UVA Attendance | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

UVA Attendance

Someone has to explain to me how the phluck we have an inverse relationship with winning and attendance!!! For all that’s phlucking holy!!! We are averaging LESS people per game as we continue undefeated.

We are pacing for 33k for NC state.
I actually think NC State game is already ahead of Virginia

It is…
Now NCST needs to take care of business vs FSU and Clemson and we could be looking at gameday. A much better performance when we had all of college football watching could have helped but who knows. I think we needed a better performance to possibly get ranked

Did the game tonight help or hurt future attendance? Helps, I hope.
Gotta help. On the fence casuals will see 4-0/hopefully soon to be 5-0 and get excited to see what will proably be a ranked 4-1 opponent. 44k hopefully

Crowd tonight was loud, but a ton of silver showing. I'm guessing low 30's. Really pathetic showing for the city of Syracuse.
You realize Syracuse isn't that big of a city? I don't think a million people live within an hour of the Dome. People get old and some just are TV only.

Hopefully NC State is 330 or at night.

You realize Syracuse isn't that big of a city? I don't think a million people live within an hour of the Dome. People get old and some just are TV only.

Hopefully NC State is 330 or at night.
most likely the rest of the home games will be 330 or at night

There was some question about the KU sellout vs Duke today. From watching on tv, it really looks like a legit sellout. I don't see many empty seats.

I'm sorry, but beating Louisville and Purdue has always been a quality win. These teams have been consistently "pretty good" and occasionally excellent for decades.

I specifically referenced 3 times from the 'casual' local fan standpoint how they probably view those wins. What we may think are "quality" wins as diehards, etc., likely isn't the same thinking as the casuals/locals. It appears, based upon the turnout last night, that indeed ringed true, at least to a certain extent.

Crowd was the weakest of all crowds last night

We will not be a ranked team when we play NC State unless craziness happens
The performance was less than stellar and inspiring for voters, and if by chance we do get it, we will probably drop down in the bye week

Crowd was the weakest of all crowds last night

We will not be a ranked team when we play NC State unless craziness happens
We were already 32nd in votes and you don’t lose votes for beating a P5 team. We will probably be around 25-27th this week and with a win to go 5-0 we will be 20-25

We were already 32nd in votes and you don’t lose votes for beating a P5 team. We will probably be around 25-27th this week and with a win to go 5-0 we will be 20-25
Idk man. I distinctly remember losing votes back in the day, even after wins, or if we were on a bye.

And when we'd win, it never felt like we made much ground in moving up

Uh you have to actually beat a P5 team

We may have beat them on the scoreboard

But we didn’t beat them

Uh you have to actually beat a P5 team

We may have beat them on the scoreboard

But we didn’t beat them
I don’t know if we will be ranked, but I suspect at our level most voters are focusing on the final score.

anyone else experienced some jackwagon in 315/316 last night in q4 screaming at fans and calling them r*tards?….wow. I hope that guy isn’t someone on this board!

Idk man. I distinctly remember losing votes back in the day, even after wins, or if we were on a bye.

And when we'd win, it never felt like we made much ground in moving up
I think it will be close assuming we bury Wagner. Anywhere from 22 to 30 depending on how things play out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom