UVA Attendance | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

UVA Attendance

They brought a lot if 200 people is a lot. It was similar to Louisville , Rutgers ……. It was very small #.
Not true. Looking at just the visitors section where the parents sit ok. Lots of Purdue fans on the away sideline of the dome and also up in the 300s

NC st is the chance for a crowd.. get to 5-0 with a great effort the next 2 weeks and then build 2 weeks of energy around the game..

Clemson has Wake/Nc st the next 2 weeks
Wake has Clem/FSU
NC st has Clem/FSU

For us and the crowd NC st winning the next 2 puts them into the top 10. for us Winning the game let them lose both.

Purdue had more than 200 people there. Not a great showing but id say probably 500 or so. I saw purdue people walking around all over the hill.
I would be shocked if there were 500 there. They had maybe 200 in their section. I saw a handful of others here and there, but nothing appreciable. Either way, I wouldnt be surprised if you told me there were probably more Purdue fans at the ND game than the Dome.

ND will be a sell out. Even a mediocre ND team brings fans, ND fans will show, casual SU fans will show to see ND, and casual sports fans will show out of curiosity

There are a lot of tickets left, and they are overpriced. ND fans will have given up by our game. They may very well start the year 1-4 before tickets are even made available to the general public. It could sell out but I am thinking it will be the 4th largest crowd in the post Coach P era (2005 on). In 2008 we did stink but PSU didn't even hit 46k.

I think the numbers being tossed around aren't realistic - have we ever truly sold out the building for a football? I also don't think there is any chance we have north of 40,000 Friday in the building. As I said after the Louisville game and will echo after Purdue - the size of the crowd has been perfect - loud and game impacting yet easy to navigate and not a PITA.

I think the numbers being tossed around aren't realistic - have we ever truly sold out the building for a football? I also don't think there is any chance we have north of 40,000 Friday in the building. As I said after the Louisville game and will echo after Purdue - the size of the crowd has been perfect - loud and game impacting yet easy to navigate and not a PITA.

Yes, the dome used to be sold out on multiple occasions.

We were really close for Clemson in 2019

Yes, the dome used to be sold out on multiple occasions.

We were really close for Clemson in 2019

Wasn't that a sell out? It was above capacity. We have only hit 46k five times since 2000. So I am not sure why people think we can get big numbers for UVA or NC State. I think ND will certainly be above that and FSU could be depending on how their and our season plays out.

Wasn't that a sell out? It was above capacity. We have only hit 46k five times since 2000. So I am not sure why people think we can get big numbers for UVA or NC State. I think ND will certainly be above that and FSU could be depending on how their and our season plays out.
I guess that is my point - we have hit 46K five times in 22 years and now we are throwing out crowd sizes that just don't seem realistic to me. Personally I think the ND crowd is going to disappoint because their record is not going to be good ...hope I'm wrong but I do know hotel cancellations are coming in from friends in that industry.

Last edited:
I guess that is my point - we have hit 46K five times in 22 years and now we are throwing out crowd sizes that just don't seem realistic to me. Personally I think the ND crowd is going to disappoint because their record is not going to be good ...hope I'm wrong but I do no hotel cancellations are coming in from friends in that industry.
SU screws around with ND tickets and will once again be left holding the bag.

More tickets were sold for Purdue than Virg right now just looking around.. But looking at NC st tickets that are for sale now were not sold for the purdue game until mid week last week. Thats a good sign.

FSU looks about the same as Virginia right now

I left the game sat and was over in Dewitt and had people ask me if they played today.. Thats the issue people just dont know..

This is a weird thread, even by attendance thread standards.

1) Students can wear whatever they want. They've been, by far, the best group of fans at the Dome for a couple seasons now. My kid's high school student section did a "teal out" for mental health awareness, and a "country club out" just because. Their colors are maroon and gold, it's all good.

2) "Marketing" isn't some magic spell that levitates people and floats them to the Dome at kickoff. It's hard to imagine that the vast majority of potential attendees aren't aware that there's a game Friday night. Whatever crowd is there will be loud and energetic. Worrying about the number isn't worth it, IMHO,

More tickets were sold for Purdue than Virg right now just looking around.. But looking at NC st tickets that are for sale now were not sold for the purdue game until mid week last week. Thats a good sign.

FSU looks about the same as Virginia right now

I left the game sat and was over in Dewitt and had people ask me if they played today.. Thats the issue people just dont know..
I live in an area that only has minor league sports and low-level college sports available to attend in the area. So I wouldn't expect people to know when Fairfield University men's lacrosse has a game.

But if you live in CNY and don't know when the six SU home football games are each season, you're likely not going regardless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom