We need to lower our expectations. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We need to lower our expectations.

two3zone said:
To be fair Ennis is a part of that class and he's in the NBA. But I don't disagree with the rest of your statement.

We're just not elite enough to keep taking hits like Ennis and Grant.

There's a half dozen schools, at most, that can.

To be fair Ennis is a part of that class and he's in the NBA. But I don't disagree with the rest of your statement.

Ennis's time at SU to me was like boning a hot girl in your dreams and it ends before you're finished. BJ and Roberson so far are like boning an ugly chick in your dreams, you finish, and are left with a mess after.

Preaching to the choir man. I want us to be awesome every year, but I'll never hate on the team even if we were 10-25, it happens and as much as I love Cuse basketball I'm not going to lose sleep over any loss, except for the last loss of the year because I don't want to wait months for more basketball.

But isn't that precisely what the past 5 years or so have been? We were a 1 seed, 3 seed, 1 seed, 4 seed (Final Four), 3 seed and now the clunker.

Yet the only Final Four out of those great seasons were by the "worst" team of the group. Frustrating.

But isn't that precisely what the past 5 years or so have been? We were a 1 seed, 3 seed, 1 seed, 4 seed (Final Four), 3 seed and now the clunker.

Very fair. Suppose i'm just bitter at how well the Duke's and Kentuckys seem to put the puzzle pieces together just a little better every year.

Very fair. Suppose i'm just bitter at how well the Duke's and Kentuckys seem to put the puzzle pieces together just a little better every year.

I'll be the first to say it: It's time to put JB out to pasture and get someone committed to offense (just joking...kinda).

I'm not really sold on defense winning games. There's a reason why Duke is top 5 every year and that's because they always have at least three guys that can consistently make shots, particularly three-pointers.

When you don't have the best players like Kentucky or an offense like Duke's, its hard to be elite consistently. This is a continued slide from the end of last season when the offense broke down.

I said we would lose 5 non-conf games and was caned and ridiculed on here. Looks like it is a real possibility.

I've said a number of times that SG is SU's weakest position over the years.

Too many years of lousy shooting guards. Guards that are lousy at shooting, I mean. Fine with the zone, whatever, but don't let it dictate recruiting

rock-bottom.jpeg

Our starting PG is on the D-League shuttle from Fresno? to Phoenix.

When kids leave before they're ready to "follow their dreams" this is what you get.

There's only 2. Kentucky and Duke. Not Kansas, not UNC, not Cuse, not Zona, not Louisville, just Kentucky and Duke.

And lost to Robert Morris in the first round...

Who gives a flying _____, they have a title in the past 5 years. And many more in the past.

longislandcuse said:
There's only 2. Kentucky and Duke. Not Kansas, not UNC, not Cuse, not Zona, not Louisville, just Kentucky and Duke.

Zona, Kansas and Ville seem to be doing pretty well.

if this is, in fact, a rebuilding year, then what's going to happen next season when the only two offensive threats on the current roster are gone?

the luxury is that beating st johns in December doesn't matter. this team has months to prove itself. the problem is that the longer they suck, eventually they are what they are.

if this is, in fact, a rebuilding year, then what's going to happen next season when the only two offensive threats on the current roster are gone?
who are those 2 threats exactly?

The staff flopped with the sophomore class and were caught off guard with Ennis and Grant leaving early.

But I'm starting to question their recruiting practices and judge of talent.

I would question it as well, but might be more specific. They are over-reliant on one form of 'talent', ranginess and athleticism. Too many of these guys look great in HS, but are major projects in college. Your only project should be a center. Our 'projects' span every role. And to have a project at PG is unacceptable.

Give me a PG with the highest possible bball IQ, over the most athletic, any old day.

Our staff is not capable of coaching up these projects fast enough. Our system needs a mix of guys whom already have a high bball IQ. It suffers when it doesn't have those guys in the lineup.

16-15, hosting an NIT game. Maybe 17-14. If we get to 20, jb should be COY.

I admit. I didn't think we would lose to ST. Johns. Had going 10-3 in non conference. I still think we end up going 9-4. Then conference play 9-9 realistic (we will lose to somebody we shouldn't, we will also beat somebody we shouldn't)

This team has flaws, and coupled with inexperience and lack of development is a problem.

Cue, I have been a fan since 1900 and i have seen a lot of basketball. Have some faith, you of all people have written this team off from the get go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom