ticket holders to hold onto their parking spot that they already pay for would be a great way to get more butts in seats.

Tickets for Lville were free for faculty and staff. $10 for the UConn game and now $18 for UVA. So they did hand them out for the first two games.

Yup, my wifes an administrator there, they could do so much more to drive employee engagement. Discounted seasons and allowing employee season ticket holders to hold onto their parking spot that they already pay for would be a great way to get more butts in seats.

Employees do get discounted season tickets. 20%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom