Wayne Seldon | Syracusefan.com

Wayne Seldon

brian williams

Scout Team
Does anyone else think Wayne Seldon is the next Dion Waiters? Is there any interest from Syracuse or from Seldon?

Does anyone else think Wayne Seldon is the next Dion Waiters? Is there any interest from Syracuse or from Seldon?
After watching video of him, his game sure reflects Dion's that is for sure. I believe SU is very interested in him since he reclassified.

Did I just not pay enough attention before or are a lot more kids reclassifying lately?

I heard an interview with him on SiriusXM college sports tonight and he listed Syracuse as a school he is hearing a lot from...

Wayne Seldon? Are you asking if he has a similar game to Dion Weighters? Or are you talking about Wayne Selden...whom you think has a similar game to Dion Waiters?

So confused...

Wayne Seldon? Are you asking if he has a similar game to Dion Weighters? Or are you talking about Wayne Selden...whom you think has a similar game to Dion Waiters?

So confused...

I think they are the same person but I could be wrong. I think Selden's game is very similar to Dion's

I just searched both spellings and you get the same person...very confusing as his name is spelled both ways a lot but the Selden version appears slightly more often.

Older post spell it Seldon more recent ones spell it Selden

Final edit: Both spellings are all over the timeline ESPN spells it with an E... fwiw

I just searched both spellings and you get the same person...very confusing as his name is spelled both ways a lot but the Selden version appears slightly more often.

Older post spell it Seldon more recent ones spell it Selden

Final edit: Both spellings are all over the timeline ESPN spells it with an E... fwiw

I don't care how he spells his name. He can spell it with a silent P, Q or K as far as that goes; just as long as he commits to SU. He is another one that I feel will be a special player.

Selden is the guard who played with Nerleens Noel, right? If he's the one I am thinking about, he does have a lot of Dion in his game, and is the kind of athletic talent I like to see Syracuse recruit at guard. Especially if we are going to have a relatively unathletic Ennis running the point.

Selden is the guard who played with Nerleens Noel, right? If he's the one I am thinking about, he does have a lot of Dion in his game, and is the kind of athletic talent I like to see Syracuse recruit at guard. Especially if we are going to have a relatively unathletic Ennis running the point.

Correct and agreed

I think Selden's game is alot like Joseph, but with a better handle.

My only concern with getting Seldon would be having MG and TC already at the 2 as just sophmores. Both seem like 4 year guys to me. Is his handle good enough to play the point at all? If MCW leaves early Ennis is the only PG on the roster.

My only concern with getting Seldon would be having MG and TC already at the 2 as just sophmores. Both seem like 4 year guys to me. Is his handle good enough to play the point at all? If MCW leaves early Ennis is the only PG on the roster.

I think he can play both positions and I am very concerned that MCW will be 2 and done.

I think he can play both positions and I am very concerned that MCW will be 2 and done.
I'd love that then. Don't seem to be any more worthwhile PGs in 13 or 14 so would be great to get a guy who is a great 2 and could credibly give Ennis a break at PG now and then. My only worry with Seldon is I haven't seen him myself and Scout has him as a SF, much less playing point.

I'd love that then. Don't seem to be any more worthwhile PGs in 13 or 14 so would be great to get a guy who is a great 2 and could credibly give Ennis a break at PG now and then. My only worry with Seldon is I haven't seen him myself and Scout has him as a SF, much less playing point.

Scouts positions are a joke

Seldon is a more natural 2, but despite that I think his recruitment will be interesting as it will give major clues about whether or not the staff think MCW will be around for the long haul.

If MCW stays all 4 years there is really no room for Seldon. Cooney and Gbinije have the 2 position covered and MCW will have the 1 with Ennis as a back up until Briscoe comes around.

But if MCW leaves after this year, I think Seldon becomes a must get. I see Ennis as a guy who will have trouble with the speed of the college game and need a year or two to adjust, especially with a team around him who (it doesnt look like) will be able to give him a lot of ball handling help. With Seldon we would have (much like with Waiters) a guy who can attack pressure D and thrive in that situation.

Even though he's not a true point guard he would allow Boeheim to be able to play a more athletic option than Ennis against pressure D, while calling Ennis's number in situations where he will be more likely to succeed.

If MCW stays this year and then next before leaving early Seldon (again, much like Waiters) might have a frustrating Freshman year where he has to wait his turn before a spot opens for him.

Of all the people we are recruiting, I think Seldon's is by far the most interesting, both for what it says about him and our current players.

The more video I see of Selden the more impressed I am. Very strong, very athletic. If MCW goes early, Cooney, Ennis and Gbinijie will be the only guards. Selden would help immediately if he could spell Ennis at the point. Help us push around the less physical ACC teams too.

I can't see Selden at SU there isn't enough PT available unless MCW leaves and that won't be known until next April. He may well be back for a 3rd year. This is the type of elite player that will go where he will start not be slotted as a back up off the bench. It would be great to get him but I just don't see it.

I can't see Selden at SU there isn't enough PT available unless MCW leaves and that won't be known until next April. He may well be back for a 3rd year. This is the type of elite player that will go where he will start not be slotted as a back up off the bench. It would be great to get him but I just don't see it.

I think MCW is gone by friend, he will be the next lottery pick out of SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom