UVA Attendance | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

UVA Attendance

This should be a 42k crowd.

It will likely be announced at 39-40k.

My ask to the university - open up ALL SECTIONS. Let's try to get some new buyers this week into those empty silver chunks os space that looks dreadful on TV
I agree upload all the available tickets to Ticketmaster tomorrow and let the casual fans sit wherever they want whether it be a cheap nose bleed seat or a high priced ticket on the 50 yard line.

This idea that by manipulating the seats available you are going to force the casual fan to buy tickets ASAP because the game is almost sold out is ridiculous.

Friday night is hurt by out of towners not being as likely to travel. We need a Saturday 330 game.
We are out of towners with a 4 hr trip (both ways) and fall is busy season at work for both my wife and I.

She initially was pushing back on going because we really dont have bandwidth but then told me before the game… listen if they win this game, we will take a half day and go.

I said, you know what, that’s fair and they need to earn it. Well they did and we are!

Last edited:
God damnit…

Ottosarmy just put out a post calling for a “blue out” vs UVA

At least they’re building hype but COME ON.

If you’re not orange vs UVA then make it white or something else

Maybe I’m just looking for things to get me upset but we’re the orange. Stop letting other teams be orange
I bet they were told that we are wearing Blue uniform tops. Gotta be the classic look

every sporting facility is going to mobile ticketing so that isnt going to change. I've heard there are ways you can request paper tickets for a price. i guess if you prove you dont have a smart phone? The game being over 4 hours long is because of all the reviews and tv breaks, they are not getting shorter. I happen to look at the dome clock at the end of the 3rd quarter and it was 230
It’s $90 for printed tickets. I paid it cuz I have like 4 different families that do their tickets through me and some of them are 80+ years old. So I used some couch cushion money and everyone is happy. Great option if you want paper tickets.

A lot of it depends on how many fans the visiting team brings, and I can’t imagine UVA will have more than a few hundred fans there. I see a high 30s crowd tops. But if we start 5-0, I could see a much larger crowd for NC State.
First it was 3-0 and they will come, then it was beat Virginia, now it’s 5-0.

If you need to keep making these excuses, then they will never come.

Was disappointed by Purdue. I think we will be over 40k for UVA but short of 42k. I think NC State will break 42k but not 45k. Notre Dame will break 45k but not 47k. FSU could be the big game if our record is still good.
ND will be a sell out. Even a mediocre ND team brings fans, ND fans will show, casual SU fans will show to see ND, and casual sports fans will show out of curiosity

We have the bye week before, of course last year we used the bye week to turn into cream puffs.
It killed me last year. I think we were 5-4 at the bye. I had high hopes we had a win in us in the last 3. Lville was pedestrian like us and we went there and got demolished 41-3. So disappointing we couldn't get that 6th win.

Guess I’ll be wearing my blue Tucker merchandise line shirt. Went orange Tucker game one. Blue Tucker for UConn. Orange for all orange….think the blue alternate is right approach but also 2-0 at home in orang. Decisions.

Exactly. If only Eric would stop making excuses for all the fair weather fans, on a fan board only the hardcore fans are on, we’d have 40k+ every game.

One thing you people are not taking into consideration is electronic ticketing. It's a royal pain in the Butt. You don't know what I had to go through to go to the L'Ville game. I am sure that there are lots of people who just don't want to put up with all the issues of electronic ticketing. I for one have had it with passwords. I refuse to set up accounts with with doctors, grocery stores, deli's and just about everybody else who is trying to get my data. One of my doctor's actually wanted my driver's license number. What the hell for? I wouldn't last long in China. My grocery store actually want's me to electronically order deli meats with a passwords etc. I shouldn't eat that crap anyway. Processed meats are deadly for you.
I needed a tire. I used to go to BJ's pick out the tire and they'd put it on the car. Now, I'm told I have to order the tire with passwords etc and they would let me know when the tire was in. I went to Pep Boys and got a tire on New Year's Day.

Another thing is the length of the game. Do you realize yesterday's game lasted over four hours. Four Hours! When I first had season tickets, I think games started at 1:30 and I can remember games ending before 4:00. Yesterday, I was at an event and could glance up at the TV showing the game. It seemed like every time I looked up they were showing commercials. Who wants to sit four hours for a game? That's my rant. It aint easy going to a football game. Better to record the game and fast forward through the crap.
Then stay home. Not a single person will care. I’ll be there loving every minute. Go Orange.

One thing you people are not taking into consideration is electronic ticketing. It's a royal pain in the Butt. You don't know what I had to go through to go to the L'Ville game. I am sure that there are lots of people who just don't want to put up with all the issues of electronic ticketing. I for one have had it with passwords. I refuse to set up accounts with with doctors, grocery stores, deli's and just about everybody else who is trying to get my data. One of my doctor's actually wanted my driver's license number. What the hell for? I wouldn't last long in China. My grocery store actually want's me to electronically order deli meats with a passwords etc. I shouldn't eat that crap anyway. Processed meats are deadly for you.
I needed a tire. I used to go to BJ's pick out the tire and they'd put it on the car. Now, I'm told I have to order the tire with passwords etc and they would let me know when the tire was in. I went to Pep Boys and got a tire on New Year's Day.

Another thing is the length of the game. Do you realize yesterday's game lasted over four hours. Four Hours! When I first had season tickets, I think games started at 1:30 and I can remember games ending before 4:00. Yesterday, I was at an event and could glance up at the TV showing the game. It seemed like every time I looked up they were showing commercials. Who wants to sit four hours for a game? That's my rant. It aint easy going to a football game. Better to record the game and fast forward through the crap.
Do you still ride your horse to the game? Times change. Just stay home and watch it on tv.

35ECB262-947F-408C-BAB0-D3CF85ADA74D.jpeg

What do you want me to say? "There will be 50,000 in the Dome for UVA!" That's just not reality. It takes time to win back hearts and minds after two decades of a low-quality product.

what was the number today?

It was poor. The Louisville game was much better attended. I'm pretty surprised, actually. There should have been a bigger crowd. It might take until the NC State game to break 40,000 actually in the seats.

Another thing is the length of the game. Do you realize yesterday's game lasted over four hours. Four Hours!

Is this true? Game started at 12:10 pm. I had to leave at 3:15 pm for my son's hockey game, we got to the parking lot of the rink at 3:45 pm. And I know we had scored our TD by then, heard it on the drive.

I do agree that games are too long, generally too many replays and long TV timeouts. But Purdue's TE acting like a psychopath really extended things. And then his coach trying to defend his psychopath TE added some more. Hard to control things like that.

The game was done before 4 but not by too much.. 345-355 is about right..

More passing adds more time.. I guess we would rather see 55 plays and 21 pts than 75 plays and 35 pts..
just be more like baseball and remove the filler Timeouts.. no reason for so many 3 min timeouts..

The game was done before 4 but not by too much.. 345-355 is about right..

More passing adds more time.. I guess we would rather see 55 plays and 21 pts than 75 plays and 35 pts..
just be more like baseball and remove the filler Timeouts.. no reason for so many 3 min timeouts..

Yeah, and it didn't start at noon, I think the gameday guys had just started making their picks then.

But the 3 minute timeouts are brutal. Thankfully we didn't have too many replays either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom