We won. That is all that matters right now | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

We won. That is all that matters right now

There definitely were moments with Burton 1 on 1. Usually Judah didn't fair well and then complained about getting called for a foul afterward. He usually had a point, because Burton is good at drawing contact and then using that to get a call. But, that's Judah's bread and butter, so he shouldn't complain. Although, that one play where Burton pretty much grabbed Judah's arm and got the call on Judah, was questionable at best.

ND’s coach put Bell into action with the ball screen and hunted him over and over.

Bell looked like he never defended that action before. He was a mess.

Our team doesn’t have all world defenders and there is plenty of blame to go around, but Bell was BBQ chicken over and over.

Both sides are understandable. I mean I get it we were up by 29 and to make it that close was horrendous. It’s not on the kids but the coaches, imho. Anyways I am more interested in bulldogs D1 experience which is awesome. The more insight on this level of play the better as far as I’m concerned as most of us never got there. My wife being one of them as I constantly hear..lol
Absolutely, everyone's view is valuable. But, it doesn't have to be presented as an argument against eachother. We all want Syracuse to succeed. It was certainly a frustrating game to watch, but there is so much to learn from this game for the players.

ND’s coach put Bell into action with the ball screen and hunted him over and over.

Bell looked like he never defended that action before. He was a mess.

Our team doesn’t have all world defenders and there is plenty of blame to go around, but Bell was BBQ chicken over and over.
Absolutely, Bell needs to work on his defense. It's a tough call, whether to put him out there for his offense and allow the other team to toast him on defense. But, it is on Bell to figure out how to improve on defense. Hopefully, he sees his deficiencies on defense and addresses them and becomes a better player. If his pride gets in the way of his progress, then he won't improve. But, hopefully he can be honest with himself, because he has the capability to improve.

Tell that to top UNC and Duke. Plus Don’t forget Virginia who lost by 20 to ND.
They should be embarrassed as well, their poor performance doesn’t justify other poor performances.

So when they win it’s not good enough. If they win and they don’t win by enough, it’s not good enough. When they get a big lead and a team comes back, everything is wrong. It never ends. So clear how many of you have never played meaningful sports in your lives
Hey Bulldog - For clarity, does a u-10 Rec league title count as meaningful sports? ;)

Last edited:
AA is super slow to make obvious adjustments. Playing M2M, Brown’s man repeatedly goes to the left corner & just stands there. Brown is out of position to rebound, block shots, steal or block out. Bell’s man goes to the top of the key & ND repeatedly drives to the hoop for layups. Bell can’t stop anyone & can’t rebound. Over & over & over. AA doesn’t adjust & lets Bell get beat like a dead horse.

AA is super slow to make obvious adjustments. Playing M2M, Brown’s man repeatedly goes to the left corner & just stands there. Brown is out of position to rebound, block shots, steal or block out. Bell’s man goes to the top of the key & ND repeatedly drives to the hoop for layups. Bell can’t stop anyone & can’t rebound. Over & over & over. AA doesn’t adjust & lets Bell get beat like a dead horse.
Would it make you feel better to know that they won though? That means the strategy must’ve worked!

The fact that you said “right now” implies that later on it might matter. Which means it actually may matter now.

Clearly you haven’t……..because anyone who has would be upset by that near absolute collapse.

A win is important, but when you’re building towards a goal sometimes how you get that win is just as important.
“Near collapse” is the key. The last two games the opponents made runs and the kids found a way to hang on and gut out wins. That is huge for any team, especially a very young one.
Stop being so negative. The coaches have a lot to work with moving forward. Overall, there is significant progress being made.

The threes from Shrewsburys kid were daggers and the D was ok. Burton should have been contained.

JB was making a great point that the ACC is gonna get in 6 or so teams and we can be one of them and we’re collapsing and blowing a 30 point lead.

We had an insane scheduling break after UNC win with 5 awful teams and then Clemson rematch. 2/3 is fine but still couldn’t put either of these games away?
He doesn’t know. It’s just something he said in a hopeful manner and did a great job of politicking for the team. We need it. But that statement isn’t based in fact.

Nah just a division 1 all American in my sport. But thanks for trying me. Wins are wins right now and winning is hard. There’s no way around that. People that have played meaningful sports understand that. That’s my point
Yeah. I’m sure you are a true superstar!
And so humble too!

Yeah. I’m sure you are a true superstar!
And so humble too!
Was simply responding to the person that said I didn’t play sports. My point was, that people that have played a lot of meaningful sports know how hard it is to win. Doesn’t matter if up 20 or down 10. It’s hard to win in any sport. Duke lost today to a team that’s worse than them. Is winning hard ? Very… if it were easy, everyone would do it.

(And I can send you a bio if you like to address your superstar comment ;) )

If someone’s “All American” sport wasn’t BB then it doesn’t mean they know more about BB than those of us whose sport WAS BB

FWIW, Bell was +9 on the game.

Team best.
Looking at the play by play.

We went + 2 without Bell in the 1st half
We went -4 without Bell in the 2nd half

We won by 3 and he played 38 mins. I’m not seeing how they got +9 at all. Not doubting you saw it somewhere

Looking at the play by play.

We went + 2 without Bell in the 1st half
We went -4 without Bell in the 2nd half

We won by 3 and he played 38 mins. I’m not seeing how they got +9 at all. Not doubting you saw it somewhere
It’s in the Syracuse.com box score

Would it make you feel better to know that they won though? That means the strategy must’ve worked!

Ricky P would have us locked into a protected seed right now amirite? No way we don’t win by 30 with him I’m sure of it.

We gave up almost 60 in the second half in 20
minutes. That translates to 80 plus in an NBA game with a 24 second clock. Everyone got destroyed. We couldn’t locate the coaches son at all. JJ and Bell were the worst two, but they had help.

We gave up almost 60 in the second half in 20
minutes. That translates to 80 plus in an NBA game with a 24 second clock. Everyone got destroyed. We couldn’t locate the coaches son at all. JJ and Bell were the worst two, but they had help.
I disagree. I think Judah was the worst. He just could never stay in front of his man.

Obv the defensive "performance" in the 2nd half was pathetic, but uh we also torched a very good defensive team, seems like there should be chatter about that too
The ball movement in the first half was as good as it gets. More 1-1 in second but we were still scoring at will

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom