UVA Attendance | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

UVA Attendance

Ticketmaster map looks the same at beginning of week as Purdue and Louisville. The 3-0 start seems to be getting the casuals engaged ……with watching on TV. It’s discouraging to be honest. I’m not expecting a jump to 45 . But I was hoping we might see the numbers moving upward. I think we will see 35 to 36 Friday. Might get close to 40 for NC State. Hopefully.

Last edited:
Had a team lunch today with about 25 people. Half the talk was about the SU game, when normally it'd be about kids and apple picking. There is certainly some buzz being built around Syracuse. Let's see if it turns into more butts in seats this week.

Had a team lunch today with about 25 people. Half the talk was about the SU game, when normally it'd be about kids and apple picking. There is certainly some buzz being built around Syracuse. Let's see if it turns into more butts in seats this week.

Maybe it will snowball into something that catches fire?

Too soon? :p

It’s funny

Ottos army does an orange out…..everyone wears blue/navy

Ottos army asks for a blue and everyone says they’re wearing their orange

Not sure why as fans we can’t support the students and make it a better experience. The students have done amazing things the last two years and deserve to be supported.

This is a play on last year when they did the white out as a “blizzard” theme.

This year they are “flooding” the dome

Wear your navy’s with orange writing, support ottos army and be loud for all three downs

Too many bow tie fans

It’s funny

Not sure why as fans we can’t support the students and make it a better experience. The students have done amazing things the last two years and deserve to be supported.

Wear your navy’s with orange writing, support ottos army and be loud for all three downs

Too many bow tie fans
I love it. I probably own much more navy orange gear than anything else. So it makes my life easy.

I still would love to see a combo like this. All blue, with a football version of this Lax helmet.
D9oCf_YW4AAkuNZ.jpeg

Dbf0hVrWsAIJAg3.jpg

Not true. Looking at just the visitors section where the parents sit ok. Lots of Purdue fans on the away sideline of the dome and also up in the 300s
There were also some in 129

Ticketmaster map looks the same at beginning of week as Purdue and Louisville. The 3-0 start seems to be getting the casuals engaged ……with watching on TV. It’s discouraging to be honest. I’m not expecting a jump to 45 . But I was hoping we might see the numbers moving upward. I think we will see 35 to 36 Friday. Might get close to 40 for NC State. Hopefully.
Patience padawan. Win Friday night and the momentum will reach a tipping point. We'll have 3 weeks lead time to promote. I won't go any further with projections simply because...

WE NEED TO TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS FRIDAY NIGHT.

Students are great. I feel like Cuse needs to borrow the wacky promos from minor league baseball to fill the upper deck seats and get families etc
The Syracuse Crunch gives voucher to their season ticket holders so they can get friends/co-workers in the old barn. SU Athletics should do the same thing to pack the dome this weekend.

It’s funny

Too many bow tie fans

The Syracuse Crunch gives voucher to their season ticket holders so they can get friends/co-workers in the old barn. SU Athletics should do the same thing to pack the dome this weekend.
no one will be there this weekend... maybe friday night

A lot of it depends on how many fans the visiting team brings, and I can’t imagine UVA will have more than a few hundred fans there. I see a high 30s crowd tops. But if we start 5-0, I could see a much larger crowd for NC State.
Correct

UVA for a Saturday game might bring 500-750

UVA on Friday night will be 2-300

Anecdotal: I asked 5-6 Purdue fans where they came in from. The furthest away was Cleveland...the rest were within 3-4 hours.

Unfortunately Syracuse is near the bottom for travel ease (and game location desirability) of ACC fans.

They had that one visitor section which wasn’t filled and beyond that they had some stragglers spread out through the Dome.

I think the numbers being tossed around aren't realistic - have we ever truly sold out the building for a football? I also don't think there is any chance we have north of 40,000 Friday in the building. As I said after the Louisville game and will echo after Purdue - the size of the crowd has been perfect - loud and game impacting yet easy to navigate and not a PITA.
I hope for 42K but I expect 38K

I live in an area that only has minor league sports and low-level college sports available to attend in the area. So I wouldn't expect people to know when Fairfield University men's lacrosse has a game.

But if you live in CNY and don't know when the six SU home football games are each season, you're likely not going regardless.
7 home games.

You need to study harder Scooch lol

They had that one visitor section which wasn’t filled and beyond that they had some stragglers spread out through the Dome.
I had 15-20 behind me in 320

They brought at least double what Louisville brought

Wasn't that a sell out? It was above capacity. We have only hit 46k five times since 2000. So I am not sure why people think we can get big numbers for UVA or NC State. I think ND will certainly be above that and FSU could be depending on how their and our season plays out.
Because we have been 3-0 once and 5-0 NEVER, since 2000.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom