VT-NC State Game Moved | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

VT-NC State Game Moved

It means the schools have wildly different procedures if Cuse has zero tests and NC State has to move a game! If this happens to 3-4 more teams like this the ACC will be forced to cancel season.
Maybe, maybe not. It might just mean that they have more cases while testing the same.

It means the schools have wildly different procedures if Cuse has zero tests and NC State has to move a game! If this happens to 3-4 more teams like this the ACC will be forced to cancel season.
Because, IMO, the entire effort comes across as a slapdash, willy-nilly keystone cops mess. There is little wiggle room to make it work, including the ability to slide games. If we're already diverging from the "happy path" at this stage, I don't think it will work. We'll get partway through, the schedule will have slipped so much in so many places that we're still trying to do make-up games in January, and the season will end with some teams not having played all their games. Playoff? Yeah, right.

What happens when a team chooses to boycott a game because of safety concerns?

I do see this a potential strategic leverage point for Wildhack to wrest some control from the NC mafia
it doesnt mean the schools are doing testing differently per se, most of the non northeast states are where we were back in april and may except death rate seems to have lessoned. There is still plenty of wiggle room to stay the course. Testing is supposed to be uniform once the games start at 3 times a week. There is no way make up games go into january, if there is a major outbreak they will pause the season and finish in the spring if necessary.If a team decides to boycott then they forfeit all games and probably the tv money

Positive tests doesn't mean they are disregarding the conference guidelines.
I would disagree. These players have been back since July supposedly in a bubble. It should be zero by now. The regular students are a different story.

I would disagree. These players have been back since July supposedly in a bubble. It should be zero by now. The regular students are a different story.

It means the players are either not following safe protocols or the programs are not doing the best they can to have zero positive tests. That is the issue. Not the testing but the reason why after almost two months, players are still positive.

It means the players are either not following safe protocols or the programs are not doing the best they can to have zero positive tests. That is the issue. Not the testing but the reason why after almost two months, players are still positive.
Either way I see it as the reason su players will opt out and we will not have a season.

What is it with those guys down there? Why can't they get their stuff together? There's really no secret to what we are doing in NY
It's not specific to this virus. It's a culture that says authority won't trample my freedom by telling me what to do.

Enough with this virus already 90% of the us could care less . Everyone I’m in contact with doesn’t give a Crap about it . All these positive cases with all the college kids , the parties and ? And ? and ? And what ?

Enough with this virus already 90% of the us could care less . Everyone I’m in contact with doesn’t give a Crap about it . All these positive cases with all the college kids , the parties and ? And ? and ? And what ?
If you tell me who forced you to click on this thread, I'll consider banning them.

In this day and age, when a game gets moved, what did you think the cause would be? Lead paint?

The last time I checked the positivity rate (virus spread) in NY state has been hovering around 1% going back quite some time possibly back to May. Whereas in states like Florida, North Carolina, and Georgia the positivity rate has been above 10% for quite some time. Right now there is much more virus going around in those states, perhaps more than 10 times more virus. Short of putting those Fl., NC., and Ga. kids, coaches, and AD staff in a bubble 24/7 it will be really difficult to prevent spread into those football communities.

On the bright side can you imagine if the roles were reversed right now? What if it was NY. with a positivity rate above 10% while NC., Fl., and Ga. were hovering around 1%? I think we would be hearing about it loud and clear.

If you tell me who forced you to click on this thread, I'll consider banning them.

In this day and age, when a game gets moved, what did you think the cause would be? Lead paint?
I suspect that is the underlying reason behind more than a few posts...

It’s over reaction fearing lawsuits that’s what is
Causing it . All these cases with students returning and I haven’t seen or heard of any illness so what’s the bother ?

It’s over reaction fearing lawsuits that’s what is
Causing it . All these cases with students returning and I haven’t seen or heard of any illness so what’s the bother ?
If you want to discuss VT-NC being moved, feel free to comment.

If you want to give opinions on what's going on with COVID, ther are plenty of threads on the OT Forum in which to do that.

So you’re saying “a lot of people are talking about it...” or “a lot of smart people tell me...”. Trumpism 101

If you want to discuss VT-NC being moved, feel free to comment.

If you want to give opinions on what's going on with COVID, ther are plenty of threads on the OT Forum in which to do that.
Isn't the game being moved because of Covid? How do you unlink the 2?

Thank u ! Every presser we have it’s 98% C word related. I don’t want to talk about it at all
But it’s meshed into everything. I see MLB playing with no bubble ( some cancelled games yes ) and IMO it’s an over reaction .
At first maybe you stop things as a precaution and see what happens but when nobody is hospitalized time and time again it’s time to say hey did we really have to cancel this ?
MLB teams have played 30 games that’s 3 college football seasons worth I think it’s time to say playing sports is no more at risk than dinning outside . The C word is ruining our lives , it’s ruining our way of life , it’s stresssing us , it’s killing us in more ways than the lives lost . COVID is part of every single football thread there’s no getting around it . Nobody wants to get back to normal more than me . I’m hearing this is a big week regarding Acc play that things may be pushed back due to injuries as well all over the Acc , some teams are paper thin probably due to starting and stopping of practices and having to cram things in again as a result of the C word . I’m hearing this is a big week regarding the ACC . Lots of teams are thin due to a rash of injuries and missed practice time things might get pushed back a bit again . I wonder why they practices are being paused ? Oh there’s that C word again

Thank u ! Every presser we have it’s 98% C word related. I don’t want to talk about it at all
But it’s meshed into everything. I see MLB playing with no bubble ( some cancelled games yes ) and IMO it’s an over reaction .
At first maybe you stop things as a precaution and see what happens but when nobody is hospitalized time and time again it’s time to say hey did we really have to cancel this ?
MLB teams have played 30 games that’s 3 college football seasons worth I think it’s time to say playing sports is no more at risk than dinning outside . The C word is ruining our lives , it’s ruining our way of life , it’s stresssing us , it’s killing us in more ways than the lives lost . COVID is part of every single football thread there’s no getting around it . Nobody wants to get back to normal more than me . I’m hearing this is a big week regarding Acc play that things may be pushed back due to injuries as well all over the Acc , some teams are paper thin probably due to starting and stopping of practices and having to cram things in again as a result of the C word . I’m hearing this is a big week regarding the ACC . Lots of teams are thin due to a rash of injuries and missed practice time things might get pushed back a bit again . I wonder why they practices are being paused ? Oh there’s that C word again
You were warned.

Pure politics vs. veering off into policy and generalities.

Not discussing this any longer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom