Vermont Gameday... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Vermont Gameday...

Wow, great start to the year! Pinpoint laser passing, loads of speed and lots of talent!
Very strong face off and physical defense! Our transfers are talented and our young bucks looking strong.

Last edited:
Couldn’t be happier with this start. The free flowing offense with all the picking and rolling and everyone moving around was really nice to see. The ball is not dying in anyones stick, the ball movement was awesome. 13 assists on 20 goals. Lets go

Anyone else think Deere should’ve gotten some run in the first half when it was 13-5?

Anyone else think Deere should’ve gotten some run in the first half when it was 13-5?
No, the offense had first game jitters and looked to be pressing for first 5 minutes of game and the score was 3-2 at end of the first. Once they settled down, the offense looked dominate. I think the starting attack needed the live game reps to work out Mule's role with Spallina and Hiltz. You can't simulate live competition and the nerves that comes with it in practice. Going forward though, I expect Deere to get more minutes early on.

1st quarter was some of the worst lacrosse I've seen
After that just had a huge smile on my face
Need to clean up some things and hopefully that quarter was the worse we play this year

The skill level on offense is crazy. They have an unbelievable amount of talent there. I know he didn’t record a point, but Hottle was on the field for a lot of goals I noticed on the 2nd watch. He was beating his man consistently with his speed and getting it to one of our feeders.

I think it’s important to get Birtwistle back for MD. He can thrive in this offense with all of the great passers.

The skill level on offense is crazy. They have an unbelievable amount of talent there. I know he didn’t record a point, but Hottle was on the field for a lot of goals I noticed on the 2nd watch. He was beating his man consistently with his speed and getting it to one of our feeders.

I think it’s important to get Birtwistle back for MD. He can thrive in this offense with all of the great passers.

Hottle and Tucker would be massive problems for most defenses rotating in that 2nd line with Birtwistle and Stevens seeing so much attention. Of course Rhoa is already taking advantage but I'd love to see us try and rotate them in throughout the game.

I would like to have seen more of him earlier. But maybe he isn't ready. I noticed that in his press availability on Thursday GG was asked near the end about the freshmen. He mentioned Hottle & Kellog but I was surprised he didn't mention Deere. Hopefully he'll improve in practice to Gary & Pat March's satisfaction and get more playing time.

I watched the presser and saw Kohn spoke. Are we just assuming he’s fine for the most part? I wasn’t thrilled to see him out there taking 4th quarter FO’s. I don’t really think he or Mullen need to be in when up by 8+.

I watched the presser and saw Kohn spoke. Are we just assuming he’s fine for the most part? I wasn’t thrilled to see him out there taking 4th quarter FO’s. I don’t really think he or Mullen need to be in when up by 8+.

Yes he's fine, he shouldn't have been in late but I think the staff also wants to get him reps at this level. Gotta balance the two

Yes he's fine, he shouldn't have been in late but I think the staff also wants to get him reps at this level. Gotta balance the two
Yeah get Richuisa some work late because obviously Kohn has an issue with his arm or wrist so Richuisa might be needed some this yr. Get him some work late in games when possible. Good thing is man Mullin looked so good too. He can take over god forbid Kohn misses any time. Hopefully he doesnt tho he impressed me. Both did.

I would like to see specially early on maby use 2 man def but even 3 man rotation at faceoffs. It can only help confuse or ware down other teams guys while saving our guys. However ya wanna split it up ve kohn 60/70% mullen 30/20% and richusia 10/10% . Obviously kohn and mullen would get bulk but would throw richusia in there sparingly also. Against teams where we have nice lead def would use more guys to prevent injury and ware but even against top teams as said would throw just to mix it up randomly keep other guy from getting in rhythm .

or help from teams knowing our guys tendencies or strategies n counters or whatever .

Honestly prob would say same for defense also but maby not such big rotation as much. Maby for few mins take out 1 at time of kol dwan maby even fig for someone like olexo even cacameo. Our defense arnt the speediest and acc teams have alot of speed plus some big dudes. Defense will have to stay fresh to prevent wheels falling off grant winning fos will help that. I just think we have alot of talent all over roster both D and O with decent amount having in game experience. Why not use them. I do like beck on man down wasn’t thrilled bout the other guys on man down but beck was one man down last year and was nice big body decent feet. Either way excited for toma hopefully start out 2-0

Hard hitting analysis from this weekend:

1) It's not officially lacrosse season until I hear Carc use the word "elite" or says, "I saw him play in high school..." (for the record I love Carc)

2) Wyatt Hottle is totes adorbs. When he got hit hard in the 3rd quarter (?) and I thought we were going to see his mom run on the field and go after the Vermont player for picking on him.

3) If John Mullen has a sister guys aren't going to date her out of fear.

4) The PSU turnover that led the game winning goal was absolutely hilarious. Jeff Tambroni coached teams really know to execute in crunch time...and for that we are thankful.

5) The new death penalty in New York state should be Tucker Kellogg shooting at you.

6) Coach Odierna looks like the "cool teacher" from high school that teaches history and dates the best looking female teacher and everyone can't wait for him to propose to her.

7) Why can I not stop staring at Michael Leo's cleats?

Seemed that Rice, Trujillo, Clary, Kempney and Jake Spallina were the main five but I’m not actually sure who Rice ran with on the first line. They didn’t rush Stevens off either, I’d say he played a decent amount of D.
Watched this rotation pretty close First quarter was Rice Trujillo and Spallina when we started to distance ourselves Clary was next with Kempney

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom