Wayne Seldon | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wayne Seldon

I think MCW is gone by friend, he will be the next lottery pick out of SU.

I think MCW is going to be a fantastic player for us. But I think people are setting what may be unrealistic expectations by expecting him to light it up and go pro after this year. He has a lot of proving to do--both in terms of his ability to facilitate half court offensive sets as the lead guard, and in terms of his offense / shooting. Plus, he's a kid who might benefit from playing a minimum of two more years to mature physically.

I relayed prior to last season how a program insider relayed to my dad that the coaching staff viewed MCW as a surefire NBA talent. So I wouldn't remotely be surprised if he lights it up this year. But it is hard to say with sophomores. MCW didn't get a lot of run last year, so there's a lot of unknowns when it comes to how he'll play next season.

I think MCW is going to be a fantastic player for us. But I think people are setting what may be unrealistic expectations by expecting him to light it up and go pro after this year. He has a lot of proving to do--both in terms of his ability to facilitate half court offensive sets as the lead guard, and in terms of his offense / shooting. Plus, he's a kid who might benefit from playing a minimum of two more years to mature physically.

I relayed prior to last season how a program insider relayed to my dad that the coaching staff viewed MCW as a surefire NBA talent. So I wouldn't remotely be surprised if he lights it up this year. But it is hard to say with sophomores. MCW didn't get a lot of run last year, so there's a lot of unknowns when it comes to how he'll play next season.

I don't think he needs to light it up to go pro. In fact I don't think he will lead the team is scoring, but he is a 6'6" -6'7" pg with great ball skills an athletic ability. As long as his decision making is sound and he shoots it decent he is gone, potential alone will put him in the lottery.

I don't think he needs to light it up to go pro. In fact I don't think he will lead the team is scoring, but he is a 6'6" -6'7" pg with great ball skills an athletic ability. As long as his decision making is sound and he shoots it decent he is gone, potential alone will put him in the lottery.

The real question is: is MCW a point guard?

We'll find out starting on October 15th!

Selden has SU in his final six, according to Biancardi.

I echo the sentiments of others in that it figures to be pretty crowded at SG in 2013 with Cooney and Gbinije. Selden isn't a point guard, so I don't see what MCW's standing has to do with him.

Unless Selden's willing to bide his time or projects as such a monster talent that he could start as a freshman over a sophomore Cooney or Gbinije, I'm not sure SU is a fit, but I could be wrong.

I echo the sentiments of others in that it figures to be pretty crowded at SG in 2013 with Cooney and Gbinije. Selden isn't a point guard, so I don't see what MCW's standing has to do with him.

Unless Selden's willing to bide his time or projects as such a monster talent that he could start as a freshman over a sophomore Cooney or Gbinije, I'm not sure SU is a fit, but I could be wrong.

Disagree... If MCW leaves, which is quite plausible, we have a total of two true guards. Mike G is a 2/3 and I think the staff is confident he can play the 2, but that flexibility allows them to sell idea of PT. Additionally, while Mike G would have a year in the system, he would not have played a game yet for SU. I think Selden would feel confident that his physical skill would allow him to earn PT as a combo guard along with or over an unproven Ennis, Mike G and soph Cooney.

" Wayne, very good chance MCW goes to the league. We will have Cooney and a frosh Ennis, and we can use Mike G if we need to. That is it. We have a huge opportunity for you to come in and be the guy who attacks the hole, in the same manner as Dion did. Oh yeah, Dion was the #4 pick In this year's draft. Well we think you could be that guy for us all over again..."

Selden has run the point a lot and is a solid passer. Some believe his future position as a pro is at the point. His skill set is similar to Dion and he could share ball handling duties with Ennis. Which gives him an advantage over Cooney and Mike G.

sounds like I'm starting to convert you!
I would have always taken either. They are both top 20 dudes. According to Paulie Jefferson seems to be sealed for 'zona. Selden is the next best thing. I will keep my expectations low cuz that's a big haul snd I dont want to be over zealous. Mannnn, a class of Ennis, Selden and Jefferson sounds to good to be true. Here's hoping.

I would have always taken either. They are both top 20 dudes. According to Paulie Jefferson seems to be sealed for 'zona. Selden is the next best thing. I will keep my expectations low cuz that's a big haul snd I dont want to be over zealous. Mannnn, a class of Ennis, Selden and Jefferson sounds to good to be true. Here's hoping.
Jefferson and Selden are both being recruited as guards so I think it is an either or situation

My gut says we're only ending up with Ennis/Lawrence for 2013... but if we were to land Selden, I'd feel sorry for Cooney's PT. Selden is not the type of talent you take off the court for more than 7-8mpg.

Jefferson and Selden are both being recruited as guards so I think it is an either or situation
Oh no question. One or the other. cant lose with either.

Wow this kid is a must get. Glad we landed Red to hawk him down and complement Jimmy and Hop.

My gut says we're only ending up with Ennis/Lawrence for 2013... but if we were to land Selden, I'd feel sorry for Cooney's PT. Selden is not the type of talent you take off the court for more than 7-8mpg.
I have not seen Selden, but IMHO, Cooney is under rated by many and will be a great college player with a shot at the NBA. Terrific shooter and athlete with good size.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

A lot of the same clips but wow this kids is advanced! A one and doner no question about it!
Hoopmix

I always envision him as a Jayhawk. Something about his style reminds me of the type of player they get.

I always envision him as a Jayhawk. Something about his style reminds me of the type of player they get.

I don't see why Kansas is as know for their forwards as SU is.

Selden is like a poor mans rondae Jefferson... What now gabjon?

I think gabjon was saying Cuse is more known for their forwards then KU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom